ImageImageImage

MN BOS PHX

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

MN BOS PHX 

Post#1 » by the_bruce » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:06 pm

I was playing a little game in my head called. Who can I get under the lux with atkins. This is what I came up with.

I realize this won't be popular with PHX fans. It also has debatable value for BOS, but here goes. It also needs to wait until sasha, atkins, and wilkins can be combined in a trade. Should work because of the 125% rule. Blount and Brown need to be cut in order for there to be enough roster spaces.

phx in: atkins, walker, Cha pick, Utah pick
phx out: clark, lopez, pavlovic

MN in: Clark, Lopez, Allen, Scal, pavlovic
MN out: wilkins, Gomes

Bos in: Wilkins, gomes
Box out: scal, allen

Why for PHX.
Lopez should not have been picked so early last season. His value should be offset by the Utah pick.

Clark is a "top 5 talent" but there are concerns about his attitude, He was drafted 14th in a weak draft class. They exchange him for a likely 12-18 pick in next years "stronger" draft class.

The real kicker for phx is 8.3m outgoing salary and 4.1m incoming atkins contract (only 750k guarenteed) + walker(750k). Saving them 6.75m. I believe they are ~6m over? So this ends up saving them 12m + .75, + 3m? (lux pool). ~15.75m (minus walker's contract)

Why for BOS.
They could swing Gomes in a S&T for Daniels. Keep Songaila as a backup. Who knows about the value it's a talent upgrade.

If songailia is a deal breaker wilkins can be subbed in.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,246

Re: MN BOS PHX 

Post#2 » by GopherIt! » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:38 pm

at first I thought the Walker was Antoine. Then I realized it was in fact Texas Ranger.

Who plays with Amare on the front line if they trade Lopez & Clark?
the_bruce
Analyst
And1: 57

Re: MN BOS PHX 

Post#3 » by the_bruce » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 am

GopherIt! wrote:at first I thought the Walker was Antoine. Then I realized it was in fact Texas Ranger.

Who plays with Amare on the front line if they trade Lopez & Clark?

I gave the roster stuff a little thought originally because I thought this too. My original idea was simply get a team under the cap.

NJ PHX
I was thinking S williams for shaq tpe, Walker for the anderson tpe (~750k salary increase)

Tucker for someone up to ~1.25m (250k increase max)

Total increase of ~1m

I think Should still keep them under the lux.

Amare/Williams
Frye/<unknown player from tucker trade>
Hill/Dudley
Richardson/Barbosa
Nash

Maybe they followup with a Jrich trade too. JRich for miller + crit(or a different player). Or something?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves