ImageImageImage

We need to be optimistic

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

We need to be optimistic 

Post#1 » by Mattya » Fri Dec 5, 2008 5:43 pm

Its difficult when this team is playing so poorly, and the front office is one of the worst of all time. I get just as frustrated with this as everyone else does.

We all know the bad
Glen Taylor's bad business decisions with the Wolves
Kevin McHale
Randy Wittman
Rashad McCants
Randy Foye's slow start
Corey Brewer's injury
Kevin Love's lack of PT
Mike Miller's scoring slump and lack of shots

but there is some GOOD
Big Al continues to improve, his offense is still one of the best in the league, his defense is getting a little better, the blocks are up

Randy Foye is starting to break out of the slump he was in, and revive some of our faith in him

Corey Brewer's defense is still good, jumpshot is improving, still needs to work on finishing and staying in control

Kevin Love while not getting consistent playing time has still put up good numbers.

Mike Miller's shot always looks so perfect, things have to get better for this guy

Possible 4 1st round picks this year

Now this team has probably the worst drafting of all the teams in the world, but every once in a while they do get things right. Kevin Garnett is the prime example. After 13 years of questionable decisions I think there are about due for a very good one.

There are a few very interesting prospects the hopefully will come out this year or the year after.

Blake Griffin
Hasheem Thabeet
Ricky Rubio
Brandon Jennings
BJ Mullens

This team could really use one of the guys, this team is looking at a top 5 pick this year again, and hopefully with the accumulation of 1st round and 2nd round picks we could be able to land 2 top 10 picks,and maybe just maybe with a little luck, get a couple of the guys listed here.

We have plenty of tradeable assests including Love, Miller, and many picks

Now if Rubio decides to come out next year that would hurt this draft class

It would be great for this team to land Hasheem Thabeet, as he would really help our defensive woes, but if this team could pull of a miracle and somehow land Rubio and Thabeet, this team will really have a bright future

Rubio
Foye
Miller
Jefferson
Thabeet

That team looks great in my eyes

We as Wolves fans deserve some luck and maybe some lottery fixing from David Stern, have we not suffered enough.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: We need to be optimistic 

Post#2 » by 4ho5ive » Fri Dec 5, 2008 6:37 pm

Plenty to be optimistic about, plenty more to be pessimistic about. Its been said and i agree Rubio likely isnt coming out this year.

Thabeet/Harden are the guys i would like us to get somehow, someway.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Fri Dec 5, 2008 6:41 pm

Hardin needs to be included.

Also, Brewer was improving but that is hard to do now.

Love is not a trade asset. It is not wise to trade young prospects. Our trade pieces are the draft picks and the expiring contracts.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#4 » by collin_k41 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:22 am

4ho5ive wrote:Thabeet/Harden are the guys i would like us to get somehow, someway.

I'd love either this combo or Derozan instead of Harden, both would be great. If we could pull this off we NEED to get rid of a lot of our old "never developed" youth. Mccants and Telfair would be at the top of my list.

Foye/Late 1st pick
Derozan or Harden/Brewer/Foye
Brewer/Miller/Gomes
Al/Love/Craigerz
Thabeet/Al/Love

I'd rather start Brewer to be a defensive presence and bring an offensive punch in Miller off the bench.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#5 » by PeeDee » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:29 am

DeRozan doesn't look ready for the NBA. I'm guessing we'll be talking about Tyreke Evans in his place by the end of the year.
RolloTommasi
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#6 » by RolloTommasi » Sat Dec 6, 2008 4:35 am

Mattya wrote:
Corey Brewer's defense is still good, jumpshot is improving, still needs to work on finishing and staying in control

i thought he blew his knee
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#7 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:57 am

He did.

I agree DeRozan is raw, thats why he is a guy i dont think we should go after if he comes out this year. Harden is a monster and Thabeet would be a great fit and would be a fantastic compliment next to both Jefferson and Love. Bring Peks over in 2 years and we are looking damn fine at the 4 and 5.
KG_And1
Pro Prospect
And1: 151

Post#8 » by KG_And1 » Mon Dec 8, 2008 9:46 pm

Within the past 3 or 4 years the Wolves have really screwed themselves - mainly in the draft.

Roy for Foye. Drafting of Corey Brewer. McCants over Granger...

...I have no reason to be optimistic about this team.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves