Randy Foye

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Bringbackoakley
Rookie
And1: 8

Randy Foye 

Post#1 » by Bringbackoakley » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Hey everyone,
I know there is a Foye post just below this one, but this is a little different.
I don't get to see too many Twolves games where I live so its hard for me to track some of my fantasy guys in real time.
Foye has been struggling pretty badly and lost his starting spot, do you guys seem him getting that back? His FG% has just been terrible too, but his career percentages are not all that bad, really torn here because I am thinking of dropping him but he keeps showing flashes of brilliance (atleast fantasy wise).
Telfair's stats have been pretty bad as well, I am not sure why he is starting but you guys would know more than me. Is it possible to start both Foye and Telfair and slide Miller to the SF spot?
I have read a lot of stuff that says Foye should be the second leading scorer on this team, anyone see that happening?

Thanks for the input.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Randy Foye 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:40 pm

I dunno, I'd never have given his starting spot away, and seems like he's about ready to get it back after the Denver game. I think Wittman just didn't want to single out Gomes when adjusting the starting lineup, so he added Foye.

This is a good chance for a "what should the rotation be" update:

C Jefferson
PF Love
SF Miller
SG McCants
PG Foye
6 Gomes
7 Brewer
8 Collins
9 Smith
10 Telfair

I know McCants keeps bricking, but just order him not to shoot a 3 unless there's no defender within 5 yards, otherwise tell him he'll immediately be benched for the rest of the game. But we can't just not play him, he's the only player that can get to the rim on the whole team and make a layup.

It'd be like looking for a race car driver for your race team and there's one guy who crashes more than everybody, but he's also the only guy who knows how to drive a stick. You have to take him, even with his horrible flaws, because his positives are absolutely mandatory for any kind of success.

Seriously, order him not to shoot a 3 unless there's 3 seconds or less left on the clock.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Post#3 » by Calinks » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Well a lot of people think Foye isn't capable of running the offense. That's why Telfair is starting.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Telfair had his shot, we've been terrible still, now it's back to Foye because Foye is heating up.

We went through this last year with Telfair, 1 good game followed by 3 bad ones. Nothing's changed. I think Foye is more capable of consistent success, I'm gonna chalk this down to a cold start.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#5 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:22 am

I know McCants keeps bricking, but just order him not to shoot a 3 unless there's no defender within 5 yards, otherwise tell him he'll immediately be benched for the rest of the game. But we can't just not play him, he's the only player that can get to the rim on the whole team and make a layup.

It'd be like looking for a race car driver for your race team and there's one guy who crashes more than everybody, but he's also the only guy who knows how to drive a stick. You have to take him, even with his horrible flaws, because his positives are absolutely mandatory for any kind of success.

Seriously, order him not to shoot a 3 unless there's 3 seconds or less left on the clock.

Bravo...I love the race car driver comparison to McCants...spot on. And I agree 100%....he can be a moron at times...but sometimes talent trumps the mind.
hijacktheparade
Starter
And1: 4

Post#6 » by hijacktheparade » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:46 am

What an analogy :lol:
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#7 » by revprodeji » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:34 pm

I do not know where the Foye insults are coming from. I think besides a couple mental errors he did very good. Fed people well and got into the paint well. He is still on a learning curve, but I see improvements.

He will always start above Bassy if he is playing decent because his jumper allows the spacing off al that Bassy does not. Bassy can push tempo on the second unit, but it is not productive to play him with Al.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves