Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

It's Down To Four 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:45 pm

Q: On if this is the toughest draft pick he's ever had:
McHale: No. There are a lot of guys you like. I think it's the easiest. For that third pick we started off with eight guys, excluding (Kansas State forward Michael) Beasley and (Memphis point guard Derrick) Rose, and we're down to four guys that we really like a lot. Any one of those four guys, you'd be really excited about them.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/ru ... 80617.html

So who are the four? Lopez, Mayo are givens. My guess is the other two are Love and Gallinari. Thoughts?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,639

Re: It's Down To Four 

Post#2 » by shrink » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Mayo, Love, Lopez, Gallinari.

Interesting that McHale still talks about Beasley like he's unobtainable.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#3 » by cpfsf » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 pm

It's definitely not going to be Randolph, Gordon, or Bayless.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#4 » by revprodeji » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 pm

Or unwanted...

I could see Mchale having issues with him. Also, McHale did say that someone refused a workout. We cannot come out and say "Beasley will not play for this team" because it shows our hand in a potential trade down.

McHale has said in the past that he really liked 6-7 prospects. This is not new news. The givens are

-Gallinari
-Love
-ROse
-Mayo
-Lopez.

That gives us 1--maybe 2 more spots. Beasley is the media #2 guys. So we could put him there, but what if Mchale does not?

What about Joe Alexander?

I think we will either draft Mayo or something will happen and we will end up with Love and Gallinari.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#5 » by deeney0 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:34 pm

Agree, it's Mayo, Love, Lopez, and Gallinari, probably (hopefully) in that order.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#6 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:45 pm

We're going to draft Mayo. Keep him.

Memphis will snag Love

Maybe Galinarri ends up a Buck? or is Yi their SF?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#7 » by Klomp » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 pm

revprodeji wrote:McHale has said in the past that he really liked 6-7 prospects. This is not new news.

If you look back, it said they narrowed it down from 8 to 4.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#8 » by Krapinsky » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:We're going to draft Mayo. Keep him.

Memphis will snag Love

Maybe Galinarri ends up a Buck? or is Yi their SF?

Yi is there PF. So they could consider Gallinari or Alexander. I think a dark horse for them might be Rush who I think would best compliment the players they have. Yeah, I know it's early for him, but surprises happen.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#9 » by dunkonu21 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 am

I mean one obviously has to be Jordan. Cause I'm always right. Duh.
All Day
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#10 » by All Day » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:02 am

If McHale takes Gallinari at #3, I would be furious. Does the fact the McHale would take him at #3 and not try and trade down to pick up some other assets make anybody else feel this way? This isn't a knock on Gallinari, but he clearly isn't the 3rd best player in the draft.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#11 » by Wingman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 am

If we select anyone besides Mayo at 3 I will be very disappointed. If we trade down for Love or Gallinari, I'll be fine. I still think our best scenario is if Beasley slips and we trade him and Walker for Bogut and the 8th pick. I hope there is something behind that rumor.
shrink
RealGM

Post#12 » by shrink » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:34 am

All Day wrote: Does the fact the McHale would take him at #3 and not try and trade down to pick up some other assets make anybody else feel this way?

That's a fact?
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:03 am

I may not understand correctly, but since we potentially owe the Clippers a 1st round pick, it was my understanding that we cannot trade our pick, but instead, the player chosen with it? Im not sure but i thought you couldnt trade away consecutive 1st round picks?
shrink
RealGM

Post#14 » by shrink » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:19 pm

4ho5ive wrote:I may not understand correctly, but since we potentially owe the Clippers a 1st round pick, it was my understanding that we cannot trade our pick, but instead, the player chosen with it? Im not sure but i thought you couldnt trade away consecutive 1st round picks?

You're correct. The only caveat I'd make is that you trade your two 1sts away as long as you have some other team's 1st rounder guaranteed next season. We do not -- the MIA pick is Top 10 protected, and the BOS pick is Top 3. The only way MIN could trade its first if it got a guaranteed first back.
Carpe Diem
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#15 » by Carpe Diem » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Or you draft and then make the trade. I fully expect that the Wolves will take either Mayo/Beasley and then after the other team drafts, the trade, assuming one is made, will be announced.

Of course I am in the camp of drafting which ever player Miami does not take at #2 and keeping him.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#16 » by horaceworthy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:15 pm

revprodeji wrote:Or unwanted...

I could see Mchale having issues with him. Also, McHale did say that someone refused a workout. We cannot come out and say "Beasley will not play for this team" because it shows our hand in a potential trade down.

McHale has said in the past that he really liked 6-7 prospects. This is not new news. The givens are

-Gallinari
-Love
-ROse
-Mayo
-Lopez.

That gives us 1--maybe 2 more spots. Beasley is the media #2 guys. So we could put him there, but what if Mchale does not?

What about Joe Alexander?

I think we will either draft Mayo or something will happen and we will end up with Love and Gallinari.

The exchange went like this:

Reporter: Has anyone refused to work out?
McHale: Of course.
Reporter: Someone other than Rose or Beasley?
McHale: Of course.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
All Day
Sophomore

Post#17 » by All Day » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:05 am

shrink wrote:
All Day wrote: Does the fact the McHale would take him at #3 and not try and trade down to pick up some other assets make anybody else feel this way?

That's a fact?

Touche. <speculation> I'll choose my words more carefully next time.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves