Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,941

McCants Interview 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:56 pm

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/fi ... 80924.html

My favorite part:

MT: Do you have a different mind set heading into this season compared with last season?
McCants: For me, minutes, playing time and where I'm going to play aren't my focus. My focus is coming in here and making my team better every day. I think everything else speaks for itself. I think we have a great core of guys that can contribute to a stride towards the division title, but for the most part it's a statement year so my teammates know I can be a leader.

MT: Al Jefferson had similar things to say...
McCants: Definitely. Al and I spent a lot of time together (this offseason) and have a common goal. Last year we had some chemistry problems with our whole team being young, guys trying to find out where they were going to go and things like that. But this year we have already experienced that, and we had lots of bright spots last year where we beat a lot of good teams and played a lot of good teams close. We bring in new additions like Kevin Love and Mike Miller, and you have to watch out for us.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: McCants Interview 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:58 pm

thats what they all say
TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#3 » by TMo519 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Yeah, but unless I'm mistaken he didn't say that last year. I'll personally believe it when I see it as well though. If he really embraces that 6th man role, that could be big I think. Unless he wins the starting job, which I wouldn't be opposed to either.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:56 pm

McCants gonna straight up ball this year. He's gonna posterize some fools. 25/8/8 a game, man's gonna be an all-star, league MVP, DPOY, and destroya of worlds. WE'RE GOING FOR THE CHIP BABY!

Er, I mean...

Let's hope he accepts his 6th man role and then the Wolves will have a great foundation. Improved defense, patience, and ball movement should be his goals this year.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,332

Post#5 » by Calinks » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:02 pm

21-5 along with 3 steals a game. That's what Shad is brinign to the table this year. BOOK IT!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#6 » by Basti » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:07 am

action speaks louder than words

I wish he would play again like he did at the end of his rookie season. being aggressive, playing good D and listening to the coaches. sometimes I wish Dwayne Casey would be his private coach :D
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,332

Post#7 » by Calinks » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:17 am

I wonder what Casey would do with Brew?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves