ImageImageImage

Timberwolves have a bright future

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Timberwolves have a bright future 

Post#1 » by realfung » Mon Nov 3, 2008 7:59 am

I am a Warriors fan, I have been watching T-wolves after KG trade. At first, I didn't really understand, but I guess being a fan and GM has to be patient. Now I see what McHale has been doing.

Al Jefferson - Double/double machine and a All-Star caliber player as a franchise player
Kevin Love - Very solid David Lee with a better passing ability, a star but with his UCLA background, he might be a All-Star very soon when T-Duncan retires.

Then you guys have multiple Swingmen and PGs to run witht he team, not to mention Mike Miller trade was clever.
I see you guys getting back to Playoffs next year and become a contender when you guys use one of your swingman to trade for some good pieces.

SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Timberwolves have a bright future 

Post#2 » by SonicYouth34 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 8:30 am

I agree, Big Al is a beast and I was sad to see him leave Boston.
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Mon Nov 3, 2008 5:44 pm

too bad our current coach won't bring us that far
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#4 » by realfung » Tue Nov 4, 2008 4:18 am

the_incredible_basti wrote:too bad our current coach won't bring us that far

Sometimes the players will make a good coach too.
I like the Wolves...
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#5 » by Basti » Tue Nov 4, 2008 11:47 pm

realfung wrote:
the_incredible_basti wrote:too bad our current coach won't bring us that far

Sometimes the players will make a good coach too.
I like the Wolves...

I'd love to agree with you but Witt is so imcompetent offensively, it's not even funny...
TwolvesGeek
Senior

Post#6 » by TwolvesGeek » Fri Nov 7, 2008 5:47 pm

Qualification: I do not like Wittman as coach.
Statement: Randy Foye makes him look more incompetent than he is. I was watching the Spurs game, and saw a number of open players that he just missed. In one segment, Foye brings the ball up the left hand side of the court, Miller is waving his arms on the right hand side, as the Spurs forgot about him. Foye never turned his head to look. He does not know where anyone on the floor is at, or where they are supposed to be. Wittman needs to start Bassy and bring Foye off the bench.
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
Joe Martin
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#7 » by Dewey » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:44 pm

I agree that, offensively, Foye is not getting it done. That has a huge impact on the entire offense. Our defense at Center continues to be a legitimate concern as well, and I can't say wether Collins will help or not until he gets some run. Fis these two problems and we're likely to start play good basketball on a consistant basis.

Wittman is doing alright, but he just expresses himself as being too negative at times. Great to have Telfair back and I hope he plays well to earn a srting spot. Foye has to stop over-thinking everything and start playing basketball. He had more game as a rookie and it's almost like he's being over-coached.

Foye's defense is only slightly better than McCants, overall, and his game is not PG.
Telfair, compared to Foye, plays with more purpose at the PG position - needs a quicker 1st step.
Love is doing better than I expected - looks promising. Has a little chip on his shoulder - that's good.
Brewer is starting to develop. Next year he could be real good.
McCants is still too foolish, defensively, but getting smoother, offensively.
Gomes isn't doing it for me right now, and like last year, needs to step up the intensity.
Carney lacks offense and not as good of defense as Brewer. Athleticism is doing him no good.
Jefferson must become a better defender and better passer to become an all-star.

Get a quality defensive Center and give Telfair some run at PG. Let Foye play SG, and if he responds, trade McCants rather string him out for nothing.
benshizzle
Junior

Post#8 » by benshizzle » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:17 pm

Wolves do have a bright future but I believe they lack experience. It seems like they are out of control and play the game at whatever tempo is being dictated. Thats why they have close games but trouble finishing off opponents. I am sure its a combination of more than this. ALso everyone is trying to do too much. They need better flow and I can see them sneaking into the playoffs in a few years. Probably need a couple trades but they have decent talent now.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves