MIN/DEN or MIN/MEM

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

MIN/DEN or MIN/MEM 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:11 pm

What would you guys think about trading Antoine Walker to either Denver for Nene or to Memphis for Darko Milicic. Both guys would give us a nice, steady option alongside Jefferson assuming we draft Mayo.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Re: MIN/DEN or MIN/MEM 

Post#2 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:17 pm

I'd do any of those trades.

Nene is a health risk, but as long as we get something worthy for Walker then sall good.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#3 » by Wingman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Nene's contract is too long and too big with all his injuries. Darko only has 2 years left at 7 and 7.5 million, so I'd probably pull the trigger. Best case you have your center of the future, worst case you have one more year to wait until the contract expires.
All Day
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#4 » by All Day » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Darko? Yes.
Nene? Probably not.

Darko averages a little over $7 mil the next 2 seasons.
Nene averages a little under $11 mil over the next 4 seasons.

Both guys would be decent players/fits for the wolves, but Jaric would have to be outgoing for me to consider taking on Nene.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:06 am

Isnt Nene a defensive liability? Add in his contract and I really wouldnt consider dealing for him. Darko? thats another story, my only issue would be that it may hurt us in the 09 FA that we have all been looking forward too. Im not the numbers guru that Shrink and others are, so I would love to see how our cap sit. plays out before considering it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,657

Post#6 » by shrink » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:50 am

Nene's $43 mil for the next four years, and with his injuries, he has a good deal of negative trade value. so much so, that the rumors out of DEN is that they are trying to trade Camby. Camby makes about $11 mil a year over the next two. If he stays healthy, he's worth it, but at 34, he's way too old. Anyway, if we offered Nene for an expiring, at a minimum we'd want them to include the #20, and maybe more. I wouldn't want to take the risk, but I'd look at

Walker + Jaric for Nene + Stephen Hunter + #20.

DEN has KMart and Camby, and probably a re-signed Najera, but would need to address back-ups themselves.

Regarding MEM, Darko still has never had a year where he's been worth his contract, but last year in Memphis, he improved some. Of course, he still has the potential that got him drafted in front of Wade, Bosh and Carmelo, but three teams have been waiting on him. Still, he's still very young (23!) He's a great shot-blocker. The biggest obstacle though is that MEM really doesn't have an option at center besides him. Collins? The Wolves best hope is that MEM drafts a center at #5, and maybe a back-up center with a second rounder too .. maybe then they'd move the contract $7.2 mil for two years.

I'd probably trade him for an expiring, and as MEM tries to cut costs to make it easier to find a new buyer, I suppose its a possiblity. Even if we missed, it only delays the money we take off the books by a year.
All Day
Sophomore

Post#7 » by All Day » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:02 am

I wouldn't call Nene a defensive liability, but he's not a great defender by any stretch. He relies a lot on his athleticism and he can get up and block shots. He played solid defense on TD and the Spurs in last year's first round playoff series. A healthy Nene, given sufficient minutes, could probably put up 15 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg, and 2 spg. He's a guy who could really benefit from all the double teams Al commands.

But, as mentioned, he is a health risk. And for all the money he has owed to him, trading an expiring for him is one risk I don't think I'd be willing to take.

Walker + Jaric for Nene + Stephen Hunter + #20 works for me, and I could potentially see DEN pulling the trigger on a deal like that.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#8 » by Krapinsky » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:23 am

Nene = No Way. Has he even played basketball since he signed that ridiculous contract? Immense negative trade value IMO.

Darko = No. Fair trade, but I just don't like his bad attitude. We're building something here and chemistry seems to be most important.

Let's just wait and see which big men we get in the draft. If we don't end up with anyone ready to play away, then we can start talking crazy.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#9 » by deeney0 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:24 am

Neither.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#10 » by TheFranchise21 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:16 am

I want nothing to do with Nene and Darko is too inconsistent for me.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves