ImageImageImage

McHale

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

invno1
Starter
And1: 9

Re: McHale  

Post#21 » by invno1 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:17 am

EBI at the helm of a dingy seems cool. but he might be better suited on a Lobster Trawler. Wonder if he ever found a shot?
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#22 » by the_bruce » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:23 am

Hmm I'm on the fence. McCants for Belinelli might be right up our alley, and lets face it McCants knack for scoring and lack of D isn't such a huge deal in that fast paced scheme.

Unfortunately, mccants for beli doesnt work straight up, but mccants for beli and useless perovic works! McCants is the better player, but I think belinelli would be able to play the 2 and spot minutes at the 1 & 3 if necessary. As shooters they are probably the same, Beli can probably take his man of the dribble better from what Ive seen, but McCants can definately do everything else better. Even his defense may be better....

peroic would just need to be shot like a lame horse. how he got drafted and brought over is beyond me.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#23 » by cpfsf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:42 am

If Sebastian Telfair wants minutes, he should stay in Minnesota. Still, I really hope we can get a good draft pick so we can land Demar DeRozan.

___
Mr. T and Chuck Norris had an arm wrestling match. Mark Madsen won.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,675

Post#24 » by shrink » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:26 am

I haven't followed Bellini much. I know GSW fans liked him last year when we were talking about KG trades, but his 3 PPG on FG 38.7% shooting doesn't impress me.

Is GSW still trying to clear more room under the lux? Our $1.44 mil TPE from Gerald Green could handle Bellini's salary.
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#25 » by the_bruce » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:01 am

shrink wrote:I haven't followed Bellini much. I know GSW fans liked him last year when we were talking about KG trades, but his 3 PPG on FG 38.7% shooting doesn't impress me.

Is GSW still trying to clear more room under the lux? Our $1.44 mil TPE from Gerald Green could handle Bellini's salary.

They fell in love with him when he lit up 1 sl game. After that he fell out of favor especially with nelson, that and the playoff race hampered his minutes. Also Most of his minutes came when GSW had no chance and were getting slaughtered in the 4th.

I doubt GSW would do it for the TE straight up, and he surely isnt worth a 1st, and a 2nd wouldnt make GSW fans happy. Depends what they do...

GS is in an interesting position to make some crazy moves.
i.e.
SJax for collins saves 1m
Beli for TE saves 1.4m
Harrington for Billups or Noci\Hinrich 10m
get Josh Smith for 11m/yr
resign Ellis @ 8m/yr
Get Mags @8m/yr
Get some 5??? They probably have 10m left in cap?
Then maybe flip Collins for Jaric for guard depth

<5>
Smith
Mags
Ellis
Billups

Jaric for guard depth in fast paced offense. Not sure what they'd do for a 5 though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#26 » by Klomp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:14 am

What about Luther Head? Or maybe even Bobby Jackson, who is also an expiring I believe. Would Nate Robinson work? Unlikely but McCants for Stuckey would be AWESOME.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#27 » by big3_8_19_21 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 am

Calinks3 wrote:cpfsf, I'm curious. Do you always have those sleuth smiley's in your post or only when you post quoted information?

it's a reporter, that's a microphone :D

also, this is very misleading:
Asked what he considered the best part of the trade, McHale said: “Rodney Carney. He’s a first-rounder. We liked him out of Memphis. He’s one of those high-wire act guys. He can really run the wing. And we have a great outlet passer now in Kevin Love. “As I told Rodney, ‘There’s a lot of competition here. You can either earn playing time, and earn time on the bench.’ ”

McHale didn't really answer the question if you listen. His actual response to what the best part of the deal was was "Rodney Carney. A first round pick. Calvin Booth. I mean I thought they were all a...it was a deal that uh..." and then jokes about Brand leaving the Western conference. He does seem to jump at the chance of mentioning Rodney Carney, though.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#28 » by deeney0 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:27 am

klomp44 wrote:What about Luther Head? Or maybe even Bobby Jackson, who is also an expiring I believe. Would Nate Robinson work? Unlikely but McCants for Stuckey would be AWESOME.

There were unconfirmed reports that Dumars turned down an offer of #5 for Stuckey from Memphis. Go, offer McCants for Stuckey on the trade board, get yourself heckled.

Head is a guy they've shown interest in before.
Kestrel
Ballboy
And1: 0

It's not done until we have someone to dribble it up. 

Post#29 » by Kestrel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Declaring the roster finished when we've only got one, sorta-kinda point guard on the team -- now that would have been news. As of this time, either Rashad McCants or Kevin Love is our backup point guard, and Love is the better passer. :wink:
Kestrel
Ballboy

Post#30 » by Kestrel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:48 pm

bruceallen61 wrote:
shrink wrote:After that he fell out of favor especially with nelson, that and the playoff race hampered his minutes.

Amazing how consistently this tendency to doghouse players catches up with Nellie. His half-life with a team is so short -- one or two seasons, and then he's got to ship out all the players or go himself in the next couple....
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#31 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Nate Robinson, that'd be great, I'd love to get that guy. If he wants a 1/2/3, then maybe Mardy Collins, though I'm not nearly as interested in him.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,675

Post#32 » by shrink » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Kestrel wrote:
bruceallen61 wrote:
shrink wrote:After that he fell out of favor especially with nelson, that and the playoff race hampered his minutes.

Amazing how consistently this tendency to doghouse players catches up with Nellie. His half-life with a team is so short -- one or two seasons, and then he's got to ship out all the players or go himself in the next couple....

Nellie always shocks me too, particularly since the success the Warriors had last year was a direct response to the team getting two guys cheap (Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson) that were in two of the biggest doghouses in the NBA. Whatever he did to keep them on the straight and narrow, to me, is astounding. I would have simply considered those guys radioactive and never allowed them anywhere near my team.

I wonder with Baron gone, he'd dare to take on Tinsley plus incentive? Would even he risk reuniting Tinsley and SJax?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#33 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:03 pm

just read LAC officially renounced Livingston's rights. Smush Parker too.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#34 » by horaceworthy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:55 pm

I'd roll the dice on Livingston, just to see the Wolves put the skeletal backcourt of him and Brewer out there at the same time.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#35 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:05 pm

then we can sign Loren Woods too. And that guy who owns the snakes, whats his name
EddyCool
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#36 » by EddyCool » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:then we can sign Loren Woods too. And that guy who owns the snakes, whats his name

Doesn't Mikki Moore hate our organization with a deep, irrational passion? For whatever reason I recall him dropping like 10 on us when he was a Clipper, and flexing and screaming after every uncontested dunk.

I think he did it again with the Nets, too.

Mikki Moore is confusing.
Nikola Pekovic wrote:I'd like to go back to the time they used swords. I think I'd be good with a sword.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#37 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Didnt he have like a 15-15 shooting game against us a few years ago as a Net. Yea, I was pretty shocked about that.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 694

Post#38 » by karch34 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:17 pm

I think Mikki Moore was on our summer league team years ago. Which would probably explain that.

The Livington-Brewer backcourt, brought to you by Minnesota's newest sponsor, SlimFast. I would consider Livingston though. He does have some incredible skills, but health is a big issue.
Howler21
Senior

Post#39 » by Howler21 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:42 pm

I think if we were to sign Livingston I would spend every minute he was in cringing the entire time. lol
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#40 » by kandiking » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:02 pm

4ho5ive wrote:Didnt he have like a 15-15 shooting game against us a few years ago as a Net. Yea, I was pretty shocked about that.

http://www.nba.com/games/20061230/MINNJN/recap.html
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves