MN/Cha

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

MN/Cha 

Post#1 » by skorff26 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:17 am

What about a variation of

Craig Smith, Bos 1st, Rashad McCants, Jason Collins for Ryan Hollins, Gerald Wallace

-this way charlotte gets a PF as well in smith; and we pick up the same players in the proposed trade and get a true center as well in hollins(also we would have an additional roster space and could bring in richard or harrison as well)
Mcfale313
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Re: MN/Cha 

Post#2 » by Mcfale313 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 4:23 am

replace Hollins with Ajinca or Mohammed then the deal would be fair for the T wolves in the case of Smith is involved, SMith's value skyrocketed in the recent games u know
Yoshi2kx
Senior
And1: 5

Post#3 » by Yoshi2kx » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:59 am

Mcfale313 wrote:replace Hollins with Ajinca or Mohammed then the deal would be fair for the T wolves in the case of Smith is involved, SMith's value skyrocketed in the recent games u know

So because some guy has a couple good games that automatically constitutes him to be worth an extra first round draft pick? Wallace is easily the best player in the trade, and he hasn't just had a "couple good games" plus, what does Craig Smith bring to the table that the Bobcats don't already have? he's just another under-sized PF which is NOT what they need.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:17 am

Craig Smith is everything Sean May wishes he could be.

That said, i agree adding Smith into the deal doesnt warrant putting Ajinca in it. I would think Char would be somewhat happy we take Nazr's contract off their cap, but thats something i wouldnt do for the Wolves

I think Smith + McCants + Collins + Bos 1st for Crash is (just my opinion) about fair value. That deal cant go down until the 15th however. I could see subbing Brewer in for Smith would work, I as a Wolves fan am against it, but i would like Felton in the deal in that case. Seems he is fallen out of favor there.

All in all, seems like the fans cant come to a compromise, thats always how it is on these boards though.
TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#5 » by TheFranchise21 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:22 am

Damn yoshi, I was about to flick my computer screen.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,350

Post#6 » by Calinks » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:46 am

Yea Yoshi, geez man. I thought those cursid bugs were back in my room.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#7 » by GopherIt! » Mon Dec 1, 2008 8:27 am

^
Lame. I did try to squish it. I've had little fruit flies infiltrating my room lately and they like to land on my screen and crawl around. When I went in for the kill I was like WTF???
Yoshi2kx
Senior
And1: 5

Post#8 » by Yoshi2kx » Mon Dec 1, 2008 11:04 am

I know it's the best sig ever :p
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#9 » by shrink » Mon Dec 1, 2008 2:00 pm

4ho5ive wrote:Craig Smith is everything Sean May wishes he could be.

That said, i agree adding Smith into the deal doesnt warrant putting Ajinca in it. I would think Char would be somewhat happy we take Nazr's contract off their cap, but thats something i wouldnt do for the Wolves

I think Smith + McCants + Collins + Bos 1st for Crash is (just my opinion) about fair value. That deal cant go down until the 15th however. I could see subbing Brewer in for Smith would work, I as a Wolves fan am against it, but i would like Felton in the deal in that case. Seems he is fallen out of favor there.

All in all, seems like the fans cant come to a compromise, thats always how it is on these boards though.

I agree with all this. I also don't think Craig Smith is worth Ajinca, but he's betterthan you think yoshi. He was considered a Top Ten rookie after his first year in the league, because he can use his quickness and size to score against anyone. However, his use is limited here because he can only play PF, so at 6' 7-8", he needs a decent defender in back of him. That worked fine when we had him pair with KG, but right now, we have no one to fit that bill. CHA has both Okafor and Nazr, so I think you'd find him a useful scorer.

I have to say that I don't really understand this deal. Wallace is paid a fair salary ($9.5 mil) for a highly productive player who you can't rely on because of injuries, and the extreme length of his contract reduces his value. However, it seems to me he'd still be more valuable in CHA, unless Larry Brown has tired of him. CHA's finances aren't pretty, with $45 mil locked in through 2011, but they are safely under the salary cap, so I don't see the financial benefit either way. Acquiring McCants gives them the chance to make qualifying offers to McCants, Felton, and May this year, and perhaps Collins is included to give them more room financially? However, I don't think the prices will be ecessive for any of them. McCants doesn't seem like much of a fit on the floor with Jason Richardson and Matt Carroll on longterm deals. I could understand CHA wanting to get picks though, but their line-up would take a pretty major rebuild, with so many players on hard-to-move deals of 3-years or more (which devalues Wallace from lack of buyers).
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#10 » by revprodeji » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:25 pm

keep trades simple, not had. No need to include Craigers.

Shad+Collins(exp)+uta1st+another first

For

Wallace

keep the trade simple. We have potentially 4 first rd picks this year. (we cant trade the LAC pick) so overpay for an exciting young player on a nice contract. Give up the Mia+bos+Uta for all I care. Just make it work.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves