Blazers at Nets 1/7

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,040

Re: Blazers at Nets 1/7 

Post#21 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:42 pm

The defense is just hilariously bad.

This was supposed to be a good defensive team its one of the worst in the league. Why do we keep doubling? Why can't anybody guard anyone?

I hate blaming the coach but even if I'm starting to shift on that. We are CLUELESS on defense.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#22 » by Decipher » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:04 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:The defense is just hilariously bad.

This was supposed to be a good defensive team its one of the worst in the league. Why do we keep doubling? Why can't anybody guard anyone?

I hate blaming the coach but even if I'm starting to shift on that. We are CLUELESS on defense.

Read on Twitter
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#23 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:42 am

Decipher wrote:

Read on Twitter

Its insane.

Is Vaughn brain dead.

I would rather let Simons score 50 then keep giving up wide open 3s over and over again.

Hes not **** Kobe. Eventually he will tire out. NOTHING is worse than giving up so many wide open 3s to good shooters.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,390

Post#24 » by Marvin Martian » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:28 am

Decipher wrote:

Read on Twitter

Anybody and everybody can shoot in today's NBA. This defense is moronic
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#25 » by Decipher » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:55 am

Don’t worry, things are looking up

Read on Twitter
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,917

Post#26 » by Karate Diop » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:37 am

I expected the Nets to end the year in the 38-40 win range, so they're not too far off that pace, but it doesn't make their recent play any more disheartening... I really hope that Marks makes a move by the trade deadline just to chart a better course for the next few years.

We're in that Bulls level of suckitude right now where our best case scenario is a play-in team with no possibility of advancing.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#27 » by JoseRizal » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:51 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Vaughn gone yet? Oh wait, he's signed through next season too.

Stup'd knee jerk long term signing by Marks... :banghead:
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,601

Post#28 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:20 pm

JoseRizal wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Vaughn gone yet? Oh wait, he's signed through next season too.

Stup'd knee jerk long term signing by Marks... :banghead:

It's just money, and it's never been reported how much money Vaughn gets. Sportskeeda, not sure how reliable it is, estimates his salary as $3-$4mil. If that's accurate, it's half of what Udoka makes and less than a third of what Monty Williams makes. Tsai could easily send him packing at any time. Basically it was a thanks for being a good soldier golden parachute.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#29 » by Stone » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:01 pm

Brooklyn/Marks has taken exceptionally good care of JV. He was the highest paint assistant in the NBA at one point. Best guess is 4,000,000+

But the big question is WHAT HAPPENED? I know I feel to a certain degree that the rug got pulled out from under us. We we going fine up until that western road trip, that game against the Kings seemed to expose us. We fought hard and walked away with a win the next game against the Suns. But after that Suns game we have not been the same, and it is snowballing with no end in sight.

If we do get rid of JV, where do go from there? Hand the keys to Kevin Ollie? Or do we keep JV and get rid of some or all of the assistants and hope that is where this glitch is coming from?

No doubt we are in a tight spot. Joe Tsai and Sean Marks have been hiding in the shadows, as fans it would be nice to hear from them on the direction of team.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,390

Post#30 » by Marvin Martian » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:35 pm

Stone wrote:Brooklyn/Marks has taken exceptionally good care of JV. He was the highest paint assistant in the NBA at one point. Best guess is 4,000,000+

But the big question is WHAT HAPPENED? I know I feel to a certain degree that the rug got pulled out from under us. We we going fine up until that western road trip, that game against the Kings seemed to expose us. We fought hard and walked away with a win the next game against the Suns. But after that Suns game we have not been the same, and it is snowballing with no end in sight.

If we do get rid of JV, where do go from there? Hand the keys to Kevin Ollie? Or do we keep JV and get rid of some or all of the assistants and hope that is where this glitch is coming from?

No doubt we are in a tight spot. Joe Tsai and Sean Marks have been hiding in the shadows, as fans it would be nice to hear from them on the direction of team.

The rug was pulled when 7/11 wanted out. JV was extended because of how he performed when they were here. He was not brought in to be a rebuilding/player development coach.

We need to get rid of everyone from that era and start fresh
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#31 » by Stone » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:46 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Stone wrote:Brooklyn/Marks has taken exceptionally good care of JV. He was the highest paint assistant in the NBA at one point. Best guess is 4,000,000+

The rug was pulled when 7/11 wanted out. JV was extended because of how he performed when they were here. He was not brought in to be a rebuilding/player development coach.

We need to get rid of everyone from that era and start fresh

I was referring to this season. If we are talking about past seasons, the Harden trade was when the rug was truly pulled out. Between the loss our first round picks, the swaps of every other years first round picks and Bens unmovable contract.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 265

Post#32 » by Dangun » Mon Jan 8, 2024 9:01 pm

Wasn’t able to watch the game and caught highlights.. dam sharpe booboo looked bad.. hoping it’s nothing serious and fast recovery

Surprised simons didn’t have 50 the way Nets defending these days.. this team was supposed to be elite defensively, but that’s a lie.. cam t didn’t even play 20 min smh, but bridges finally didn’t scrub it up but a wasted performance. Nets and blazers should do a cam j and Simons deal.. simons and bridges would be a deadly 1-2.. and Simons is a way better PG than dummy so the PG needs get solved as well. Even though nets lost this one looked fun, hate missing close games..
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,382

Post#33 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jan 8, 2024 9:35 pm

Dangun wrote:Wasn’t able to watch the game and caught highlights.. dam sharpe booboo looked bad.. hoping it’s nothing serious and fast recovery

Surprised simons didn’t have 50 the way Nets defending these days.. this team was supposed to be elite defensively, but that’s a lie.. cam t didn’t even play 20 min smh, but bridges finally didn’t scrub it up but a wasted performance. Nets and blazers should do a cam j and Simons deal.. simons and bridges would be a deadly 1-2.. and Simons is a way better PG than dummy so the PG needs get solved as well. Even though nets lost this one looked fun, hate missing close games..

I said this about getting Simons before in the other thread, some guys here don't like the idea and think we should go after D Mitchell instead. I think Simons should be our guy
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#34 » by bubonicphoniks » Mon Jan 8, 2024 10:06 pm

I don't understand the JV hate. I think he has way over performed with this roster.

Now Nash was atrocious and cost this team championships/a whole decade....but JV has gotten this team to have some life early.

Yes we have slumoed as of late, but lets see what happens rest of the season. I think Marks needs to take a look in the mirror. I like him but I think he needs to do some tweaking.
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by Dangun » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:32 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Dangun wrote:Wasn’t able to watch the game and caught highlights.. dam sharpe booboo looked bad.. hoping it’s nothing serious and fast recovery

I said this about getting Simons before in the other thread, some guys here don't like the idea and think we should go after D Mitchell instead. I think Simons should be our guy

Indeed, Nets main priority should be trying to get this guy ASAP .. I was hoping knicks or Nets could get him with they late picks, I was even like just use the 9th pick knicks had for knox,.. I was hoping for sga or simons with that pick.. knew he was gonna become even better playing under lillard..

After realizing JV refusing to develop Thomas and most likely keep him as a super 6th, they need to chillout with dumdoodie and just trade for this guy .. was hoping either one of knicks or Nets to sign him during free agency last season, but I think cam j could make the trade work. Blazers need to develop scoot and sharpe, and fortunately they have no choice to choose scoot and sharpe over simons.. unless they wanna start all 3 of em which I highly doubt, and none of them will be coming off the bench so one gotta go

It’s kinda funny because simons is like Thomas with their fans. Not sure if he’s still gettin hated on, but I remember most of they fans wanted nada to do with him.. Both teams need to fill positions of need so I think cam j and Simons would make it work perfectly since they contracts match up too. I think blazers are looking to do a total rebuild so Nets need to chase hard ASAP
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by Dangun » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:38 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:I don't understand the JV hate. I think he has way over performed with this roster.

Now Nash was atrocious and cost this team championships/a whole decade....but JV has gotten this team to have some life early.

Yes we have slumoed as of late, but lets see what happens rest of the season. I think Marks needs to take a look in the mirror. I like him but I think he needs to do some tweaking.

I be cussing out JV but I’m okay with JV tbh.. that bucks game was the only time I just wanted him gone.. and I don’t agree with the way he’s handling Thomas , but that could change.. none of us have any choice but to roll with JV anyway haha
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,613

Post#37 » by JRoy » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:24 am

Papi_swav wrote:

What do you think a deal for Simons would look like?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,382

Post#38 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:43 pm

JRoy wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

I don't think we have what you guys would want. I mean we have alot of picks but I don't see Nets giving up more than maybe 2 for Simons and I'm sure Blazers would probably want 3 or better. We would have to put Cam Johnson or Dinwiddie in the trade to match salary. Maybe something like Cam Thomas, Cam Johnson and 2 firsts? something of that nature is probably what Nets will offer in my opinion.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,613

Post#39 » by JRoy » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:58 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
JRoy wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I said this about getting Simons before in the other thread, some guys here don't like the idea and think we should go after D Mitchell instead. I think Simons should be our guy

I don't think we have what you guys would want. I mean we have alot of picks but I don't see Nets giving up more than maybe 2 for Simons and I'm sure Blazers would probably want 3 or better. We would have to put Cam Johnson or Dinwiddie in the trade to match salary. Maybe something like Cam Thomas, Cam Johnson and 2 firsts? something of that nature is probably what Nets will offer in my opinion.

Tough to find a trade that works for both teams.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#40 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:20 pm

Vaughn has had a very bad year after I think he did a great job all things considered last year.

Firing him mid way through the season won't really do much though. I think we have to ride out this year and look for a better coach in the off season.

We need an Atkinson type to develop the young guys and whos more in touch with the modern game.

Trades need to be made though.

Return to Brooklyn Nets