ImageImageImage

Brian Cardinal

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

niner2716
Sophomore
And1: 0

Brian Cardinal 

Post#1 » by niner2716 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi everyone, you might find this funny but my favourite player in the NBA is Brian Cardinal. I followed him from Purdue to Detroit,Washington,GoldenState,Memphis and now Minnesota.

I know he is just a throw in for this trade to happen, but i still think he can play. If you look at the year he had in golden state and his first year in Memphis he was a very good bench player. Knee injuries have limited him, but he stayed healthy last year and did show some flashes in the games i watched him play.

If his knee has improved i think he can be a serviceable backup forward energy player. He is like a Madsen but with loads more talent. At worst you got an overpaid player who is a great chemisty guy who puts the team first unlike the tumour named Antonine Walker.

I Am looking forward to watching some Timberwolves games this year!
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Brian Cardinal 

Post#2 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Welcome, and stop by any time. I think most Wolves fans think Cardinal will on the outside of a 9 man rotation at the start of the year. Starters -

Miller
Jefferson
Collins
Brewer
Foye

... with McCants, Love, Gomes and Telfair getting the backup minutes. But who knows how the rotation will develop over 82 games... if Cardinal is healthy he does bring some things to the table.
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#3 » by funkatron101 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Him and Madsen are going to be best buds forever....

...on the bench.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:09 pm

What are you talking about. I thought Cardinal was the main cog in the trade!!!!
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#5 » by wolves_fan_82au » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:13 pm

last year he sucked from 3 but the year before he was shooting 40%

if he can hit 40% from 3 this year we may have 4 players shooting 40% from 3 :o
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito
niner2716
Sophomore

Post#6 » by niner2716 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:21 pm

last year he played so sparingly, his stats don't mean anything. He can definintely shoot the ball, and he's a guy that has a knack for steals and loose balls but he has to be healthy.

In his first or second year with Memphis, Gasol went down for a couple of months and Cardinal started. The team won a lot of games and he averaged something like 15 pts, 7 boards, and 2 steals over 20 something games. He takes charges, and he makes Dirk Nowitzki lose his mind everytime he plays against him.

But i'm realistic, i know they could just as easily buy him out. All i'm saying is that the guy has a good attitude and i think if he's healthy he could help this team as a bench player and a veteran leader.
niner2716
Sophomore

Post#7 » by niner2716 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:24 pm

jason collins on the other hand, from watching hiim in new jersey and memphis is a complete stiff.

I am a piston fan and i kinda miss the rebuilding days and watching young players grow up. This minnesota team will definitely be fun to watch.

I really think the trade for love was a good one and think he'll be a very good nba player, maybe better than mayo. Throw in that your getting Mike Miller, and getting a couple of less worse contracts thats a pretty savvy deal.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#8 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:26 pm

I actually had my eye on a Jaric for Cardinal trade for awhile now and I'm glad they included that in this trade. He'll probably only play if injuries strike, but nonetheless I see him as really solid bench player. His defense is very underrated and as mentioned he can really shoot.

my dream is to see a garbage time Madsen/Cardinal front-court some day
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#9 » by funkatron101 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:31 pm

4ho5ive wrote:What are you talking about. I thought Cardinal was the main cog in the trade!!!!

I actually have this scenario in my head where Madsen is jealous of Cardinal. He's the "new guy" His cheers and towel waving are "fresh and different." Mark's no longer getting the high fives he once did. He questions his butt slapping technique, doubts his patented fist pumping. All because of him....Cardinal.

It's only until Madsen finds a common bond with his foe (webbed fingers) that bring the two together. Now united, this dynamic duo brings the freshest dance and cheer routines that the NBA has ever seen!

Coming to a theater near you in April 2009. The Maddog Cardinals.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#10 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 pm

I think Madsen is going to be happy that now he's less of an outsider. More character and more veterans have been added to the team.

I think the team chemistry is going to be off the charts. We can find out definitively how much team chemistry and character means to W's.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter

Post#11 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:my dream is to see a garbage time Madsen/Cardinal front-court some day

Dude, if Neitzel makes the team the Wolves can have the whitest garbage time lineup in league history:

Miller
Cardinal
Love
Madsen
Neitzel

... Mad Dog for 3!!!!!!!
TrentTuckerForever
Starter

Post#12 » by TrentTuckerForever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I think Madsen is going to be happy that now he's less of an outsider. More character and more veterans have been added to the team.

I think the team chemistry is going to be off the charts. We can find out definitively how much team chemistry and character means to W's.

How sad is it that Madsen was an outsider because he pulled for his teammates and didn't care about his role?

I think the Blazers and Lakers last year were terrific examples of how important chemistry is - the Blazers got rid of a talented malcontent in Zach Randolph and were a far better team for it. Kobe put his ego in check (a little bit, anyway) and the addition of Pau Gasol as another "read and react" player in the triangle made the Lakers the team to beat in the West for the next 5 years at least.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#13 » by karch34 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 pm

I remember that season with Golden State pretty much being the reason Memphis gave him the big contract. What I do like about him is that he seems to understand his role and should be the same guy whether he plays 20 minutes or 2 minutes. Plus he shaved a year of the Jaric contract so for that alone he's a great pick up.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves