ImageImageImage

Knicks/Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NYKNICKSBBALL
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Knicks/Wolves 

Post#21 » by NYKNICKSBBALL » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:58 pm

I think the 6th and lee for the 3rd and a fill in works for both teams. The knicks can get mayo who they convet and the wolves can get a double double david lee and a solid pick at 6.
I'm Dwayne from New York I'm the proud Affiliate of the fastest growing online business to date. You can get a 7 day free trial today to see how this great online business works. http://www.smartmoneydp.ws <----Opportunity to earn thousands monthly.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#22 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Yea, you're gonna have to offer more than Lee and #6 to move up. We can stand pat at #3 and take whoever is left of Beasley/Mayo, so we have no problem not dealing, you gotta do better than that.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#23 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:31 am

Lee is enough talent-wise, but I'm not sure if he fits the MN roster w/ Al Jefferson and him both being best used at PF

how is he at center, I see he has an amazing PER differential while playing center,
http://www.82games.com/0708/07NYK11C.HTM
but I'd suspect those numbers are against small lineups
cutthecrap
Freshman

Post#24 » by cutthecrap » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:21 am

Franchise just posted on this as well...

Not sure if there is anything concrete to the rumor of #3 for #5 and #6 although for the Wolves this would appear to be very appealing.

I know the consensus is for a Love/Gallinari draft...I much prefer Love and Augustin. DJ may be undersized and still needs work on his defense, but he is a tremendous floor leader and will be able to set up Al, Foye and Love for many, many years to come!
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Post#25 » by mayorhoiberg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:31 pm

This actually appears to have some life.

Rumors say that Memphis wants to cut salary, so they'd actually deal the 5 and Brian Cardinal to NYK for Lee.

Leaving the Knicks with the 5th and 6th picks.

Leaving us the opportunity to offer Mayo for Love and Gallinari.

OHHH man.
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#26 » by TMo519 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm not really sure how I feel about that. But I don't think we couldn't not do it.
MN Die Hard
Analyst

Post#27 » by MN Die Hard » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I'm with whoever said we should just trump NY's offer for #5. McCants/Walker/picks (31, Miami, Boston) for #5 and Cardinal...not sure what the final package looks like but if Memphis really is considering NY's offer (which I doubt anyway) I think we can do better.

Why settle for 5 and 6 when we can have 3 and 5? Mayo and Love....ooh yeah, we're set up for YEARS!
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#28 » by TMo519 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm

MN Die Hard wrote:I'm with whoever said we should just trump NY's offer for #5. McCants/Walker/picks (31, Miami, Boston) for #5 and Cardinal...not sure what the final package looks like but if Memphis really is considering NY's offer (which I doubt anyway) I think we can do better.

Why settle for 5 and 6 when we can have 3 and 5? Mayo and Love....ooh yeah, we're set up for YEARS!

Yeah, I like that better.
cutthecrap
Freshman

Post#29 » by cutthecrap » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:18 pm

My sense is that we have a much higher perceived value of McCants than the other teams...
mayorhoiberg
Sophomore

Post#30 » by mayorhoiberg » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:24 pm

cutthecrap wrote:My sense is that we have a much higher perceived value of McCants than the other teams...

My sense is the exact opposite.

There are no other fans in the NBA who would insistently and consistently try to trade a top 20 3 point shooter who averages 15 points per game for garbage. (#31 and McCants for #24!!!! what a great deal!!!)
MN Die Hard
Analyst

Post#31 » by MN Die Hard » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:24 pm

cutthecrap wrote:My sense is that we have a much higher perceived value of McCants than the other teams...

I dont disagree with that, but the same thing might hold true with the Knicks and David Lee.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#32 » by funkatron101 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 pm

I think his true value is somewhere in the middle.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Post#33 » by TrentTuckerForever » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Lee is enough talent-wise, but I'm not sure if he fits the MN roster w/ Al Jefferson and him both being best used at PF

how is he at center, I see he has an amazing PER differential while playing center,
http://www.82games.com/0708/07NYK11C.HTM
but I'd suspect those numbers are against small lineups

Thanks for posting that link, Devilz. I totally think of Lee as a center next to Al... neither are dominant defensive players, but both rebound well and Lee's athleticism would mix well with Al's post game (high-low lobs, etc.) Lee is only 6'9", but Ben Wallace played at a game changing level for five years as a 6'7" center. Lee has similar physical tools and a great work ethic.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?
TrentTuckerForever
Starter

Post#34 » by TrentTuckerForever » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 pm

MN Die Hard wrote:I'm with whoever said we should just trump NY's offer for #5. McCants/Walker/picks (31, Miami, Boston) for #5 and Cardinal...not sure what the final package looks like but if Memphis really is considering NY's offer (which I doubt anyway) I think we can do better.

So MN would offer McCants and Walker's expiring for #5 and Cardinal? Hmm. That is better than anything NYK could put together, and is probably a fair deal for McCants.

I'm with MayorHoiberg on McCants - he's probably underrated on this board because we're so familiar with the warts on his game (defense, turnovers, etc.) McCants might have been the proverbial "good stats/bad team" guy last year, but those stats Hoiberg cites are hard to ignore, especially for a young player coming off microfracture surgery.

Love is basically a more skilled, less athletic version of Lee. As far as fit goes I'd rather have Lee next to Jefferson than Love, but either (while keeping Mayo) would be great. Really, really great actually.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#35 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Lee isn't a starting caliber center (at least not the kind I'd like next to Al) but he would a nice 3rd big who could give minutes at both the 4 and 5. If we're not going to pick Mayo at 3 it would make sense to trade down to 6 and get Lee.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#36 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 pm

TrentTuckerForever wrote:

So MN would offer McCants and Walker's expiring for #5 and Cardinal? Hmm. That is better than anything NYK could put together, and is probably a fair deal for McCants.

I'm with MayorHoiberg on McCants - he's probably underrated on this board because we're so familiar with the warts on his game (defense, turnovers, etc.) McCants might have been the proverbial "good stats/bad team" guy last year, but those stats Hoiberg cites are hard to ignore, especially for a young player coming off microfracture surgery.

Love is basically a more skilled, less athletic version of Lee. As far as fit goes I'd rather have Lee next to Jefferson than Love, but either (while keeping Mayo) would be great. Really, really great actually.

McCants and Walker make alot more than Cardinal, we'd have to take back more salary.
cutthecrap
Freshman

Post#37 » by cutthecrap » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:47 pm

The word is that they tried to deal him at the trade deadline last year and based on 1) his lack of effort on the defensive end and 2) his reluctance to listen to the coaches they were unable to make anything happen.

So despite being a good scorer, his value appears to be much higher for the Wolves.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter

Post#38 » by TrentTuckerForever » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:00 pm

cutthecrap wrote:The word is that they tried to deal him at the trade deadline last year and based on 1) his lack of effort on the defensive end and 2) his reluctance to listen to the coaches they were unable to make anything happen.

So despite being a good scorer, his value appears to be much higher for the Wolves.

... or they just didn't want to give him away for nothing. I actually think McCants and Lee have similar value - young players who've had some statistical success on bad teams. McCants would be a great fit in NY with D'Antoni. He'd play Rashard, Crawford and a PG together on the wings and try to run like crazy.

I think Lee's ceiling is higher than 3rd big, Worm. He just turned 25 and has never had a consistent role for the Knicks (they played him some at the 3 last year, for crying out loud!) I think if he played consistent minutes next to an established low-post scorer like Jefferson, he could be a solid starter. Kurt Thomas-like, perhaps.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#39 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:40 pm

TrentTuckerForever wrote:
I think Lee's ceiling is higher than 3rd big, Worm. He just turned 25 and has never had a consistent role for the Knicks (they played him some at the 3 last year, for crying out loud!) I think if he played consistent minutes next to an established low-post scorer like Jefferson, he could be a solid starter. Kurt Thomas-like, perhaps.

Lee could be a solid starter at PF, and he can play some minutes at center next to Al but I don't think Al and Lee make a great full-time frontcourt. It would be OK, I guess.
Sephiroth
Senior
And1: 88

Post#40 » by Sephiroth » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Draft OJ Mayo no matter what.

Do you trade Jordan for Stockton and Barkley? No.

Malone > Barkley.
Jordan > Stockton and Malone.

OJ Mayo = Jordan.
Kevin Love and Eric Gordon = Stockton and Malone.

Of course, this is a ridiculous post - but I'd go with Mayo. :D

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves