David Kahn just e-mailed me about McHale

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,406

David Kahn just e-mailed me about McHale 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Yep, I gots connections like that. Here is what he said.

Dear Calinks,

As you may have already heard, today we will announce that Kevin McHale will not return to coach our team next season. Consequently, we will commence a search for our new head coach immediately after the draft with the hopes of having a selection made by mid-summer.

I have the deepest respect for Kevin McHale and his many accomplishments as a player, basketball executive and basketball coach - especially those that have occurred in the State of Minnesota. Under Kevin's leadership, the Timberwolves reached the Western Conference Finals once and were a perennial playoff team for a number of years.

I did not know Kevin McHale until I took this job and can tell you that he is an even better person than most understand. He is warm, bright, upbeat and relentlessly optimistic. He cares about making players the best they can be. Because of those qualities, I thought long and hard with him about whether we could create an environment where he and the team could succeed next season with him as head coach.

We will have a team in transition for the next few years as we build through the draft, trades and free agency. Because of the changes that have already occurred and are likely forthcoming, I believed it would have been difficult for everybody involved to put Kevin in this position.

I hope people will join me in recognizing the many successes Kevin had in building the Timberwolves.

I continue to be excited by the opportunities that likely will present themselves during the next 16 months. With multiple picks in this year's and next year's drafts, salary cap flexibility, and with several expiring contracts, we will have the ability to accumulate talent and begin our climb to the top.

When I arrived in Minnesota, I pledged that no other team would outwork or outthink the Timberwolves basketball staff during our quest to win a championship for this community. As draft day approaches, I assure you we are working relentlessly in preparation for this draft. I want to thank you for all the support you have shown me in my first three weeks on the job and I look forward to working tirelessly to make you proud of your team.

Regards,

David Kahn
President, Basketball Operations
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: David Kahn just e-mailed me about McHale 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:09 pm

I continue to be excited by the opportunities that likely will present themselves during the next 16 months.

The countdown has begun.
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#3 » by collin_k41 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:24 pm

^^and it's the FINAL COUNTDOWN...DA NA NA NA, DA NA NUH NUH NUUH, DA NA NA NA, DA NA NUH NUH NUUUH!!!
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#4 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:34 pm

That was really long. Did it mention me at all?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#5 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

oh sure, I'm on Kevin Love's email list but not Kahn's?

you've made powerful enemy today David. Ok, I'm not that powerful, but I am weight training. You've made an enemy today David that some day will be powerful if he sticks with his weight lifting regiment. Which he won't.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#6 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 pm

You know, someone could do a really good job reading btwn the lines here.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#7 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:you've made powerful enemy today David. Ok, I'm not that powerful, but I am weight training. You've made an enemy today David that some day will be powerful if he sticks with his weight lifting regiment. Which he won't.

I tweaked my elbow volunteering at a hospital, so I couldn't weight lift today. I'm not happy. :evil: If you stick with it long enough (a few months), it gets addicting and then you'll have no problem sticking to it. I've been lifting since probably late January/early February and just slogged through it for a while, but now I look forward to days that I get to do it and my weight that I'm lifting is increasing at an amazing pace. I hope I don't hit my plateau for a while, but we'll see. This elbow better be fine by Friday so I can get back to it. I'm calling in injured tomorrow to the hospital, because I'm not aggravating this further. Seriously, though, just keep at it and you'll get hooked. It's a healthy addiction.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#8 » by B Calrissian » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Big3, are you planning on trying out for the Philadelphia Eagles?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:you've made powerful enemy today David. Ok, I'm not that powerful, but I am weight training. You've made an enemy today David that some day will be powerful if he sticks with his weight lifting regiment. Which he won't.

I tweaked my elbow volunteering at a hospital, so I couldn't weight lift today. I'm not happy. :evil: If you stick with it long enough (a few months), it gets addicting and then you'll have no problem sticking to it. I've been lifting since probably late January/early February and just slogged through it for a while, but now I look forward to days that I get to do it and my weight that I'm lifting is increasing at an amazing pace. I hope I don't hit my plateau for a while, but we'll see. This elbow better be fine by Friday so I can get back to it. I'm calling in injured tomorrow to the hospital, because I'm not aggravating this further. Seriously, though, just keep at it and you'll get hooked. It's a healthy addiction.

I stick with it pretty regularly, problem is I eat lots of chips and I'll smoke a cigarette w/o batting an eye.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#10 » by john2jer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 pm

I lift at least 4 days a week, and play basketball quite a bit. Unfortunately I like food. All food. All the time. It's an on-going battle. Thank goodness for CoreyBreweritis.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#11 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 pm

you jerk with your high metabolism. i used to have crazy good metabolism, i dunno what the hell happened.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves