ImageImageImage

News from banks336

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

cmc32124
Sophomore
And1: 0

News from banks336 

Post#1 » by cmc32124 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 am

The following is from the poster banks336, he says this source is reliable. I would have thought this would have already been on here but since its not, here it is!

I have the LATEST news... My source is GOOD!

Ok first off I was in the chat and I posted some of my info then they just confirmed it on espn..... OK,

The Heat were saying they want Beasley at first so they can see what kind of offers they can get for him.... And they gathered their info so they know what they can get for him....

Now they put it out there that they might want OJ, they are doing the same exact thing with him that they did with Beasley...

Beasley is they guy who they are more than likely to draft, unless something major happens, it doesn't matter what else you hear BUT they aren't drafting him for themselves.. They plan on drafting him and shipping him to the Sonics for Wilcox and Mayo(assuming he falls to 4).

The Timberwolves Front Office are playing their cards very smart because they want Mayo more than ANYTHING he's the guy on their board, they don't want Beasley at all, he will get traded if he's selected by Minny...

Everyone thinks the Wolves will trade who ever they select regardless that's where the tricky part come in about the heat and sonics... The Heat are thinking if they can take Beasley, then we will pass on OJ, and he will fall to the Sonics so they can complete thier deal BUT the wolves are planning on taking OJ so they hold the key's to that Sonics Heat trade....

All in all expect the pick to be OJ, or Love(IF he falls pass 5)
Don't expect Beasley to be a Wolve for long if he's selected...

The only thing I've heard about their 2nd rounders is that if they don't take a big with their 1st pick then they might trade back into the late 1st to grab a big.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Re: News from banks336 

Post#2 » by the_bruce » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:25 am

hmm wilcox + 4 for Blount + 2 seems logical based on MIA's want to not take on cap space.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,652

Post#3 » by shrink » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:28 am

bruceallen61 wrote:hmm wilcox + 4 for Blount + 2 seems logical based on MIA's want to not take on cap space.

If SEA takes Beasley, I think this deal paints MIA into a corner. If they want Mayo, they have nothing left to add to the #4 to get him.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#4 » by TheFranchise21 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:28 am

Why didn't banks just post this himself? Where did you talk to him and why are you posting on his behalf?

I don't ever remember the Heat saying they liked Beasley like you say they did. They kept their mouths shut for a while. In fact, it was only a matter of days, maybe a week, after the lottery before rumors came out that Beasley wasn't a lock for #2. It doesn't make sense for them to try to build up Beasley for 4-5 days after the lottery, and then tear him down. Shouldn't they have built him up a little longer?
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#5 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:32 am

got it at mn sports fans.

it was posted by banks. I dont believe the part of the F.O. not liking Beasley though
the_bruce
Analyst

Post#6 » by the_bruce » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:32 am

banks posted this on twolvescentral, just looked
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#7 » by cmc32124 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:33 am

TheFranchise21 wrote:Why didn't banks just post this himself? Where did you talk to him and why are you posting on his behalf?

I don't ever remember the Heat saying they liked Beasley like you say they did. They kept their mouths shut for a while. In fact, it was only a matter of days, maybe a week, after the lottery before rumors came out that Beasley wasn't a lock for #2. It doesn't make sense for them to try to build up Beasley for 4-5 days after the lottery, and then tear him down. Shouldn't they have built him up a little longer?

Dont know why banks didnt post it. But when i went to twolvescentral and he wasnt there, i decided to post it because i figured you guys would like some new news....
cmc32124
Sophomore

Post#8 » by cmc32124 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:35 am

shrink wrote:
bruceallen61 wrote:hmm wilcox + 4 for Blount + 2 seems logical based on MIA's want to not take on cap space.

If SEA takes Beasley, I think this deal paints MIA into a corner. If they want Mayo, they have nothing left to add to the #4 to get him.

On twolvescentral banks says (another post in the same thread) that Miami would be fine with Bayless as well as Mayo.....
the_bruce
Analyst

Post#9 » by the_bruce » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:41 am

shrink wrote:

I think bayless vs mayo is imaterial to MIA at this point.

zo
wilcox\haslem
marion
wade
bayless

cap next year is enough to make make major bids in 2009/2010. They could even clear more $$ by shipping Haslem. Who knows maybe SEA is willing to take on banks too? Leaving them basicly wade and a couple of picks that year. 35m to spend on FA's?

xxx(fa@10m)
brand (fa@15m)
xxx (fa@10m)
Wade
Bayless

I don't think bayless will fit well with wade but thats just me.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#10 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:57 am

I think Bayless would be an ok fit. Not better than Mayo, but if they are willing to settle he would be ok. I think that would be a baddd defensive backcourt, though they have Marion, he may have to guard the 3's/4's of the world.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#11 » by theGreatRC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:57 am

why can't things be simple? Why can't Miami take Beasley and we take Mayo or vice versa?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:09 am

Ahh, cmon, let ol' Riles f--- this up. I'd love to see Jefferson and M-B-EZ clash 4 times a year. I think Jefferson would constantly get the best of him. Brew will cause problems for Durant and Foye and Mayo will shred any guard they try to throw at us.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by TheFranchise21 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:15 am

I've heard different things about the way our FO feels about Beasley. I think McHale is sensing there's a very small possibility we might end up with Beasley and so that is why he tried to set up the phone interview. That is not a smokescreen. Its us trying to get more info on Beasley in case we end up with him.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,652

Post#14 » by shrink » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:24 am

bruceallen61 wrote: I think bayless vs mayo is imaterial to MIA at this point.

The difference I think is that Wade has been working out with Mayo and really likes the guy.

Since Wade has the chance to go anywhere in 2010 free agency, I expect that priority #1 in Miami is keeping wade happy.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#15 » by big3_8_19_21 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:26 am

TOO BAD! They can't have Mayo...MINE!!! They're going to have to take him no. 2 if they want him.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by TheFranchise21 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:29 am

Wade is definitely making a case for Mayo to the Heat brass. He's never been the type of player to demand things ala Kobe, but if Miami wants to keep Wade long term, acquiring Mayo might help their cause.
banks336
Freshman

Post#17 » by banks336 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:38 am

Sup guys, my bad I couldn't post the info on here,thanks to the person who did it... But yea, that's what I heard, and the heat would want Mayo or Bayless at 4 along with Wilcox... They can trade Beasley to the sonics in that deal or to the Grizz for Mike Miller & #5... And your guy could be right about beasley but mines said if Beasley ends up being picked by Minny then it's a very good chance he gets traded because the feelins are mutual.

The best deal the Heat can get for Mayo would be something with Brand but I'm not sure if the Clips are willing to move Brand now, nor would the Heat have to deal with re-signing Brand next year along with Marion(unless he's included in the deal). I know I don't post on here much but I mainly post at Wolves Chat or Twovlescentral but I don't post at Wolves Chat anymore so I decided to come to a new board. I'm just putting out what I know.
My only youtube highlights http://youtube.com/watch?v=n0c0SoW4M0A
banks336
Freshman

Post#18 » by banks336 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:42 am

TheFranchise21 wrote:Wade is definitely making a case for Mayo to the Heat brass. He's never been the type of player to demand things ala Kobe, but if Miami wants to keep Wade long term, acquiring Mayo might help their cause.

I think Wade might prefer to win now rather than playing with his friend.
Bayless/Wade/Marion/Haslem/Wilcox
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,350

Post#19 » by Calinks » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:15 am

banks336 wrote:Sup guys, my bad I couldn't post the info on here,thanks to the person who did it... But yea, that's what I heard, and the heat would want Mayo or Bayless at 4 along with Wilcox... They can trade Beasley to the sonics in that deal or to the Grizz for Mike Miller & #5... And your guy could be right about beasley but mines said if Beasley ends up being picked by Minny then it's a very good chance he gets traded because the feelins are mutual.
The best deal the Heat can get for Mayo would be something with Brand but I'm not sure if the Clips are willing to move Brand now, nor would the Heat have to deal with re-signing Brand next year along with Marion(unless he's included in the deal). I know I don't post on here much but I mainly post at Wolves Chat or Twovlescentral but I don't post at Wolves Chat anymore so I decided to come to a new board. I'm just putting out what I know.

So Beasley doesn't want to play here?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
banks336
Freshman

Post#20 » by banks336 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:38 am

My last update guys... Beasley has now told people that it doesn't matter where he's drafted, he just wants to play in the league... But if that's the best offer the heat have for Beasley then they are going to draft him and trade him so we won't be in a situation to take beasley anyway...

WAYYYY To much is going on, just expect the wolves to leave the draft with either Love or Mayo, I truly doubt the heat will take mayo with the # 2 pick.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves