Moderator: Morris_Shatford

mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Rangers Offseason News 

Post#1 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:21 am

We lost Avery... :cry:

I think that's going to hurt us more than we know.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367613

Though we did shore up our offense with Zherdev and Fritsche...

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367639

Still nothing doing on the Jagr or Sundin front...
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,621

Re: Rangers Offseason News 

Post#2 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:47 pm

If we don't get Jagr back the offseason was a complete failure to me. Avery's impact is far and away bigger then his numbers, look at the record with and without him. I think 4 million was worth it. Redden got paid way too much for what he has been recently, at best he's a declining player and we're stuck for years with him. Rangers should have kept Avery and said forget Redden. Outside of Redden none of the signings seem like impact moves to me at all. The zherdev deal could be a steal, but he's not exactly a character guy and it could blow up in our face. Glad we got Rosival back though.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:28 am

Congrats on signing Naslund. I don't know much about the Jagr situation or the Rangers cap position, but is there any chance you guys can retain Jagr as well?
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by mjhp911 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 6:21 am

Jagr leaves for Russia. Thanks for everything, Jaromir. But I think it's best for both to part...

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367813

We also signed Naslund and Kalinin...

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=367782
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Wed Jul 9, 2008 5:17 am

Another signing, defenseman, Paul Mara...

Rangers Sign Defenseman Paul Mara
8th July, 2008 - 11:40 am
RealGM Staff Report - New York Rangers' President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent defenseman Paul Mara.

Mara, 28, appeared in 61 games with the Rangers this past season, registering one goal and 16 assists for 17 points, along with 52 penalty minutes. He finished third on the team among defensemen in assists (16), fourth in shots (80), and second in penalty minutes (52). He also ranked fifth on the team with 74 blocked shots, posted two multiple-point efforts, and recorded a three-game assist-streak from January 12 vs. Montreal to January 16 vs. Buffalo (three assists). Mara collected his 150th career assist at Toronto on December 29. He missed 15 games this past season with a shoulder injury and facial fractures. In addition, Mara registered one assist with 20 penalty minutes and a plus-three rating while appearing in all 10 of the Rangers’ post-season matches.

In 2006-07, Mara ranked third among Rangers’ defensemen in goals (five), points (23,) and hits (72) and finished second in shots (100) and fourth in assists (18). He ranked second on the club in average icetime (22:08). He also ranked third on the team with 120 blocked shots and fourth with 113 penalty minutes. In 19 games with the Rangers, he recorded two goals and three assists, along with 18 penalty minutes and a plus-six rating after being acquired from Boston on February 27, 2007, in exchange for defenseman Aaron Ward. The Rangers posted a 12-3-4 record with him in the lineup. Mara skated in his 500th career game on April 3, 2007 at Long Island, and registered his 200th career point on March 17, 2007 vs. Boston. In the 2007 playoffs, Mara tied for second on the team in power-play goals (two), and registered four points (two goals and two assists) in 10 contests.

Return to New York Rangers