ImageImageImage

New Wolves Unis

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Re: New Wolves Unis 

Post#41 » by southern wolf » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:11 am

i agree, we should of gotten rid of the dull blue and gone for white, black and then eventually green look. Mchale would love the green. lol

Still impressed with the new designs though.
Hawaii
Pro Prospect
And1: 21

Post#42 » by Hawaii » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:03 am

I like the new uniforms, def better than the ones they've been working with.
Frozen316
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Frozen316 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:48 am

Home: "· Wordmark "Minnesota" now appears on the back of the shorts"

Away: "· Wordmark "Wolves" now appears on the back of the shorts"

I like all the jerseys (retro/old/new/green/black/blue/white) :E
EddyCool
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#44 » by EddyCool » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:54 pm

The jersey pictured here is a replica. The authentic one has the tree-line pattern incorporated into the neck trim.

Ashwinz. wrote:Image

Seems like they changed the neck trim for the better... but its not as "unique". I like it much better!

I truly hope that we have Black Alternate Road jerseys as they look the cleanest from what I have reviewed. One of the better versions of our New Timberwolves Uniforms!

Aroooooooo

Also, some potentially bad news for everyone like me that wants to see the black road alternate. This is in an updated article about the new uniforms from timberwolves.com
The Timberwolves road uniforms remain slate blue. The "Timberwolves" wordmark on the front has been replaced with "Minnesota" as the Wolves become the 14th NBA team to have its road uniforms display its city or state of origin. The change to the "Minnesota" wordmark embodies the franchise's pride in its home state. The identity pattern remains the same as the home uniform as does the Wolf head logo on the back of the neck. The back of the road shorts contain the wordmark "Wolves." The team's previous black alternate road uniforms have been retired.
Nikola Pekovic wrote:I'd like to go back to the time they used swords. I think I'd be good with a sword.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#45 » by Basti » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:54 pm

AQuintus wrote:I made a tiny change in the black jersey to maintain the skyline over the trees and to keep the 4 color scheme. Whether or not it's intentional in the original design, it also provided a capital "M" over the trees in the shorts.

I'm not entirely sure if I like Funkatron's black jersey or this one better.

as I read it on timberwolves.com the M on the shorts and the W underneath the armpits are intentional ;)

@ Ashwinz: I guess you're looking at the wrong jerseys. these one you posted are probably replica jerseys, not the one they'll be wearing on court.
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#46 » by mandurugo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Black alternate uniforms is played out, if they get alternates next year hopefully they'll go green. Green shows some original style.
Vega06
Analyst

Post#47 » by Vega06 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:41 pm

People on the general board were saying Big Al looks a bit out of shape..anyone else notice that too?
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#48 » by TMo519 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:27 pm

Vega06 wrote:People on the general board were saying Big Al looks a bit out of shape..anyone else notice that too?

Couldn't tell you from that pic, but he best be in shape come October lol.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Post#49 » by Calinks » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Al's not ripped but I don't think he's out of shape. He just isn't a Dwight Howard or KG as far as body tone goes. This is how Al looked in season form last year.

Anyway,
That Replica looks cool, I think I like it better than the real ones.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#50 » by Basti » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 pm

I really hope the jersey was just one or two numbers too small. Big Al kinda looks chubby in it.
shock103
Ballboy

Post#51 » by shock103 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:30 am

yay how fat is kevin love the unis look so gross on him. HAHA next time you trade a potenial superstar make sure you get someone who can actually walk up and down the floor with out sucking wind. McHale is a guru
both teams played hard my man, both teams played hard
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#52 » by C.lupus » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks for sharing that valuable insight. Now go back to Troll Hollow.
Frozen316
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by Frozen316 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:13 pm

shock103 wrote:McHale is a guru

Anyone remember that Charles Barkley guy? The shortest guy to lead the league in rebounding.
"Despite his play, Barkley garnered no attention from college scouts until the state high school semifinals, where he scored 26 points against Alabama's most highly recruited player, Bobby Lee Hurt.[4] An assistant to Auburn University's head coach, Sonny Smith, was at the game and reported seeing "a fat guy... who can play like the wind." "

" His physical size and skills ultimately earned him the nickname "The Round Mound of Rebound." "
"Frequently listed as 6 feet 6 inches, but measuring slightly under 6 feet 5 inches"

"He became a popular crowd-pleaser, exciting the fans with dunks and blocked shots that belied his lack of height and overweight frame."
Shox214
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Shox214 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 pm

I think they are pretty cool, an upgrade over our last jerseys. I like the road ones better then the white though. Now they need an alternate throwback jersey
"Adam is so baked right now" - Jimmy Kimmel on Adam Morrison
Left Ventricle
Freshman

Post#55 » by Left Ventricle » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#56 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm

shock103 wrote:yay how fat is kevin love the unis look so gross on him. HAHA next time you trade a potenial superstar make sure you get someone who can actually walk up and down the floor with out sucking wind. McHale is a guru

lol, nobody likes you Smeagol

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves