ImageImageImageImageImage

OT:New York Rangers Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Re: OT:New York Rangers Stanley Cup Playoff Thread 

Post#301 » by BKAY » Sat May 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Rangers will have an advantage at Goal no matter who they play. Both teams goalies are SC winning goalies, no doubt. But Crawford is not in Henrik's class and if there is one bad thing that could be said about Quick is that he is super inconsistent.

Eastern Conference Hockey is more predicated on grind it out hockey, while West Coast hockey is more wide open and high scoring. Rangers stand a chance at either style but we wont be winning those foot races against LA/CHI like we were against the Habs.

Lundqvist will be on his game 100% come Weds.

Our Deep D core is going to come in HUGE for us too. McD/ Girardi/ Staal/ Strahlman/ Klein/ Moore (DEEEEPP) have ALL looked really good this post season run. Rangers were never a high scoring team so if we plan on winning the cups its gonna be on all those guys I just listed.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#302 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat May 31, 2014 10:06 pm

Actually a little more scared of Chicago than LA. Kings defense is mortal and their goaltending suspect. Chicago is a cockroach. Very difficult to kill.
HeartBreaking
Starter
And1: 2,313

Post#303 » by HeartBreaking » Sat May 31, 2014 10:10 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Actually a little more scared of Chicago than LA. Kings defense is mortal and their goaltending suspect. Chicago is a cockroach. Very difficult to kill.

Chicago is tough.
I really think the teams aren't even close on paper, the blackhawks should slaughter new york, and so should los angeles.
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#304 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat May 31, 2014 10:29 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Actually a little more scared of Chicago than LA. Kings defense is mortal and their goaltending suspect. Chicago is a cockroach. Very difficult to kill.

Chicago is tough.
I really think the teams aren't even close on paper, the blackhawks should slaughter new york, and so should los angeles.

I dunno if I agree that the difference between the conferences are THAT seismic since the NY Yankees of the NHL, the Detroit Red Wings who last year blew a 3-1 lead against the Hawks and LOST 3 straight. In their first year in the East, they BARELY made the playoffs and got trounced by Boston.

Chicago and LA are the #4 and #5 respectively...and the Rangers #5 in the East. So throw out the records and flashy numbers.

Rangers are playing VERY well right now. Since being down 3-1 to Pittsburgh, they went on a 5 game win streak before dropping one game to Montreal. Meanwhile, Chicago and LA are exchanging streaks.

I'll give you the Hawks and Kings' offenses are better BUT if the NJ Devils have taught us anything, you DON'T have to be sexy offensively to win not just one but SEVERAL Stanley Cups.
HeartBreaking
Starter

Post#305 » by HeartBreaking » Sat May 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
HeartBreaking wrote:

Chicago is tough.

I dunno if I agree that the difference between the conferences are THAT seismic since the NY Yankees of the NHL, the Detroit Red Wings who last year blew a 3-1 lead against the Hawks and LOST 3 straight. In their first year in the East, they BARELY made the playoffs and got trounced by Boston.

Chicago and LA are the #4 and #5 respectively...and the Rangers #5 in the East. So throw out the records and flashy numbers.

Rangers are playing VERY well right now. Since being down 3-1 to Pittsburgh, they went on a 5 game win streak before dropping one game to Montreal. Meanwhile, Chicago and LA are exchanging streaks.

I'll give you the Hawks and Kings' offenses are better BUT if the NJ Devils have taught us anything, you DON'T have to be sexy offensively to win not just one but SEVERAL Stanley Cups.

Did you really call the wings the yankees of the nhl? Maybe this was true a long, long time ago, but they've been living off 6 and 7th rounders zetterberg and datsyuk for quite awhile. They were supposed to get swept in that chicago series, but they were a good matchup for chicago. They played the exact same style as them, and thats what bothered chicago. New york doesn't play that style chicago or LA play.

Boston on the otherhand is a brute, and detroit was weaker this year. Boston is so physical and detroit just didn't matchup with them. LA and chicago can play against any style. Boston freaking destroyed pittsburgh last year but chicago made took care of them easily.

However they can win the series, and i think it will be because king henrik domiantes
PaulieWal wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:He's going to get fined by the league for that. Marv Albert was actually saying don't do that, don't do that. Meanwhile half the audience was thinking Marv should know.

That's Kevin Harlan.
HeartBreaking
Starter

Post#306 » by HeartBreaking » Sat May 31, 2014 10:47 pm

Oh, and LA is going into the 3rd consecutive game 7 on the road. I wonder if they come out and slaughter the opposition like they did to san jose and anaheim
PaulieWal wrote:

That's Kevin Harlan.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#307 » by poeman » Sun Jun 1, 2014 12:49 am

Take a look at this quick video I made...I know all of you will appreciate it :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCazVq_UK3c[/youtube]

Dirk Nowitzki commentating on the Lundqvist blocker save in Game 6
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#308 » by Apples » Sun Jun 1, 2014 1:13 am

Forget regular season and who had the most points and wins. The NHL playoffs are more about match-ups. The Rangers matched up against the Flyers, Penguins and Canadiens. They do not match up well against the Kings. They match up well against the Blackhawks.

Think of the Kings as similar to the Bruins. With a bit more offense. The Blackhawks are Penguins with better supporting players.

Everyone knew the Rangers weren't beating the Bruins. They're big and physical. Although it will be tough, but the Rangers have pretty good shot against the Hawks. They're not that physical and they play similar to the Rangers. The Rangers should have an easier time scoring. They have the worst goalie of the teams left. Blackhawks have also been lax on defense. They will give the Rangers room with their speed to make plays.

Kings will smother you. Although I think Quick hasn't been as good as he was two years ago, he can match Lundqvist on a good night. You would have to be concerned about the Ranger offense in this series.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#309 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Jun 1, 2014 3:17 am

You make it sound like their last Cup was ages ago but for a man in his forties, that was only yeaterday. Sorry. Not completely sold.

HeartBreaking wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:
HeartBreaking wrote:Chicago is tough.

Did you really call the wings the yankees of the nhl? Maybe this was true a long, long time ago, but they've been living off 6 and 7th rounders zetterberg and datsyuk for quite awhile. They were supposed to get swept in that chicago series, but they were a good matchup for chicago. They played the exact same style as them, and thats what bothered chicago. New york doesn't play that style chicago or LA play.

Boston on the otherhand is a brute, and detroit was weaker this year. Boston is so physical and detroit just didn't matchup with them. LA and chicago can play against any style. Boston freaking destroyed pittsburgh last year but chicago made took care of them easily.

However they can win the series, and i think it will be because king henrik domiantes
HeartBreaking
Starter

Post#310 » by HeartBreaking » Sun Jun 1, 2014 3:54 am

Apples wrote:Forget regular season and who had the most points and wins. The NHL playoffs are more about match-ups. The Rangers matched up against the Flyers, Penguins and Canadiens. They do not match up well against the Kings. They match up well against the Blackhawks.

Think of the Kings as similar to the Bruins. With a bit more offense. The Blackhawks are Penguins with better supporting players.

Everyone knew the Rangers weren't beating the Bruins. They're big and physical. Although it will be tough, but the Rangers have pretty good shot against the Hawks. They're not that physical and they play similar to the Rangers. The Rangers should have an easier time scoring. They have the worst goalie of the teams left. Blackhawks have also been lax on defense. They will give the Rangers room with their speed to make plays.

Kings will smother you. Although I think Quick hasn't been as good as he was two years ago, he can match Lundqvist on a good night. You would have to be concerned about the Ranger offense in this series.

crawford is severely underrated. The dude is solid, hes not king henrik but he doesn't have to be.
PaulieWal wrote:

That's Kevin Harlan.
HeartBreaking
Starter

Post#311 » by HeartBreaking » Sun Jun 1, 2014 4:02 am

TBH i hope chicago faces new york just because they have real fan bases. LA doesn't give a **** if the team wins
PaulieWal wrote:

That's Kevin Harlan.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#312 » by Waylon Mercy » Sun Jun 1, 2014 6:14 am

I became a New York Rangers fan when Tracy Morgan joined the team a couple of years ago :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVoLMM3Pfak&list=FLNejZqpJYBJ78u040J1nLNg&index=6[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcP-g-6VBvs[/youtube]
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#313 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Jun 1, 2014 8:35 am

I don think ANY Ranger fan is doing jumping jacks over playing Chicago or LA. I mean, pick your poison. That said, I don't think its fair to undermine the achievement of this team.

I think people around the world naturally attribute any fan of a New York team with the most arrogant, worst example possible. If you look hard enough, you will find one but that is very much in the minority.

20 yrs is a decent chunk of time. Think about where you were in 20 yrs. I was starting college when Rangers were battling the Vancouver Canuck in an exciting 7 fame series.

20 yrs later I can only hope for the same excitement.
dpgcdr
Pro Prospect
And1: 298

Post#314 » by dpgcdr » Sun Jun 1, 2014 4:32 pm

So is this a joint thread in the Knicks forum now in the Rangers RealGM hockey? It's a nice run but the team will come up short and this season will be forgotten pretty quickly. Oh those silly people buying the locker room hats for outrageous money will see them 56% off in a few days.
BKAY
Analyst

Post#315 » by BKAY » Sun Jun 1, 2014 7:34 pm

dpgcdr wrote:So is this a joint thread in the Knicks forum now in the Rangers RealGM hockey? It's a nice run but the team will come up short and this season will be forgotten pretty quickly. Oh those silly people buying the locker room hats for outrageous money will see them 56% off in a few days.

yeah looks like it. dont know why though literally posts from 2011 on the first page over @ Rangers board
dpgcdr
Pro Prospect

Post#316 » by dpgcdr » Sun Jun 1, 2014 7:57 pm

In the general sense, where do Rangers fans rank as the most passionate and most jerks among NHL fans?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#317 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Jun 1, 2014 8:28 pm

Well in what context will it be forgotten quickly? In this forum, sure I'll buy THAT. In NYC, you are ROCKBALLSNUTS that Ranger fans who are their own animal will forget this run.

It's been TWENTY years....

That's like saying the Knicks next appearance in the NBA Finals since 1999 will be forgotten if they lose. NO IT WON'T. Not in New York.

To the rest of the country, the Knicks are a joke. So sure, every time the Knicks screw up it's "typical" and forgotten. To this town, there are STILL scars over Jeremy Lin.

Make no mistake, win or lose the NY Rangers being in the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in TWENTY years is a BIG DEAL. Sorry. It's not going to be forgotten because this squad is VERY likable.

NOT since the 1996 NY Yankees has there been this many likable players from around the league.
dpgcdr
Pro Prospect

Post#318 » by dpgcdr » Sun Jun 1, 2014 8:52 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Well in what context will it be forgotten quickly? In this forum, sure I'll buy THAT. In NYC, you are ROCKBALLSNUTS that Ranger fans who are their own animal will forget this run.

It's been TWENTY years....

That's like saying the Knicks next appearance in the NBA Finals since 1999 will be forgotten if they lose. NO IT WON'T. Not in New York.

To the rest of the country, the Knicks are a joke. So sure, every time the Knicks screw up it's "typical" and forgotten. To this town, there are STILL scars over Jeremy Lin.

Make no mistake, win or lose the NY Rangers being in the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in TWENTY years is a BIG DEAL. Sorry. It's not going to be forgotten because this squad is VERY likable.

NOT since the 1996 NY Yankees has there been this many likable players from around the league.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. Has anyone told you you sound like Mike Lupica? The media is milking all the personal tragedies to make fans and bandwagon rile behind with sympathy, just like they did with the 1996 Yankees and Torre's brothers, his prostate cancer, Brosius and O'Neill's fathers passing away that season. It happened again in 1998 with Darryl Strawberry's cancer. The ratings for the Stanley Cup Final are going to be pretty unspectacular.
BKAY
Analyst

Post#319 » by BKAY » Mon Jun 2, 2014 12:53 am

haha this guy sounds bitter...probably a toronto maple leafs fan. Is it really so outrageous for a fan base to be pumped up about their team after winning the ECF? I mean we got the best damn goal tender in the leage, a deep D core, we go 4 lines deep, good coaching on both ends. There is no reason why the Rangers fans shouldnt feel as if they have a chance against either of these WC teams.
BKAY
Analyst

Post#320 » by BKAY » Mon Jun 2, 2014 12:54 am

and yo MODS put this back in the Knicks board. Killin the convo putting it on this dead ass rangers board.

Return to New York Rangers