Deadline Deals...

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Deadline Deals... 

Post#1 » by mjhp911 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 6:35 am

Big additions in Nik Antropov and Derek Morris. Playoffs now? I'm going to miss Prucha...

By Jim Cerny, newyorkrangers.com

With the additions of Nik Antropov and Derek Morris just before the NHL’s trading deadline on Wednesday, as well as the acquisition of Sean Avery on Tuesday, Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather believes that the Blueshirts are now better equipped to secure a playoff spot and make a run in the postseason than they were even just a couple of days ago.

“I wanted to get some scoring, some size, some grit, and some speed; and I think we’ve done that,” stated Sather. “We’ll just see how the cards play out here in the future.”

Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather said the team will work with Derek Morris to return the veteran NHL defenseman to his higher scoring totals.

One day after claiming Avery off re-entry waivers from the Dallas Stars, Sather swung a pair of deals just short of Wednesday’s trade deadline. Sather first acquired Antropov, the 29 year-old center, from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a 2009 second round draft pick and a conditional draft pick. And then Sather shipped forwards Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes to Phoenix along with defenseman Dmitri Kalinin in exchange for Morris, a 30-year-old defenseman.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=412360
chargerxthirty
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Re: Deadline Deals... 

Post#2 » by chargerxthirty » Thu Mar 5, 2009 10:26 pm

Antropov will help your team.

I am a Leafs fan, and although I am not upset to see him go, it's more due to the fact that he will demand between 3-4 million next year and I don't want to spend it on him.

Aside from that, he has more goals this year than anyone on the Rangers roster and thats impressive considering he had an 18 game goal scoring drought.

He's big, he's towards the top of our team in hits and he's great at deflecting pucks in front.

Enjoy the trade.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: Deadline Deals... 

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 7:41 am

Thanks for the synopsis.

Return to New York Rangers