Mcfale313
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Source: Blount to be traded or waived, won't get locker 

Post#1 » by Mcfale313 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 pm

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolve ... anchO7DiUr

Wolves deal Richardson to gain options

Last update: August 14, 2009 - 12:06 AM

The Timberwolves late Thursday night traded newly acquired Quentin Richardson to Miami and brought back former Wolves center Mark Blount in another David Kahn move that has everything to do with salary-cap bookkeeping and cost-saving and nothing to do with this season's roster.

The Wolves traded away veterans Blount and Ricky Davis to the Heat in October 2007 in a deal that brought Antoine Walker and a 2009 first-round pick, which Kahn -- the new president of basketball operations -- then dealt on trade night two months ago to Denver for a future first-round pick.

This time, he brings back Blount's expiring $7.96 million salary slot in exchange for Richardson's $9.35 million expiring contract.

Don't expect Blount to get a locker stall, much less his Wolves uniform back. Kahn will either save nearly $1.4 million by waiving Blount outright instead of Richardson or use his expiring contract in another trade.

The Wolves acquired Richardson last month in a 3-for-1 swap that sent Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair and Mark Madsen to the Los Angeles Clippers. It was a move to get the team out of paying Telfair $2.7 million for the 2010-11 season and to create open roster spots for Kahn to make other moves. Kahn, it turns out, had no interest in Richardson playing for the Wolves this season, either.

JERRY ZGODA
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,734

Re: Source: Blount to be traded or waived, won't get locker 

Post#2 » by Basti » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 pm

so it's basically proving what everybody knew.

thx for posting the info
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:59 pm

I hate "sources"
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#4 » by jade_hippo » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:28 am

*shrug* doesn't matter if he plays, doesn't matter if he's cut.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#5 » by revprodeji » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:23 pm

It does...

He is a known lockeroom cancer who has a history with Al Jefferson. Also, if he is moved we could be looking at adding something else, or if he is cut we are given a roster spot to potentially resign carney.

The top priority of the team right now needs to be to move song's contract. Followed by bringing in an elite swingman.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#6 » by wetsthebed » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:06 am

Mark Blount is probably the best player in the NBA, so this has to be rough for you guys.

He's funky.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#7 » by Esohny » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:08 am

westthebest wrote:Mark Blount is probably the best player in the NBA, so this has to be rough for you guys.

He's funky.

I believe that you're thinking of Marky Mark, not Mark Blount. Feel it, feel it.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#8 » by jade_hippo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:45 am

I don't think it would be as big of a problem this time around. Jefferson isn't a teenage n00b anymore. Blount is a journeyman on his last legs in the league. I would love to see him dealt yes. Just not sure what we could get for him is all.
Cloud765
Starter
And1: 25

Post#9 » by Cloud765 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Esohny wrote:
westthebest wrote:Mark Blount is probably the best player in the NBA, so this has to be rough for you guys.

He's funky.

I believe that you're thinking of Marky Mark, not Mark Blount. Feel it, feel it.

I'm feeling some good vibrations from this..
The views and opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Miami Heat fans, the Miami Heat Organization, or it's employees.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves