ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Chickens 1/2 - 8PM EST

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Re: GT: Nets @ Chickens 1/2 - 8PM EST 

Post#21 » by JoseRizal » Wed Jan 3, 2024 3:44 am

You cannot sustain chucking 3's all day. We have 2 mid range assassins in CT & MB, but it appears that JV hasn't developed plays for them (he even admitted in the offseason that he needs to start devising plays for Mikal). Granting we lost Ben who's a floor raiser, it's still no excuse to be this bad in the offense.

However, what's worse? Having highly reputable defensive players such as Bridges, Claxton, DFS, DSJ & Royce and still one of the lowest rank defensive teams. If we can't score and also can't stop other teams from scoring, we'll end up as one of the worst teams in the league.

We really should have signed Udoka when we had the chance. Look at how the Rockets are playing, at least they play team defense.

The organization is so worried about the media backlash should it hire Ime, but I think our performance right now is even more mortifying and degrading...
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,381

Post#22 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jan 3, 2024 4:51 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:CamT 0 points, Dinwiddie 0 points, O'neale 0 points... must be a new years hangover. But I'm not mad, I said several times we're a .500 team AT BEST ! Pelicans are a solid team. I hope we beat the Rockets tomorrow tho since we're handing them a nice pick after this season.

Would love to be a .500 team at this point. We have not played at that level for a long time now.

.500 team AT BEST ! is the keywords. We're probably going to end up with 35-38 wins or so which is slightly below is my guess
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,040

Post#23 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 3, 2024 5:08 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Harden trade is turning into the new Celtics trade.

Marks deserves to be fired honestly for making that trade. It was a high risk/high reward move but its unforgivable given the we somehow are in the exact same situation we were after the Celtics trade.

A bad team with no draft picks for years to come.

The Harden trade was not the mistake. It was the Simmons trade that was the mistake. A regular all star would have this team slightly above .500. Instead we got a scrub. Watford does everything that we expected Simmons to do (which wasn't much) and then some.

Yeah it was. We gave up all our draft picks for the decade basically.

Honestly nobody knew Simmons was done playing basketball. And what else were we getting for Harden? He was demanding to go to the Sixers and was about to be a free agent.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#24 » by Eatgreenz » Wed Jan 3, 2024 5:36 am

Marks deserves to be fired honestly for making that trade. It was a high risk/high reward move but its unforgivable given the we somehow are in the exact same situation we were after the Celtics trade.

No GM in the league would have not done that trade if you got a chance to have harden, kyrie, and KD. A risk but you cant gm scared with a chance to become an automatic title contender.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,390

Post#25 » by Marvin Martian » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:32 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

The Harden trade was not the mistake. It was the Simmons trade that was the mistake. A regular all star would have this team slightly above .500. Instead we got a scrub. Watford does everything that we expected Simmons to do (which wasn't much) and then some.

Honestly nobody knew Simmons was done playing basketball. And what else were we getting for Harden? He was demanding to go to the Sixers and was about to be a free agent.

Simmons could have been sent to a 3rd team like TOR or CHI who are looking at a rebuild. Instead of acquiring a decent all star like Siakam, Marks fell for Ben's PR scam, believing that PHI was the problem and not Ben himself.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,917

Post#26 » by Karate Diop » Wed Jan 3, 2024 7:02 am

This team can't score... Bridges really needs to start forcing the the issue, it's probably the best option we've got. Enough of this equal opportunity BS.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#27 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 11:26 am

I think it’s safe to say that the team has given up on the coach and wants him gone
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 220

Post#28 » by ChuckS » Wed Jan 3, 2024 2:11 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:

No GM in the league would have not done that trade if you got a chance to have harden, kyrie, and KD. A risk but you cant gm scared with a chance to become an automatic title contender.

In spite of how everything turned out, I agree. I'm more perturbed by what we did or didn't do this summer or thus far. And I feel stupid about complaining because I think it would be unwise for Tsai to pay the repeater tax for this caliber of play. So it is possible that we had no other choice, but I don't think so, even with the tax limitations.

I have an eerie feeling that we've been sold a "pig in a poke". With great slight of hand we've been convinced that talent is bad and culture, even if it means mediocrity or worse, is improvement. Compare us to where the Suns, Mavs, and Clippers are with our cast offs. We've been so excited about our new youthful timeline. What follows is not a player complaint. It is more the sheer numbers, and possible alternatives, than the players themselves. But nine of our roster consist of a few promising but currently not game changing rookies, and six others, playable to various degrees, one half to two million dollar placebos.

Weigh that to what the Lakers, or more noticeably the Knicks with lesser stars (than LA) have done with incremental improvement. Unless there is a drastic reversal of recent play, I believe that is where we now are. If so, and most likely any trade will involve some in our good core, it is probable that the players know, and that could be another reason for such an abrupt collapse. I'm just guessing of course.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,601

Post#29 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 3, 2024 4:01 pm

This is starting to remind me of a deeper version of the 2015-2016 team. Good NBA players on the roster, a bad coach that refuses to accept accountability, and subpar PG play that drags down the performance of the entire team. That year, after Jarrett Jack went down, things went from bad to worse.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#30 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:10 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:

Thats simply not true. Plenty of GMs chose not to make rash moves.

Even if they told Houston they would not give away any pick swaps that would have been more than fair

Then we stand pat and if he goes to Philly do be it.

The Harden trade was just a panic move. It was not the smart thing to do. We could have made upgrades that made more sense and didn't gut the future.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#31 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:11 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:

Simmons could have been sent to a 3rd team like TOR or CHI who are looking at a rebuild. Instead of acquiring a decent all star like Siakam, Marks fell for Ben's PR scam, believing that PHI was the problem and not Ben himself.

Yeah thats true. But like I said nobody predicted Simmons would end up this bad this quickly.

That move didn't mortgage the future. We should have learned our lesson from the Celtics trade.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#32 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:14 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:This is starting to remind me of a deeper version of the 2015-2016 team. Good NBA players on the roster, a bad coach that refuses to accept accountability, and subpar PG play that drags down the performance of the entire team. That year, after Jarrett Jack went down, things went from bad to worse.

That team sucked though :lol:

This team has WAY more talent. There is simply no excuse for us to be this bad.

Bridges/Cam J/Claxton should be enough to be a .500 team.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,601

Post#33 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:19 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:This is starting to remind me of a deeper version of the 2015-2016 team. Good NBA players on the roster, a bad coach that refuses to accept accountability, and subpar PG play that drags down the performance of the entire team. That year, after Jarrett Jack went down, things went from bad to worse.

That team sucked though :lol:

This team has WAY more talent. There is simply no excuse for us to be this bad.

Bridges/Cam J/Claxton should be enough to be a .500 team.

Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Thad Young and Bojan were all good, starting caliber players. The bench did suck, but they still underachieved due to coaching and PG play. Yes this team is more talented, especially off the bench, but they're also underachieving due to coaching and PG play.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#34 » by Eatgreenz » Wed Jan 3, 2024 7:47 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:

Thats simply not true. Plenty of GMs chose not to make rash moves.

Even if they told Houston they would not give away any pick swaps that would have been more than fair

Then we stand pat and if he goes to Philly do be it.

The Harden trade was just a panic move. It was not the smart thing to do. We could have made upgrades that made more sense and didn't gut the future.

Remember that was with kyrie doing what he does. So harden was supposed be insurance for him.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 265

Post#35 » by Dangun » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:31 pm

Caught the highlights and box score this morning and it looked oogly.. told y’all that bucks games would be the start of the downfall. It feels like the players had enough and said f JV after all his bs nonsense.. how does 3 main players put up zero points.. JV better do something fast cause there’s a big ouchie that he caused and it’s raining blood

Return to Brooklyn Nets