ImageImageImage

cavs/wolves trade

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

LBusiness
Sophomore
And1: 0

cavs/wolves trade 

Post#1 » by LBusiness » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:47 pm

You already know who we want, just let the guy go win a championship, Wally can shoot the ball on the kick out and sell tickets with AL and K Love.

No offense but the wolves won't be in the playoffs until 2020,we'll take Cards back too

Sasha is only partially guaranteed for next year.

Cavs give Wolves 2009 1rst

Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Cash

*Cash compensation received from Cleveland
Incoming Players
Photo: Wally Szczerbiak
Wally Szczerbiak
Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1
Photo: Sasha Pavlovic
Sasha Pavlovic
Salary: $4,500,000 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal
Cleveland Cavaliers

Incoming Players
Photo: Mike Miller
Mike Miller
Salary: $9,028,575 Years Remaining: 2
Photo: Brian Cardinal
Brian Cardinal
Salary: $6,300,000 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Wally Szczerbiak, Sasha Pavlovic
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Re: cavs/wolves trade 

Post#2 » by prefuse73 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Miller is staying...and he wants to stay.

I am actually willing to bet that the t-wolves will win a championship before the cavs....with all their championship history.....sarcasm. Lebron is leaving 2010 for nothing and the cavs will be rebuilding with no center piece. Mo williams is this years Mike James (good on a poor team) and you have two geezers in the post. If we do trade Mike, we would trade him to someone who could actually contend.

ohhh can't wait to throw this one out...we got this all the time when kg was here............................stop wasting Lebron's good years, your gm has failed to surround him a legit second star and everyone on the roster are mediocre starters at best. yeah....that felt good.

get out of here.

in other words...I think this trade is no good.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:56 am

prefuse73 wrote:ohhh can't wait to throw this one out...we got this all the time when kg was here............................stop wasting Lebron's good years, your gm has failed to surround him a legit second star and everyone on the roster are mediocre starters at best. yeah....that felt good.

get out of here

that part made me LOL :rofl:
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#4 » by deeney0 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:07 am

If the Wolves wanted to trade Miller, they could find dozens of offers that beat this.

But they don't.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#5 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:49 am

You know who we want. Telfair and McCants can sell tickets as your back-court of the future with their flashy/offensive play. Just give us Bron so he can finally win a championship. He would make a great 2nd fiddle for Big Al.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,645

Post#6 » by shrink » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:36 am

I would prefer to keep Mike Miller, but I don't think this trade is horribly unfair. If we assume that Brad Miller is worth nothing on the court, then CLE is willing to pay Mike Miller $16.4 next season (-Pav's money) to add Miller to make two runs at a ring. I like Miller, but its hard for me to justify him being worth $16.4 (-pav) mil next season. However, because of his position flexibility (helpful depending on which MIN youth develop), his vet presence but still young, and mostly his attitude and desire to be here, I'd turn this down, even with CLE's very late 1st rounder and the $3 mil. The offer is not unfair though.

How could the deal be altered to get me interested? Well, I have no interest in Pavlovic at all. We don't need Wally -- with our youth movement, his real value is only as an expiring. CLE's late 1st next year isn't worth that much, particularly since we could have four 1st rounders already. What would get me interested would be if the Cavs offered the young and unready JJ Hickson to the two teams who drafted in front of them, and see if they have buyer's remorse, and would swap to send us Hibbert or Javale McGee, for a legit center prospect. That's what we need, not swingmen.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#7 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:51 am

How exactly did Brad Miller get involved in all of this?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM

Post#8 » by shrink » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:59 am

klomp44 wrote:How exactly did Brad Miller get involved in all of this?

oh no .. no no no... a new shrink aneurysm.

Brian Cardinal, Brian Cardinal, Brian Cardinal.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Basti » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Shrink does it again :D

can't wait for him to call Cookie Joe Smith or Corey Brewer Ronnie Brewer :D
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#10 » by john2jer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 pm

This trade is pretty terrible. I counter with...

Boston's 1st for LeBron
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Basti » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:52 pm

john2jer wrote:This trade is pretty terrible. I counter with...

Boston's 1st for LeBron

I'd say we're overpaying. give them the MIA 2nd rounder we got this draft
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#12 » by C.lupus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:59 pm

I'd do Booth, Cardinal, Madsen, and Carney for Wally's expiring.
shrink
RealGM

Post#13 » by shrink » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:28 pm

the_incredible_basti wrote:Shrink does it again :D

Nice call bastion .. I already called Ronnie Brewer "Corey Brewer" on the trade board a couple months back.

C.lupus wrote:I'd do Booth, Cardinal, Madsen, and Carney for Wally's expiring.

I'd do that too. However, it runs in the wrong direction for CLE. They want more production, even if it costs them a little money. Wally is more productive than what they are getting, and Carney is probably too young to help them. I think basing a deal around Snow makes sense for them, if the NBA Front Office isn't going to comp CLE specifically for Snow's retirement papers, with an injury exception or outright cap relief, or if the insurance didn't transfer. Besides Al Jefferson and Mike Miller, MIN doesn't really have any players that would contribute a lot but are paid a lot. McCants would add value to a trade for them, but not as the basis for a trade.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Basti » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:02 pm

shrink wrote:
the_incredible_basti wrote:Shrink does it again :D

Nice call bastion .. I already called Ronnie Brewer "Corey Brewer" on the trade board a couple months back.

I don't know if that was your intention but I love the irony of it :D
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#15 » by Tekkenlaw » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:34 pm

I still have the view that any deal sending Miller to the cavs better include their 2011 and 2013 unprotected 1st rounders coming our way.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#16 » by john2jer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:22 pm

I love how the original poster thinks that the Cavs have a chance of winning an NBA championship anytime soon.

Boston has Pierce, Garnett, and Allen signed through 2010, the year LeBron bolts for New York, New Jersey, Italy, or Mars, leaving Cleveland with nothing but lottery potential. Boston will be the Eastern Conference representative at least until then. If not, Detroit was 14 games better last year and they didn't change any. Orlando was 7 games better and they didn't change any.

On a side note. What if LeBron goes to Boston when his deal is up? Ray Allen's contract would have just came off the books. According to Shamsports, Boston only has 46mil committed to the 2010-11 season. If the cap rises on average $2.5mil each year like it has been, that puts it at around $63mil. $17mil should be enough to sign LeBron, right? They'd have like 9 guys under contract counting draft picks, but I'm sure there would be countless veterans willing to take the minimum to get a guaranteed ring with Pierce, LeBron, and Garnett. Garnett and Pierce would be able to relax all season and save themselves for the play-offs while LeBron works during the season.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Basti » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:03 pm

john2jer wrote:I love how the original poster thinks that the Cavs have a chance of winning an NBA championship anytime soon.

Boston has Pierce, Garnett, and Allen signed through 2010, the year LeBron bolts for New York, New Jersey, Italy, or Mars, leaving Cleveland with nothing but lottery potential. Boston will be the Eastern Conference representative at least until then. If not, Detroit was 14 games better last year and they didn't change any. Orlando was 7 games better and they didn't change any.

On a side note. What if LeBron goes to Boston when his deal is up? Ray Allen's contract would have just came off the books. According to Shamsports, Boston only has 46mil committed to the 2010-11 season. If the cap rises on average $2.5mil each year like it has been, that puts it at around $63mil. $17mil should be enough to sign LeBron, right? They'd have like 9 guys under contract counting draft picks, but I'm sure there would be countless veterans willing to take the minimum to get a guaranteed ring with Pierce, LeBron, and Garnett. Garnett and Pierce would be able to relax all season and save themselves for the play-offs while LeBron works during the season.

that scenario would be sick... plus it is very likely that Rondo is a top5 pg until then
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#18 » by wolves_fan_82au » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 am

what would be better is if Lebron came to minnesota in 2010 than we made a trade to get kg :wink:

Jefferson
KG
Lebron
Miller
Foye

of cause it wont happen :(

as for the trade i would love to have wally back but not at the price of Miller
teams supporting
NBA-Minnesota t-wolves
NHL-Toronto Mapleleafs
NFL-Miami Dolphins
MLB-???
Others:Wests Tigers,Leeds United,Schalke,VVV,Sydney Kings,Tatsuma Ito
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#19 » by Worm Guts » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:55 pm

the_incredible_basti wrote:
john2jer wrote:I love how the original poster thinks that the Cavs have a chance of winning an NBA championship anytime soon.

that scenario would be sick... plus it is very likely that Rondo is a top5 pg until then

It's not likely that Rondo is ever a top 5 point guard.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Basti » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
the_incredible_basti wrote:

It's not likely that Rondo is ever a top 5 point guard.

I could see him very well being among the top5. heck even if he is "only" a top10 it is scary enough. but I have to admit that I didn't mean to say very likely. I actually meant only likely.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves