ImageImageImage

MIN/OKC

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

All Day
Sophomore
And1: 3

MIN/OKC 

Post#1 » by All Day » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:16 am

Feels weird having OKC instead of SEA...

Two separate simultaneous trades:

To MIN: Ridnour /// Sene

To OKC: Cardinal + BOS 09 1st /// $2.8 mil TPE (Blount)

Why for MIN: I know.. I'd rather have Watson if we're targeting an OKC pg, but I don't think MIN would be willing to give up the assets OKC would ask for. Ridnour would serve as primary backup to Foye averaging 15-20 mins a night. He's not exactly coming off of his best season, but I always liked what I saw in previous seasons. He finds a number of ways to score and is an above average distibutor in my eyes. His defense needs work though.. Ridnour for Cardinal gives MIN on court production and takes away the need to sign Telfair, who I feel may be given to much $$$ for his services. This trade also saves room for summer 2010 - Ridnour/Sene expire and no Telfair/BOS draft pick salary.

Why for OKC: Seems lopsided in MIN's favor at first, but... Sene might miss next season coming off of microfracture and he hasn't really shown the flashes of potential he was thought to have. Ridnour is out of place in OKC. The former lottery pick lost his starting job to Watson last season and then OKC added Westbrook with the #4 pick this year. The move from SEA to OKC leaves Ridnour further away from home/family in Washington. OKC clears minutes for their pg of the future, opens a roster spot with the departure of a player who may miss the season, and adds a vet locker room presence as well as a 1st round pick.

Cardinal has 2 years left @ $6.3 mil and $6.75 mil
Ridnour has 2 years left @ $6.5 mil and $6.5 mil, but may have $5 mil in incentives in his contract (per storytellerscontracts)
Sene makes $2.25 mil this year and could have his option for next year declined if MIN has no interest..

Thoughts? I could see OKC asking for Collins in place of Cardinal but I'm not sure I'd do that.
Mcfale313
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Re: MIN/OKC 

Post#2 » by Mcfale313 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 7:03 am

I heard Watson was just injured....so i doubt the OKCs want to risk for dealing their backup pg now, and Westbrook has not played a game yet, in that sense its too early to put all the hope on him without a plan B either.
Plus Cardinal doesnt fit into any part of OKC offense....Sene is too raw to compliment Jefferson as well...
Just my 2 cents.....and initial thought...no offence

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves