ImageImageImage

Trading Miller An Option?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

x-
Analyst
And1: 133

Trading Miller An Option? 

Post#1 » by x- » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Would it be an option for you guys to trade Mike Miller, so McCants could start, get more playing time and develop the rest of the young core that you already have.

I just thought about that, since Miller absolutley fits with your team, however it's pretty uncertain if he'll resign in 2 years, instead he might go to a title contender (not sure if the wolves will already be there in 2010) and i'm not quite sure how McCants will like coming off the bench pretty much as long as Miller will be there.

So would you trade Miller for let's say a solid backup for McCants, an expiring contract and maybe a first round pick?

something like:

Mike Miller for Courtney Lee, Keith Bogans, Brian Cook, (maybe 2nd rounder)
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

i really like Courtney Lee, not quite sure if Orlando would do that, but i think it's a pretty balanced trade.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Re: Trading Miller An Option? 

Post#2 » by dunkonu21 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:53 pm

I'd do Miller for Turkoglu
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#3 » by casey » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:26 pm

dunkonu21 wrote:I'd do Miller for Turkoglu

I wouldn't. I don't see much of a reason to trade Miller.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#4 » by Krapinsky » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:35 pm

I think most would rather trade McCants. The wolves need some on the court veteran leadership if they're ever going to grow as a team. Miller provides that and he's also a local product (N. Dakota), which makes him more likely to resign.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#5 » by Tekkenlaw » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:39 am

We're probably not going to get anything besides low 1st rounders and expiring contracts for Mike Miller, not any young prospects better than what we already have. Wolves should hold onto him as long as he is willing to sign a reasonable contract when he is a free agent. Plus he will always be a good shooter, even when he is 35+ years old and coming off the bench.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,946

Post#6 » by Klomp » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:19 am

Hey tekkenlaw, is your username in honor of this guy?

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TheYounGunz
Junior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by TheYounGunz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:45 am

Oh god i am sick of the Mike Miller trade proposals.

HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mcfale313
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#8 » by Mcfale313 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:04 am

klomp44 wrote:Hey tekkenlaw, is your username in honor of this guy?

I like Steve and Paul better than Law in Tekken~~~cant wait for the new Tekken to come out by the end of this year~~~

o sorry back on topic, trading miller is not an option for the wolves atm, Miller would help the wolves to win a lot more games than last year, and give our young guys confidence, expereince, and verteran leadership, he also creates more space for Jefferson inside and when 3 of the opposite team's defenders are on him and Jefferson, either McCant or Foye could start to drain the tri-factor
He just means a lot to this team right now, a very good fit, no way the wolves thinking about trading miller unless its Miller + Cardinal + pick for Lebron type of deal
Tekkenlaw
Starter
And1: 39

Post#9 » by Tekkenlaw » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:33 pm

klomp44 wrote:Hey tekkenlaw, is your username in honor of this guy?

Yea, I like him because he is based on Bruce Lee.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#10 » by Basti » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:15 pm

TheYounGunz wrote:Oh god i am sick of the Mike Miller trade proposals.

HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,639

Post#11 » by shrink » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:42 pm

A few of us would consider trading Mike Miller, but it would require turning Brian Cardinal into an expiring, and a little extra compensation. CLE and LAL fans have a good handle on the value -- its not something ORL may be willing to pay. Here's a discussion from the trade board a couple weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=840479&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I don't know if ORL would be willing to trade some other asset to get enough expirings, but a 3-team deal seems like the only way to match the other offers.

One last bit. Mike Miller grew up in South Dakota, and coming to Minneapolis was a boyhood treat for him. He loved the Vikings, Twins and Timberwolves, and he was thrilled to join the team (which is not always the response we get). I'm not concerned about signing him in 2010, whether we keep him or trade him. You're right -- he's a great fit here. He has skill, vet leadership, and flexibility to play different roles on the team, depending on which of our young players flourish and which do not.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#12 » by Worm Guts » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:45 pm

Trading anyone should be an option for the right price, but it would have to be a legitimately good deal. Not cap space and not young unproven players.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#13 » by C.lupus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Agree with Worm Guts.

As McHale would say, we should do a trade if it makes the team better. Trading Miller for some cap space, another pick, and a backup to McCants (who hasn't even earned a starting spot yet) does not make the team better.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves