Wolves at Chicago on CSNC DTV channel 665

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Re: Wolves at Chicago on CSNC DTV channel 665 

Post#21 » by TMo519 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:27 pm

I caught the 4th quarter when I got home, quick thoughts:

Thrilled to see Corey Brewer gettin his game back, cause dude has the skills, it's all about between his ears now.
Al Jefferson really impressed me late in the game with a couple of NICE assists to cutting men. That probably was something that excited me more than any other aspect of this game. That type of offense would be so valuable with so many guys who can score on this team.
McCants, while he was only 4-15, was big in the 4th, providing some key buckets as well as once again being aggressive and driving the ball to the hoop. Loving it.
Love is solid once again. He feels like a guy who won't thrill us too much this season, but he won't disappoint us either.
Loved the Telfair reverse layup, looked like he had some nice touch on that one.

I'm excited about the season.
TrentTuckerForever
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Wolves at Chicago on CSNC DTV channel 665 

Post#22 » by TrentTuckerForever » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 pm

LordBaldric wrote:Well, I'm from Minnesota but live in Chicago now so I follow both teams. Just got done watching them on TV. Wow. I'm impressed by the Wolves. First, Jefferson of course is a force in the middle, simply beautiful to watch. The shocker though was Brewer. Did McHale bombard him with Gamma rays this summer? From the games I watched last year he was hardly D-League worthy. Now he's harassing Deng all game and making things happen on D, and making offensive plays to boot, including making long jumpers with confidence? Wow.

Plus McCants showing his strong scoring ability. Someone on the Bull's game thread said, "When did McCants morph into Bonzi Wells?". Gomes just an all around solid player. Smith like a hammer striking the anvil. Love looked solid, getting it done down among the tall trees with boards and put backs.

A lot of things to be optimistic about as Wolves fans. I just might have to get the League Pass and follow the Wolves once again like I used to for so many years...

Same situation for me - grew up in MN and moved to Chicago a year + ago. Brewer was amazing in this game... he truly frustrated Deng and took (and made!) shots when he was open.

Still frustrated with Wittman. Why are they playing Foye off the ball? He's got to be this team's point guard, full-time.
Klomp wrote:Didn't Brad Miller back up Vlade Divac in SAC too?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves