ImageImageImage

I will scream and stop watching the wolves this season if...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: I will scream and stop watching the wolves this season if... 

Post#21 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:50 pm

stop-n-pop wrote:The guy had the best season in college ball in the past 20 years. That may be one of the silliest comparisons I've seen in this entire draft run up.

Yes and I understand that. Re-read where i said "I know, I know". Maybe i should revise it to say i was only poking fun at your summary of Foye. I wasnt seriously comparing Beasley to Craig so fall back.
stop-n-pop
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by stop-n-pop » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:04 pm

4ho5ive wrote:
stop-n-pop wrote:The guy had the best season in college ball in the past 20 years. That may be one of the silliest comparisons I've seen in this entire draft run up.

Yes and I understand that. Re-read where i said "I know, I know". Maybe i should revise it to say i was only poking fun at your summary of Foye. I wasnt seriously comparing Beasley to Craig so fall back.
Got it. I guess this is one of those places where the internets and dryness don't work well together. My bad.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:12 pm

Tis all good. we're all here for the same reason.
ChazzleDazzle
Junior
And1: 1

Post#24 » by ChazzleDazzle » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:15 pm

I will scream and watch the Wolves significantly less if...

...somehow Jefferson and Foye aren't on the the team this year. That's the only way.

Chaz
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#25 » by revprodeji » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:18 pm

I was told that memphis and MN are still talking. I am trying to think what.

Would you do #3 for Mike Miller+#5?

I am just trying to think of situations. I know Minnesota said they would trade down "if" they could get a current young starter and one of the players they want. I know when they listed their needs they said they need a big banger next to Al and a 2/3 with scoring and range. Mike Miller+5th (love) seems like a deal that could be likely.

I am just trying to gauge value.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#26 » by deeney0 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Not really interested, and knowing Memphis the filler is Walker, not Jaric. I'd pass on that.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 694

Post#27 » by karch34 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:30 pm

With the Memphis deal it depends on if it's Beasley or Mayo at #3. If it's Beasley and there's questions about him wanting to play here and his attitude questions, then I'm more inclined. If Walker is who we're dealing instead of Jaric, then I'm slightly less inclined, although I think Miller might be the best we could get for Walker. If it's Love (who's only fit is our only non-need position) that we take at #5 over Lopez (who could actually help at a position of need), then not inclined at all.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#28 » by Wingman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:31 pm

As much as I hate Mike Miller playing with his mouth gaurd all the time, I would really consider that deal.
stop-n-pop
Sophomore

Post#29 » by stop-n-pop » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm in Memphis right now and local sports fans like us are saying pretty much the same things about the Grizz as we are about the Wolves: go get Beasley or stay put with the safe pick and (in their case) Love. I heard a few calls say that the Grizz should throw the roster outside of Gay at the Wolves for Beasley if he falls to 3. It's kind of funny to hear fans from a team that's in a similar boat. I'd say about 40% of the folks want to stay put and ride it out with a core of Conley, Gay, and Love.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#30 » by revprodeji » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:41 pm

I have no idea who it would be. I know we are talking. I also know Kevin Love made some memphis/Minnesota comments on PTI yesterday. (He slipped--it was nice)

The thing is 3+ending contract(cap)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lee+cap relief so there would have to be more to this trade then a simple trade down.

Here is a best case scenario.

Walker for Miller as the base. where they get the value because they are trying to dump Miller.
Memphis gives the 5th pick---we give them the 34th pick as well as either the Mia or Bos pick next year. Perhaps we even throw Shad in there if they see the value.

Wow, any chance we get Love+mAyo+Miller this year?
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#31 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Id have a heart attack if we could pull off getting the 5th without giving up the 3rd.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#32 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Must be Tough to see KG win the Chip! HUH?
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#33 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:53 pm

PeeDee wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Must be Tough to see KG win the Chip! HUH?

Why are you coming in here and trolling when we are talking about our draft? Go back to your hole.

The Knicks board? I think the term "hole" is a little to generous
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#34 » by PeeDee » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Must be Tough to see KG win the Chip! HUH?

Why are you coming in here and trolling when we are talking about our draft? Go back to your hole.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#35 » by B Calrissian » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:58 pm

revprodeji wrote:Wow, any chance we get Love+mAyo+Miller this year?

That would be awesome.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#36 » by Wingman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:01 pm

It would be amazing to get Conley+5 for 3.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:05 pm

revprodeji wrote:I have no idea who it would be. I know we are talking. I also know Kevin Love made some memphis/Minnesota comments on PTI yesterday. (He slipped--it was nice)

The thing is 3+ending contract(cap)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lee+cap relief so there would have to be more to this trade then a simple trade down.

Walker for Miller as the base. where they get the value because they are trying to dump Miller.
Memphis gives the 5th pick---we give them the 34th pick as well as either the Mia or Bos pick next year. Perhaps we even throw Shad in there if they see the value.

Dammit McHale *slams fist* Pull this off!!!!!!! If we get the 5 and keep the 3 I would literally pass out of happiness. Though I dont think it will happen, awesome if it does.

Memphis I heard is reluctant to give up Conley for the #2 to draft Beasley. I doubt we get him for the 3.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 694

Post#38 » by karch34 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:10 pm

revprodeji wrote:

That would be a fantastic scenario, but I wonder if Memphis would have a hard time selling fans on a rebuilding team basically using the pick as a salary dump of one of their top 2 players? Shad and an extra 1st plus high 2nd and their marketing of Gasol v2.0 as a lottery pick might be enough. Maybe a swap of Cardinal for Jaric?

On hoopshype it had a Memphis paper article that Miami would send #2 along with a bad contract like Blount or Banks for #5, MIller, and Conley. Memphis doesn't like that idea and was supposedly thinking Miller, Lowry, and #28 for #2 and bad contract.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#39 » by funkatron101 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:11 pm

karch34 wrote:On hoopshype it had a Memphis paper article that Miami would send #2 along with a bad contract like Blount or Banks for #5, MIller, and Conley. Memphis doesn't like that idea and was supposedly thinking Miller, Lowry, and #28 for #2 and bad contract.

That is a HUGE difference
MN Die Hard
Analyst

Post#40 » by MN Die Hard » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:15 pm

revprodeji wrote:Here is a best case scenario.

That's not a best case scenario that's a no way in hell scenario.

First of all they would dump Cardinal not Miller. Second we'd need to add way more value (probably of McCants, Miami pick, Boston pick, #31). Personally I would throw it all out there and take Mayo and Love this tonight and call it a great draft.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves