Official Pierce & KG Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Pierce & KG Thread 

Post#221 » by Prokorov » Fri May 23, 2014 4:20 pm

im 50/50 on if im happy KG is back....

with him back, we have no shot to get under the luxury tax this year. which isnt the end of the world and im not sure it would have been worth it even if we did, although it does end the stephenson pipe dream, who i'd have loved to have seen here.

I hope KG accepts a bench role, i really want plumlee to start. i think he can really have a year 2 like his brother just had with the suns. i want to see him develope into a long term solution here.

I dont want to see KG at power foward. its a failed experiment. i dont want to go back to what made us 10-21. and if KG is at center it makes it even more likely lopez is traded, which would make the offseason a massive success for me
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#222 » by NyCeEvO » Fri May 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:I hope KG accepts a bench role, i really want plumlee to start. i think he can really have a year 2 like his brother just had with the suns. i want to see him develope into a long term solution here.

Miles Plumlee started off well and then IMO really tailed off.

Mason beats his brother in about every advanced stat per 36 save for rebounding. If he can learn to box out (which should correlate to better rebounding), he'd clearly be better than his brother IMO.

I dont want to see KG at power foward. its a failed experiment. i dont want to go back to what made us 10-21. and if KG is at center it makes it even more likely lopez is traded, which would make the offseason a massive success for me

Agreed. KG should not play PF anymore. We said it before the season started and we were proven to be correct after seeing us start with that. Regardless of whether Brook is here or not, KG needs to be a C.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#223 » by exculpatory » Fri May 23, 2014 8:40 pm

BklynNets wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Because it's the NY Post, I take it with a grain of salt. With that said, if it's true it would be a sigh of relief. It would be the 2nd sign (the 1st being D-Will getting surgery) that the offseason wouldn't be a total failure.

I look forward to seeing what are big man rotation looks like when the dust from the offseason settles and we're heading into the regular season.

Hmmm.

If KG stays, Paul will stay.

That means you guys may be stuck with me for another year.

You're welcome here anytime. They are playing for an organization which is committed to winning. The fact they have the highest tax bill and are overspending shows you they do not care what it's going to take to get it done. If Dwill comes back healthy as well as Brook and these two come back, we will definitely improve from the 44 win season we had. If healthy, I project a 55 win record for next season.

The issues which existed in November/December of 2013 won't be there. The chemistry has developed and communication on offense and defense is there; of course, execution down the stretch will be another factor but something they can absolutely work on.

Thanks.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#224 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Reports from ESPN are that KG is returning. I wish the Big Ticket would just hang 'em up...this coming from a KG fan from day 1. He's been my favorite player, by far, since he came into the league, and I can't even watch Nets games b/c he's 5% of the player he used to be. He was so brutal to watch last year. Yes, he can still make a positive impact and I'm sure he's still a great presence to have in the locker room. But strictly speaking as a KG fan, I wish he'd retire.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#225 » by therealbig3 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:55 am

kmgarnett21 wrote:Reports from ESPN are that KG is returning. I wish the Big Ticket would just hang 'em up...this coming from a KG fan from day 1. He's been my favorite player, by far, since he came into the league, and I can't even watch Nets games b/c he's 5% of the player he used to be. He was so brutal to watch last year. Yes, he can still make a positive impact and I'm sure he's still a great presence to have in the locker room. But strictly speaking as a KG fan, I wish he'd retire.

He was a 15/8 player during his last year in Boston, in 29.7 mpg.

He comes here, and he's a 7/7 player in 20.5 mpg.

I don't think he declined that much in a year. I think he was extremely underused...he was still an elite defender when he was on the court for the most part...he just can't play PF next to another big man anymore, he's strictly a C at this point.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#226 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:10 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
kmgarnett21 wrote:Reports from ESPN are that KG is returning. I wish the Big Ticket would just hang 'em up...this coming from a KG fan from day 1. He's been my favorite player, by far, since he came into the league, and I can't even watch Nets games b/c he's 5% of the player he used to be. He was so brutal to watch last year. Yes, he can still make a positive impact and I'm sure he's still a great presence to have in the locker room. But strictly speaking as a KG fan, I wish he'd retire.

He was a 15/8 player during his last year in Boston, in 29.7 mpg.

He comes here, and he's a 7/7 player in 20.5 mpg.

I don't think he declined that much in a year. I think he was extremely underused...he was still an elite defender when he was on the court for the most part...he just can't play PF next to another big man anymore, he's strictly a C at this point.

Don't let the numbers fool you. He declined, just like he's been declining year after year. I can't remember how many times I saw him be late on a defensive rotation or how many shots he should've blocked that he wasn't able to get to.

He simply hasn't aged as well as Duncan or Dirk have. I think the knee injury he suffered in year 2 in Boston really did him in. Ever since then, he's not been close to the same player, and, obviously, age is making it worse.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#227 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 pm

yeah garnett definitely declined and definitely was worn down later in the year. he couldnt finish ANYTHING. it was embarassing watching him blow shots in reggei evans/johan petro fashion from 3 feet in.

thats not to say he sucks. he is still a plus defender/defensive rebounder if you keep him at 15-20 minutes. but he isnt near the all-nba impact defender he once was, and offensively, it might be being nice to say he has a net nuetral effect

Return to Brooklyn Nets