ImageImageImage

MEM/PHX/MIN TRADE SCENARIO!!!!!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

JayCarlock
Sophomore
And1: 0

MEM/PHX/MIN TRADE SCENARIO!!!!! 

Post#1 » by JayCarlock » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Griz fan here!!!! Now Minnesota fans, I posted this trade a few minutes a go and got some positive feedback for Suns fans, so I'm curious about what u guys think.....

PHX receives:
Rudy Gay
Kevin Love
Darko Milicic
# 6 Pick (MIN)

Memphis receives:
Amare Stoudemire
Corey Brewer
#14 Pick (PHX)

Minnesota receives:
Hakim Warrick
Alando Tucker
#2 Pick (MEM)

So u get give me feedback from here, and also u can check out what PHX fans think.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Re: MEM/PHX/MIN TRADE SCENARIO!!!!! 

Post#2 » by Baphomet » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Terrible trade for the Wolves. The general consensus (at least to Wolves fans) is that Kevin Love alone is worth the second pick, but to give up Brewer and the 6 as well to only get Warrick (who admittedly is a decent piece) and Tucker back? Not good. I don't know how the salaries match up, but I think this would be fairer if we got Gay and Phoenix got Warrick.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#3 » by Mattya » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Definate No, we trade 6 and Kevin Love for Hakim Warrick and 2
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#4 » by B Calrissian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:36 pm

1- Stop yelling.
2- That is awful for every team but the Suns. Amare isn't worth half that package.
3-Isn't Warrick a free agent?
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#5 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:41 pm

ZOMG!!!!!!!!111111111111ELEVEN!!!!!!111111111 !!!!!!!!!!111111111111

That's amazing!

We trade #6 and Corey Brewer for future hall of famer Hakim Warrick? CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
JayCarlock
Sophomore

Post#6 » by JayCarlock » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Why in the heck would we give u guys Gay/Conley for Love????!!!! But with this trade, u guys could probably ask for either Barbosa or Richardon to play next to Foye and Miller. But personally I think its equal value, Warrik would be a great addition 2 A.J. because of his length and versatility, and not only do u move into the top 2, but u keep ur other 4 picks!! But if u guys wanted 14 and gave us 18 that would be fine as well. But I still feel its equal.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:43 pm

How does Amare get a package 2x better than what MN got for KG
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#8 » by Mattya » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

I wouldn't do a Conley/#2 Love/#6 trade, Maybe a Gay/#2 Love #6 trade, but definately not this, absolutely horrible value
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#9 » by Baphomet » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:48 pm

JayCarlock wrote:Why in the heck would we give u guys Gay/Conley for Love????!!!! But with this trade, u guys could probably ask for either Barbosa or Richardon to play next to Foye and Miller. But personally I think its equal value, Warrik would be a great addition 2 A.J. because of his length and versatility, and not only do u move into the top 2, but u keep ur other 4 picks!! But if u guys wanted 14 and gave us 18 that would be fine as well. But I still feel its equal.

Fixed.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#10 » by B Calrissian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:50 pm

JayCarlock wrote:Why in the heck would we give u guys Gay/Conley for Love????!!!! But with this trade, u guys could probably ask for either Barbosa or Richardon to play next to Foye and Miller. But personally I think its equal value, Warrik would be a great addition 2 A.J. because of his length and versatility, and not only do u move into the top 2, but u keep ur other 4 picks!! But if u guys wanted 14 and gave us 18 that would be fine as well. But I still feel its equal.

We didn't propose this trade. You guys did. I am having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to say. What part of this trade to think is equal in value? And again, isn't Warrick a FA? Thus not being able to be in a trade like this. Ha, I am acting as if that is the most unrealistic part of the trade.. Forget I mentioned Warrick. Now what's this about fair value?
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#11 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Love, Brewer and the #6 for the #2???

Your new so I won't call you anything bad but
that is the worst trade I've seen on here in quite a while.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#12 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Love=#2
#6>>>Warrick
Brewer>Tucker

Yea, we win this trade big time
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#13 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Terrible. You throw darts at a dart board to think this one up?
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#14 » by Foye » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:06 pm

JayCarlock wrote:Griz fan here!!!! Now Minnesota fans, I posted this trade a few minutes a go and got some positive feedback for Suns fans, so I'm curious about what u guys think.....

PHX receives:
Rudy Gay
Kevin Love
Darko Milicic
# 6 Pick (MIN)

Memphis receives:
Amare Stoudemire
Corey Brewer
#14 Pick (PHX)

Minnesota receives:
Hakim Warrick
Alando Tucker
#2 Pick (MEM)

So u get give me feedback from here, and also u can check out what PHX fans think.

You did notice that McHale is not our GM anymore...even McHale would have declined that trade in a second...
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#15 » by Esohny » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Terrible.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,685

Post#16 » by shrink » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:20 pm

4ho5ive wrote:Love=#2
#6>>>Warrick
Brewer>Tucker

Yea, we win this trade big time

Yup, Brewer on potential alone though.

I couldn't follow the reasoning myself, but I would say that I can see MIN being a third team in a deal with PHO, whether for Amare or Shaq. The Kerr years have damaged the Suns, but really hurt the fanbase. Trading either and taking back garbage just for financial savings would be a slap in the face to Suns fans. I could see MIN taking back the on-court garbage (like Ben Wallace) plus future incentive, and sending the Suns players who can help in the open court, on reasonable and short contracts. I personally think Mike Miller would be a nice acquisition, and he'd help Nash and the other big contract guys, without a longterm financial obligation that would make sarver reject it.
JayCarlock
Sophomore

Post#17 » by JayCarlock » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Well B Carli, to me the fair value in this is Love are pretty much even 2 me as far as what they bring 2 a team except Love is better on the boards and Warrick is a better overall offensive player. And honestly, I do think u guys get the least of the deal, BUT at the same time I feel u address ur losses in this trade outside of Brewer, but if PHX is willing 2 part with either Barbosa or Richardson, I believe that would make it equal on all ends.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#18 » by B Calrissian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:58 pm

I am guessing you are replying to me.. Again I don't quite get what you are saying. If you mean that Love is equal to the 2nd pick, I agree. If you are saying Love is equal to Warrick, I strongly disagree. Adding Richardson to the deal only makes it worse. Kahn thinks Hinrich is overpaid so I imagine he thinks Richardson is way overpaid. I wouldn't mind Barbosa on the team but it would have to be a smaller deal.
JayCarlock
Sophomore

Post#19 » by JayCarlock » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Also if u guys are that high on Brewer and willing 2 give us back Miller would be fine, but the issue is PHX would have 2 take back either Jaric or Buckner for financial purposes, which I believe shouldn't be a problem since they're getting great value for Amare. And then u guys get Barbosa or Richardson like I said earlier and it should be fair game.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#20 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Jay, there's so much faulty logic in this trade and in your reasoning, that it's tough to figure out where to start. But the simplest way to explain it is...

Kevin Love = #2
#6 >> Hakim Warrick
Corey Brewer > Alando Tucker

So why should the Wolves do this garbage?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves