ImageImageImage

Going to Italy for 3 weeks

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Twizman
Rookie
And1: 22

Going to Italy for 3 weeks 

Post#1 » by Twizman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Just wanted to say I love all you guys and will be out for the next 3 somewhere in Italy for uni.

It will be a shame that I can't be here for draft day chaos, especially if KAAAAAAAAAHNNN!! really does ship out our lottery pick and Al for Amare lmao :)

I'll have to get someone to msg me who we draft lol, have a good one guys, hopefully it all turns out for the best and we are on the road to a championship! :wink:
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Going to Italy for 3 weeks 

Post#2 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:32 pm

you need at least 1,000 posts before you get to make a "i'll be gone for 3 weeks" thread

now get cracking, you have a lot of work to do before the end of the day
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#3 » by john2jer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:53 pm

We all want t-shirts.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 pm

I want to sublet your house in Australia
john2jer
RealGM

Post#5 » by john2jer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I want to sublet your house in Australia

Brilliant! Party at Twizman's house. Twiz ain't invited. There's some good looking girls with questionable morals in Australia. I like it!
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#6 » by deeney0 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Psht, I've been in Europe for almost a month and a half and I still find time to contribute.

Florence was ok, Rome is much better than people say. I was execting Rome to be a hell hole from what I'd heard but it kicks ass.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#7 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:17 pm

deeney0 wrote:Psht, I've been in Europe for almost a month and a half and I still find time to contribute.

Florence was ok, Rome is much better than people say. I was execting Rome to be a hell hole from what I'd heard but it kicks ass.

were there any 12 year olds from Morocco selling hash
RD&KG2
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#8 » by RD&KG2 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Actually, asking a girl if she's ever been to Italy is a great pickup line.
"First of all I'd like to thank myself for all the hard work I put in"--Carmello Anthony.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#9 » by GopherIt! » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:13 pm

^
this is true.

in contrast, I don't recommend asking a girl how often she goes to Old Country Buffet.
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#10 » by MagnusPinus » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:26 pm

What part of italy are u going ?
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#11 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:30 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:What part of italy are u going ?

what does Cosi Veloce mean, there's this song I like called Cosi Veloce and I don't know what it means
john2jer
RealGM

Post#12 » by john2jer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:53 pm

GopherIt! wrote:^
this is true.

in contrast, I don't recommend asking a girl how often she goes to Old Country Buffet.

But I'm a fan of getting slapped, so I use that one all the time.

In a slightly related story...

Back in my party days when I was young, a bunch of the guys all went out to the club. Right when I get there I see this good looking girl at the bar and stroll on up to take my chances. I buy her a drink, we chat for awhile, she seems pretty cool. After a bit her "friend" walks up, we'll call her Bertha, and grabs the girl by her arm and drags her away. I'm thinking, ok, whatever, plenty of girls here, no big deal.

Later on in the night the girl finds me and we start chatting again. We ended up dancing for a couple songs, until Bertha comes back and drags her friend away again, saying something like, "I told you not to talk to him." So I'm a little offended. Who's pork chop to say that her friend can't talk to me? Now I'm not your typical bar/club guy. I'd go, have a couple beers, usually just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, nothing too fancy. Apparently I didn't meet Bertha's standards of pretty boy jacknuts who grinds on girls.

So I'm chatting with my buddy about it and it pisses him off. Now this is my big friend, the overweight, former defensive lineman from my T-Wolves Dancer story that some of you might remember. Now he's a big boy, and for not being much to look at, he's got a way with words. Especially with girls that no one in their right mind would ever date. He heads over to where Bertha is, and she must not know he's friends with me because she's just eating up every line he throws at her like it's half-price Tuesday at the OCB. She's smiling like she's found her Burger King. Then all of a sudden she slaps him across the face and he comes walking back to us with a smile a mile wide.

Apparently he was flirting with her pretty good, and she's getting all dreamy eyed and buying all of it. Then he asks her, "Where'd you get that shirt?" She tells him and says, "Why? You like it?" he responds with, "No, it makes you look fat." Thats when she slapped him.

Needless to say I didn't get the girl's number, but we all got a story to share for around the bonfire.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#13 » by B Calrissian » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:13 pm

J2J, you have some great stories.

Twizman, have a fun time. Maybe you should wait to find out about the draft til after you are back from there. It would be a shame if a bad draft ruined a good trip. In fact, bad drafts have been ruining good trips for a long time. Poor hippies. :peace:
john2jer
RealGM

Post#14 » by john2jer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:26 pm

B Calrissian wrote:J2J, you have some great stories.

Twizman, have a fun time. Maybe you should wait to find out about the draft til after you are back from there. It would be a shame if a bad draft ruined a good trip. In fact, bad drafts have been ruining good trips for a long time. Poor hippies. :peace:

FLOWER POWER, YEAH! LOVE NOT WAR! :hug: GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#15 » by big3_8_19_21 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:46 pm

B Calrissian wrote:J2J, you have some great stories.

:lol: didn't see that coming
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#16 » by Basti » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 pm

john2jer wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:I want to sublet your house in Australia

Brilliant! Party at Twizman's house. Twiz ain't invited. There's some good looking girls with questionable morals in Australia. I like it!

yeah riding Kangaroos is gonna be freaking awesome!
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#17 » by southern wolf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:09 am

You guys don't want to come down to Aus. We've all got swine flu.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#18 » by Foye » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:27 am

Have fun in Italy :P

I'll be away for a week, too. :P

Hate it, I'll be missing the draft because I come back a day later :(

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves