RealGM
And1: 36,911

Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Steve Rogers 

Post#841 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:42 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:
i can buy the whole Jaqen is Syrio idea. I've suspected as much myself because of his odd attachment to Arya and Syrio's death offscreen. That being said, the idea that the original Jaqen was paid to be beheaded in Ned's place is a bit much. Who gets paid to be a sacrificial lamb?

Spoiler:
I hope ned isnt alive.... for me what i love about game of thrones is the realness that sometimes good people die, an a non-heroic way, and life goes on. not your typical good guy comes in, overcomes struggle, prevails. I mean sure every now and then if you want to keep the hound alive or something thats cool. but to me the show loses its luster if you just keep brining back the john snows, ned starks, etc of the world.

Spoiler:
Bills: If the original Jaqen was a true faceless man then he gave his life to his God. Supposedly the theory goes that he utters All men must die when he is getting beheaded.

Prok: I feel you on the whole bringing people back from the dead. The only thing is that someone is going to have to confirm that Jon Snow is actually the rightful king being Rhagaers son. Who better to give that knowledge then Ned. There is a thing in the books that Ned's bones look like they are from a much smaller man.

If you want to get really good, we'll thought out theories, go to the order of the greenhand on YouTube. They will blow your mind.

Spoiler:
Ned does mutter something, it could be that. Still, where would Ned be after all this time while his family has been butchered?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jagger-meister
Junior
And1: 49

Post#842 » by Jagger-meister » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Spoiler:
I hope ned isnt alive.... for me what i love about game of thrones is the realness that sometimes good people die, an a non-heroic way, and life goes on. not your typical good guy comes in, overcomes struggle, prevails. I mean sure every now and then if you want to keep the hound alive or something thats cool. but to me the show loses its luster if you just keep brining back the john snows, ned starks, etc of the world.

Spoiler:
Bills: If the original Jaqen was a true faceless man then he gave his life to his God. Supposedly the theory goes that he utters All men must die when he is getting beheaded.

Prok: I feel you on the whole bringing people back from the dead. The only thing is that someone is going to have to confirm that Jon Snow is actually the rightful king being Rhagaers son. Who better to give that knowledge then Ned. There is a thing in the books that Ned's bones look like they are from a much smaller man.

If you want to get really good, we'll thought out theories, go to the order of the greenhand on YouTube. They will blow your mind.

Spoiler:
Ned does mutter something, it could be that. Still, where would Ned be after all this time while his family has been butchered?

Spoiler:
That is a good question. Getting back north at that point was nearly impossible because of all of the fighting. He would have to pass the Lannister army, the Ironborn and the Boltons. They say he either went to the Neck with Howland Reed or more likely to Pentos if Varys helped him
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#843 » by twosevenstreet » Tue Mar 7, 2017 7:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
What if we get to the end of the series and Bran is simply ability to go back and change all of the events that occurred, starting with him climbing the wall to see Jaime and Cersei? Everything will be for naught.
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
twosevenstreet
Senior

Post#844 » by twosevenstreet » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:03 pm

So I found the gif that I want to use as my avatar, it's from gyfcat and I still can't use it. Help me jesus. It's in my signature.
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#845 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 8, 2017 7:20 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That is a good question. Getting back north at that point was nearly impossible because of all of the fighting. He would have to pass the Lannister army, the Ironborn and the Boltons. They say he either went to the Neck with Howland Reed or more likely to Pentos if Varys helped him

Spoiler:
Hmm...Varys having Ned Stark as a Trump card would only make sense if Ned would be the one to confirm Jon Snow's true identity.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#846 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 8, 2017 7:21 pm

twosevenstreet wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
What if we get to the end of the series and Bran is simply ability to go back and change all of the events that occurred, starting with him climbing the wall to see Jaime and Cersei? Everything will be for naught.

Spoiler:
That's right...Bran can apparently muck with the timeline.

twosevenstreet
Senior

Post#847 » by twosevenstreet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Simple question:

Why be a fan of a team if every single thing they do is to your disliking?

If I watched a tv show, say walking dead, and it stopped being good and the producers were making bad choices, why would I stick around? Sports is entertainment, and I wasn't being entertained, then what is the point?
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,824

Post#848 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:17 pm

LensCrafters: So with the price of your frames and with 50% off your lenses and taking into account your insurance, altogether your total would be $588.
Me: Thank you for your time, but no thank you.

Two years ago, with less expensive frames and an identical prescription, they were $350.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#849 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Rich Rane wrote:LensCrafters: So with the price of your frames and with 50% off your lenses and taking into account your insurance, altogether your total would be $588.

Two years ago, with less expensive frames and an identical prescription, they were $350.

what did you do with the extra $188? :D
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#850 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:49 pm

twosevenstreet wrote:Simple question:

Why be a fan of a team if every single thing they do is to your disliking?

If I watched a tv show, say walking dead, and it stopped being good and the producers were making bad choices, why would I stick around? Sports is entertainment, and I wasn't being entertained, then what is the point?

Sports are different.... its a regional connection. its more like that relative you dont really like but at the end of the day they are still family
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,824

Post#851 » by Rich Rane » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:LensCrafters: So with the price of your frames and with 50% off your lenses and taking into account your insurance, altogether your total would be $588.

what did you do with the extra $188? :D

I rolled it all into a ball and walked up to the hottest woman at the bar and pitched it at her face. Then I yelled "SUP?!". You know how I do.
twosevenstreet
Senior

Post#852 » by twosevenstreet » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:39 pm

anyone interested in a bracket challenge?
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#853 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:11 pm

twosevenstreet wrote:anyone interested in a bracket challenge?

I enjoy the tournament so much more when I don't make a bracket. I can enjoy upsets and just sit back and root for both teams.

Instead of getting pissed over the fact that two teams I never watched this season screwed up my first round bracket, I can just watch them play and not have to worry that I missed out on money that I had a 1 in a quadrillion chance of getting. :lol:
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#854 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:17 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Nice. I recently started playing a decent amount again.

I play in a monthly game and when I can, in a weekly tournament as well. Nothing crazy. Also try to get to Sands once or twice a month, mainly play 1/2 these days, although still some 2/5 as well.

I still love to play, wish it was as lucrative as it once was for me, now without all the other vices I attached to it which ruined my pro aspirations haha.

How's it going, guy?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#855 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Those original Penny's are to this day the most comfortable sneakers known to man.

Finally snagged a pair on stockX

Wife's pissed not happy with the purchase "how many gym shoes do you need?!" although no better time to be in the dog house then tournament time when i can hide at a bar from noon to midnight :lol:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#856 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:

I play in a monthly game and when I can, in a weekly tournament as well. Nothing crazy. Also try to get to Sands once or twice a month, mainly play 1/2 these days, although still some 2/5 as well.

I still love to play, wish it was as lucrative as it once was for me, now without all the other vices I attached to it which ruined my pro aspirations haha.

How's it going, guy?

Well I had the weirdest F'in dream last night...

Apple created this mind control software that made you randomly trip like you're on 3 hits of acid for random unknown amounts of time. It would come and go and it was concealed in some app that as soon as you downloaded it and opened it you yourself, the user were infected.

Our government was backing it and even promoting it, saying it was safe.

Jeremy Lin was leading the resistance in the underground and somehow I linked up with him. We were struggling though because we would randomly trip balls and never knew what was real and what was hallucinations.

Right before I woke up the government had captured Lin and was hot on my trail.

F'ing weird and it fealt so real, scary **** lol. Can't make this stuff up, this is my crazy brain at work while sleeping. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: RTT IV: Sponsored by Steve Rogers 

Post#857 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Jersey Generals wrote:

How's it going, guy?

Well I had the weirdest F'in dream last night...

Apple created this mind control software that made you randomly trip like you're on 3 hits of acid for random unknown amounts of time. It would come and go and it was concealed in some app that as soon as you downloaded it and opened it you yourself, the user were infected.

Jeremy Lin was leading the resistance in the underground and somehow I linked up with him. We were struggling though because we would randomly trip balls and never knew what was real and what was hallucinations.

F'ing weird and it fealt so real, scary **** lol. Can't make this stuff up, this is my crazy brain at work while sleeping.

Whatever you're taking...keep taking it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#858 » by Jersey Generals » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:47 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Well I had the weirdest F'in dream last night...

F'ing weird and it fealt so real, scary **** lol. Can't make this stuff up, this is my crazy brain at work while sleeping. :lol:

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#859 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:51 pm

BTW, don't remember if I ever followed up on it, but this Acer Chromebook is all types of awesome for interwebbing and the such. Really love this thing and got a great price at the time on a factory Refurb from Acer.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#860 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hmm...Varys having Ned Stark as a Trump card would only make sense if Ned would be the one to confirm Jon Snow's true identity.

Yo Jagger did you see the latest teaser trailer for season 7?

Spoiler:
Seeing Cersei with the cold breath...that was a very ominous sign.

This is the most anticipation I've had for Game of Thrones in years because NO ONE KNOWS what will happen. The book readers used to ruin everything with their rampant spoilers.

Return to Brooklyn Nets