ImageImageImage

I won't be Shocked if Gomes is Traded

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Re: I won't be Shocked if Gomes is Traded 

Post#41 » by casey » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:26 pm

karch34 wrote:However, Gomes was a Gomes type player since he's be in the league. Hudson was for a playoff series and he got overpaid afterwards. Hassell was when he was the 6th or 7th best player on the team and 4th or 5th option on the court and he got overpaid afterwards. I think there's a lot more track record to suggest Gomes will continue to be a solid player.

Hassell wasn't overpaid.

And Gomes will continue to be a solid player. He's certainly replaceable though. There's really no reason to sign any of our fa's to longer than a 2 year deal. None of them will be good enough to throw away free agency in 2010.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#42 » by deeney0 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:30 am

I wouldn't mind keeping Bassy and/or Gomes around longer for say $3 million/year on longer deals. That's low enough that it may not get in the way of 2010, and if it does, that's low enough that there should be no problem finding takers if they need to be traded.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#43 » by revprodeji » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:07 am

^^which is probably the main reason a deal has not been decided. We gave him the QA and now it is up to his agent to go out and get another team to commit to more than that in order to bump our offer up.

I think a 3 man group of Love/Jefferson/Gomes with Richard getting the scraps could be a decent 4/5. Not much for shot blocking (unless that REALLY translates for Love) but very good rebounding, scoring, strength and bbIQ.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves