ImageImage

Malone

Moderator: Gremz

jayknicks
Junior
And1: 0

Malone 

Post#1 » by jayknicks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:04 pm

I feel bad that you're the only one talking in this forum..gotta get more Pen fans in these forums!
You think we can get the #9 pick for Malone? It seems like we have no choice but to lose him..might as well retain another prospect in return?

Btw? could you possibly change my username to "EZBucket$"

Thanks
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Malone 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:43 pm

I doubt anyone gives you a pick like #9 for Ryan Malone. He has said straight-out that he fully intends to become a free agent and test the waters, so I doubt a team would give up much of anything to get him at this point. If he agreed to sign with whichever team traded for him then someone probably would, but no one is going to give up anything of value for a guy who may never end up playing a game for them. I'm not sure what our (Red Wings) salary cap situation is like, but I'd be very happy to see Ken Holland talking to Malone's agents.
jayknicks
Junior

Post#3 » by jayknicks » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Yea I saw that after my post..he definitely will get a nice check in the off-season..its well deserved.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:03 am

I agree that he will get a nice salary somewhere. He certainly showed his courage and heart in the Stanley Cup series.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by timd1218 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Anything more than 4 million for Malone is dumb. He played on a line with Malkin and only had 50 some points. He has heart and leadership, but that aint worth 5 million dollars.

Quite frankly, after the cup finals ended and it went to the off-season, I could care less that he is leaving. He goes from the worst team in the league, to 2 wins from winning the cup, born in Pittsburgh, considered a hometown kid, everyone in Pittsburgh loves him, and he decides to go to free agency.

I won't miss him.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins