Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Re: Official: Garnett, Pierce, Terry, White Traded To Nets 

Post#1041 » by Vator » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Epic post jerseyjac...epic post. :bowdown:

I hope Brook doesn't wind up having the same fate as Yao Ming. I've been where you guys sit. High expectations dashed away by freak injuries just like that. Yao was a beast. Tracy McGrady was too. Then they were gone just like that. Brook is probably the most dominant and skilled scorer from the center position in the whole NBA just like Yao was. Good luck guys. Hopefully he can get his feet right.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#1042 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:37 pm

jerseyjac wrote:Championship or bust, right? Well, I guess we know that answer now...

I just love reading through this thread, the hype, the what if...now you can call it what you want...you can demand whoever's head on a platter and flip the script in a short couple of months because the fact was we went all in on a risky hand...and you were fine with it...it just so happens everything that could possibly go wrong from injuries to chemistry to coaching to our awful defense ended upside down and backwards leaving a huge world of suck for Nets fans...

Someone said to me recently King built a paper championship. Turned out they were also made of paper and now you want to stand in the corner and whine about it?

The fact is, you were all on board...hindsight is 20/20 and you all knew what we were getting into, what we gave up, what we were looking at potentially if this didn't work out...You knew we were going for broke, and now that we're in a bust type scenario, you want to go back and say we shouldn't of gave up the farm...

Well let me remind all of you...

I honestly have more issue with the Atlanta pick swap and the Wallace trade than the PP and KG trade.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
enetric
RealGM
And1: 169

Post#1043 » by enetric » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:07 pm

jerseyjac wrote:Championship or bust, right? Well, I guess we know that answer now...

I just love reading through this thread, the hype, the what if...now you can call it what you want...you can demand whoever's head on a platter and flip the script in a short couple of months because the fact was we went all in on a risky hand...and you were fine with it...it just so happens everything that could possibly go wrong from injuries to chemistry to coaching to our awful defense ended upside down and backwards leaving a huge world of suck for Nets fans...

Someone said to me recently King built a paper championship. Turned out they were also made of paper and now you want to stand in the corner and whine about it?

The fact is, you were all on board...hindsight is 20/20 and you all knew what we were getting into, what we gave up, what we were looking at potentially if this didn't work out...You knew we were going for broke, and now that we're in a bust type scenario, you want to go back and say we shouldn't of gave up the farm...

Well let me remind all of you...

As the "someone" you recently spoke to about what we built...I agree completely... 8-)

Enough with the Billy King off with his head posts immediately following the injury. It is incredibly ill timed to lay that at his feet. Not that I can support the cavalier way he has squandered pieces such as the (Lillard) lottery pick he gave up for Crash but this summer he made the final moves to bring it all together. If you supported it then...you cant rip him now for the injuries and decline of our players. As JJ said...that was always the risk of going all in. We accepted it then...have to live with the consequences now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1044 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:32 am

what about the pick swap? Are you going to excuse that as well?

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#1045 » by DarkXaero » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:29 am

I supported the moves that Billy King made over the offseason but even at the time, I said that Billy King had hugely overpaid in the trade because no one was going to offer close to that. I said at the time that while I loved what the trade did for the team, I didn't like what was given because it could really end up hurting the team.

The JJ trade is arguably the worst out of all his moves, because not only did he take on a top 3 worst contract i the league which killed our cap flexiblity in the future, he also gave away two pick swaps and another 1st round pick for NO REASON. It really should have been Atlanta giving us a pick or two for dumping JJ's awful contract, but somehow King ends up doing the impossible. Now those two pick swaps can easily turn out to be two high lotto picks, making an immediate rebuild scenario impossible.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#1046 » by Boarder Patrol » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:53 am

What other teams were said to be in the mix for Pierce and Garnett? What packages were rumored to be offered, or what packages could have hypothetically been offered?
Xerxes_Tetra
Junior
And1: 177

Post#1047 » by Xerxes_Tetra » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Frankly this is on KG. KG isn't performing anywhere near where he was last year. Kg has a on/off rating of -9 (http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BKN.HTM). Last year he was +5.9. The year before that he was +10.5. He's shot 49-50% the last several years and this year he's shooting 37%. If the KG of last year showed up or even a slight drop from last year and the Nets would be .500+ even with the injuries. The Celtics were a .500 last year with just KG and Pierce and a bunch of scrubs.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,889

Post#1048 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:03 pm

I was a huge supporter of the KG/Pierce trade at the time, and we can't act like we all werent. We were.

And blaming BK for it now is idiotic.

A team of
Deron
JJ
Pierce
KG
Lopez

Should have been a top 3 team in the East.

I blame King, but I blame the players more. Much more. We had the pieces to compete for a championship. We really did.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#1049 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I was a huge supporter of the KG/Pierce trade at the time, and we can't act like we all werent. We were.

And blaming BK for it now is idiotic.

A team of
Deron
JJ
Pierce
KG
Lopez

Should have been a top 3 team in the East.

I blame King, but I blame the players more. Much more. We had the pieces to compete for a championship. We really did.

I think what people blamed King for at the time was not the idea of the trade, we definitely needed to make a trade to get better.

But there were a lot of people that pointed out that we overpaid for them. VC4P and DarkXaero come to mind. I didn't really think we overpaid, because I figured that the draft picks we gave up weren't going to be that great.

But it was just a Billy King move. Throw draft picks away because he's so overconfident that his trade is going to work. What if it didn't work out? What if the team got hit with injuries and KG/Pierce look their age, kind of like exactly what's happened? Then we're sending out great picks.

And now do you understand the idiocy of the JJ trade? We're gifting Atlanta draft picks AFTER we did them a favor and took JJ off their hands.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#1050 » by therealbig3 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:02 am

Xerxes_Tetra wrote:Frankly this is on KG. KG isn't performing anywhere near where he was last year. Kg has a on/off rating of -9 (http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BKN.HTM). Last year he was +5.9. The year before that he was +10.5. He's shot 49-50% the last several years and this year he's shooting 37%. If the KG of last year showed up or even a slight drop from last year and the Nets would be .500+ even with the injuries. The Celtics were a .500 last year with just KG and Pierce and a bunch of scrubs.

Outside of injuries, I put most of the blame on Pierce and KG. They've played nowhere close to what they were even last year, and in fact have been liabilities most of the time.

The people that put most of the blame on Deron annoy me, because he's got his flaws, and yeah, it's blatantly obvious that he's not CP3, but he's still a really good player. He's still our best player. And if the players around him actually played well, we wouldn't be losing games. He's averaged 17/10 since coming back from his injury, on elite efficiency. He's had his superstar moments. Exactly how much more do you want out of him? Is it his fault that KG can't make layups OR wide open jumpers? Or that Pierce has bricked most of his open looks this season? Or that Pierce is a TO machine that throws the ball right at the opposing team? Or that KG isn't playing anywhere close to the elite defense he played last year?

The guys who we thought would be difference makers compared to last year's team have played like scrubs, that's the real issue.

I'm disappointed in Deron, because he's so damn injury-prone, but when I watch a game, I'm not seeing him going out there and playing like a scrub. Often times, he's looked like the only player that should be playing for an NBA team.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#1051 » by OFWGKTA » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 pm

I'm not saying Boston sucks, but the city and every sports team from Boston and their fans suck. Tom Brady needs to die. Go Yankees, especially A-Rod.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
occelticsfan24
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#1052 » by occelticsfan24 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:27 pm

OFWGKTA wrote:I'm not saying Boston sucks, but the city and every sports team from Boston and their fans suck. Tom Brady needs to die. Go Yankees, especially A-Rod.

Yeah, Boston and our fans really do suck.

Joe DiMaggio > Ted Williams

Devils, Rangers, Islanders > Bruins

Go A-Rod.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,825

Post#1053 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:47 pm

occelticsfan24 wrote:
OFWGKTA wrote:I'm not saying Boston sucks, but the city and every sports team from Boston and their fans suck. Tom Brady needs to die. Go Yankees, especially A-Rod.

Yeah, Boston and our fans really do suck.

Joe DiMaggio > Ted Williams

Devils, Rangers, Islanders > Bruins

Go A-Rod.

Wow, some really nice Boston fans lately. Thanks, guys!
Trippinskarlo
Rookie
And1: 1,326

Post#1054 » by Trippinskarlo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Yea after how crazy you guys went for this trade and thought you **** us I'm feeling pretty bad right now. Why are you mad at celtics fans? Was the understanding not short term vs. long term?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Re: Official: Garnett, Pierce, Terry, White Traded To Nets 

Post#1055 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Trippinskarlo wrote:Yea after how crazy you guys went for this trade and thought you **** us I'm feeling pretty bad right now. Why are you mad at celtics fans? Was the understanding not short term vs. long term?

Except, we don't give a sh*t about the Celtics. We didn't invade your forum. We thought we made a deal to get better and it didn't pan out. Celtic fans gloating and wishing we go through injuries or turmoil is classless and pathetic. It's that simple.
Trippinskarlo
Rookie

Post#1056 » by Trippinskarlo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Paradise wrote:
Trippinskarlo wrote:Yea after how crazy you guys went for this trade and thought you **** us I'm feeling pretty bad right now. Why are you mad at celtics fans? Was the understanding not short term vs. long term?

Except, we don't give a sh*t about the Celtics. We didn't invade your forum. We thought we made a deal to get better and it didn't pan out. Celtic fans gloating and wishing we go through injuries or turmoil is classless and pathetic. It's that simple.

Haven't seen any gloating close to this thread and if you can find any posts besides a random troll seriously wishing injuries then pls link or stfu.
Trippinskarlo
Rookie

Post#1057 » by Trippinskarlo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 am

And the only reason you don't care about the celtics is because you don't own there picks. If you had 2 unprotected first rounds and right to swap from from celtics in the next three years you wouldn't care about there future? GTFO.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1058 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 am

Please stop trolling our forum.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,825

Post#1059 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:02 am

Trippinskarlo wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Haven't seen any gloating close to this thread and if you can find any posts besides a random troll seriously wishing injuries then pls link or stfu.

A non-Nets fan bumping a thread on the the Nets Board is considered trolling here. Apologies if your feelings are hurt. Please don't address this any further as it doesn't need to be addressed any further.
Trippinskarlo
Rookie

Post#1060 » by Trippinskarlo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Please stop trolling our forum.

I was just browsing until I felt we were attacked for dumb reasons. I'm gone. I like your forum and browse regularly without posting.

Return to Brooklyn Nets