ImageImageImageImageImage

What would it take for yall to trade Mikal to us?

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,500

What would it take for yall to trade Mikal to us? 

Post#1 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:36 pm

Post what you would want in return and/or what u think management would take to get it done
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Re: What would it take for yall to trade Mikal to us? 

Post#2 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:49 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Post what you would want in return and/or what u think management would take to get it done

We can offer you great pg Ben Simmons for Brun

But for real why would the Nets help Knicks ???

If anything we should send Mikal to Denver for one second draft pick to further ensure their championship run next year , we helped them once with Bruce Brown and uncle Jeff already
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#3 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Post what you would want in return and/or what u think management would take to get it done

We can offer you great pg Ben Simmons for Brun

But for real why would the Nets help Knicks ???

If anything we should send Mikal to Denver for one second draft pick to further ensure their championship run next year , we helped them once with Bruce Brown and uncle Jeff already

To restock your draft picks and rebuild
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:56 pm

:lol: Knicks doesn’t have young talent that is promising and would match our 20-23 year olds

Knicks want to keep their core players ( understandably)

Knicks picks will suck for a few seasons ( low picks )

So who you want to trade here for Mikal ? Randle ? Give me a break :lol:

Bro I don’t think Marks is that stupid , he isn’t ideal GM but he got more brains than 7 year old , I Hope
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 pm

And on top of it , I don’t value Mikal as much as some others here , he is great 3rd banana for contending team , he isn’t certainly 1 or 2 option on a contender

He is so far an iron man , so this helps his value a lot , but I think if gonna get signed and traded it will be Sacramento/Atlanta maybe OKC
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#6 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:09 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote::lol: Knicks doesn’t have young talent that is promising and would match our 20-23 year olds

Bro I don’t think Marks is that stupid , he isn’t ideal GM but he got more brains than 7 year old , I Hope

Randle is a top 3 player in the NBA you'd be CRAZY not to add him :D

But honestly idk that's why I was asking. I wouldn't wanna give up Deuce but he's a talented young kid he's only 23 turns 24 this sept
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:13 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote::lol: Knicks doesn’t have young talent that is promising and would match our 20-23 year olds

But honestly idk that's why I was asking. I wouldn't wanna give up Deuce but he's a talented young kid he's only 23 turns 24 this sept

About Randle I was about to add the gif of Spartan kicking you into the hole behind you , but I’m gonna be nice today

We celebrating with Hello Brooklyn, Indiana advancing to ECF :lol: :lol: :lol:
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#8 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

About Randle I was about to add the gif of Spartan kicking you into the hole behind you , but I’m gonna be nice today

We celebrating with Hello Brooklyn, Indiana advancing to ECF :lol: :lol: :lol:

lmfaoooo :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,032

Post#9 » by NetsWorld » Tue May 21, 2024 12:59 pm

If Nets decide to rebuild, I would say the picks; at least five firsts.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 330

Post#10 » by JKiddy » Tue May 21, 2024 3:51 pm

NetsWorld wrote:

The Knicks do not have a younger player that is worthy of a Bridges deal even if 4-5 picks were attached.

Even if they did the Nets would have to drastically change plans and just tank and receive many of their own picks back at the same time.

I do not see this happening.

But, if the Nets decided to do this they would need a future All-Star player and probably 3 unprotected 1sts and a swap.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,032

Post#11 » by NetsWorld » Tue May 21, 2024 4:39 pm

JKiddy wrote:
NetsWorld wrote:

The Knicks do not have a younger player that is worthy of a Bridges deal even if 4-5 picks were attached.

Even if they did the Nets would have to drastically change plans and just tank and receive many of their own picks back at the same time.

I do not see this happening.

But, if the Nets decided to do this they would need a future All-Star player and probably 3 unprotected 1sts and a swap.

Knicks have nothing else attractive to the Nets.
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by JKiddy » Tue May 21, 2024 8:42 pm

That is the issue. The Nets would want Brunson. Would they consider OG + 4 picks? I have no clue.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#13 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:13 am

JKiddy wrote:That is the issue. The Nets would want Brunson. Would they consider OG + 4 picks? I have no clue.

lol? :wavefinger:

you could offer the whole team and anything you had Brunson is untouchable prolly for any player in the league right now. And there's talk of him signing this summer instead of cashing in next summer. The focus is adding around Brunson

OG is a better player than Mikal so that doesn't make sense either. His defense is invaluable and we've yet to see his full offense as showcased in the playoffs before he hurt his hamstring.

Its prolly not gona happen just wanted to see what your responses would be
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,175

Post#14 » by Rastas » Wed May 22, 2024 3:08 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
JKiddy wrote:That is the issue. The Nets would want Brunson. Would they consider OG + 4 picks? I have no clue.

lol? :wavefinger:

you could offer the whole team and anything you had Brunson is untouchable prolly for any player in the league right now. And there's talk of him signing this summer instead of cashing in next summer. The focus is adding around Brunson

OG is a better player than Mikal so that doesn't make sense either. His defense is invaluable and we've yet to see his full offense as showcased in the playoffs before he hurt his hamstring.

Its prolly not gona happen just wanted to see what your responses would be

Your good ''Knixtape20'' , the Nets boys just over valuing their non AllStar Ironman to a cross town rival .

Unfortunate truth is they will get better offers from other teams but in no way will they get more than 2 x 1st rnd picks for him with whatever player/s attached.
JKiddy
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by JKiddy » Wed May 22, 2024 2:33 pm

You're good "Knistape20," OG is not as good as Bridges. But, they are both very valuable players. Thank you for dropping by.

I do not think the Nets will trade with NY because there is not a player worthy of Bridges other than Brunson.

Even if the Knicks offered 3 firsts and OG for Bridges I do not think they would do it because of the chemistry aspect and friendships in the locker room now. The Nets have a few players reaching out to them who want to play with Bridges (who are better than he).

In 2k the deal would be OG and picks for Bridges and it would be fine. But, in the NBA, in this instance, I do not see this happening. But, it is not impossible.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,491

Post#16 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed May 22, 2024 3:55 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:OG is a better player than Mikal.

No. Absolutely not. And no.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#17 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed May 22, 2024 4:24 pm

Wow reading through that OG extension thread on the NYK board induces a lot of forehead slapping.

Calling him Kawhi Lite, saying he has identical impact on the Knicks ceiling that Embiid has on the Sixers, etc., it’s like he didn’t just average 15/6/1/1/1 in the playoffs.

Listen OG is an awesome player the 50-60% of playable games he’s actually on the floor, but they’re wilding over the bridge.

This is why it’s always hard to take Knicks fans seriously, you give them some legitimately good players, a little taste of success and some spotlight and everyone on their roster morphs into Michael Jordan and Steph Curry.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,057

Post#18 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu May 23, 2024 5:44 am

Unless you want to throw Bunson in there is absolutely no chance I trade Bridges.

If trading him I'm doing it for our picks back from the Rockets.

No shot I want to be a bottom 5 team with no picks. And make the Knicks even better on top of it.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#19 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu May 23, 2024 12:30 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Unless you want to throw Bunson in there is absolutely no chance I trade Bridges.

If trading him I'm doing it for our picks back from the Rockets.

No shot I want to be a bottom 5 team with no picks. And make the Knicks even better on top of it.

Yup.

It’s not that Bridges is worth Brunson, it’s that there’s nobody else and no other assets they have, which are worth Bridges.

Then as you say, we don’t have our own picks, receive no immediate help in any other deal with NYK and make a bitter crosstown rival that much stronger?

Yeah nah, we’re good.

Bridges could be traded, but it won’t be to the Knicks, unless it was a 3+ team deal that saw us getting back a legitimately intriguing prospect and some quality over quantity pick(s).
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Post#20 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat May 25, 2024 1:21 pm

I'm not really moved by anything NYK has to offer. Julius would need to be involved from an asset standpoint, but I would prefer to reroute him to a 3rd team for prospects and picks. No thanks.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets