ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Mason Sweeps The Leg

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Palmeirense
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Re: GT: Nets @ Heat - Tues, 4/8/14 8:00pm TNT 

Post#381 » by Palmeirense » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:42 am

Prokorov wrote:not only did we win, but we won while we turned it over a ton and missed FTs. that was huge.

Props to Anderson and Thornton. they gave us great effort in the 4th quarter.

overall i thought our defense was outstanding as well. made them settle for jumpers for the most part and had 9 or 10 steals

I thought Mirza did a wonderful job on LeBron defensively on the possessions in which he was guarding him.

Props to Jeff1624 for the sig
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#382 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:43 am

Palmeirense wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Palmeirense wrote:WHOOOO, 4-0 on those guys, we can hang with them. I still think they would win in a series, but don't give me the 35+ point crap again, we can hang with teams when focused.

its a different story with wade in the lineup for them. right now none of their gaurds can penetrate and finsih and get to the FT line.

but whatever im done discussing that. im focused on the bulls/raps and enjoying this win!

We were without Garnett who does a great job defending the paint. And it's not like we haven't beaten them with Wade on the floor, we already did that twice.

i realize that... i just think they miss wade alot more then we miss garnett. and wade is a 35-40 minute player in the playoffs as well. so thats mroe time they are missing from a star.

i dont see anyway we can win a series vs. them unless they have an injury to wade. but whatever, we have to get there first. so lets worry about that
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: PG: Mason Sweeps The Leg 

Post#383 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:44 am

On the second look, the ball was already coming out of his hands when Mason touched him.

I'm not sure it's a foul if the ball is already slipping out

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,448

Post#384 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:44 am

LOL Lebron crying
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#385 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:44 am

Palmeirense wrote:
stepbackj34 wrote:Not liking how Joe chucked instead of hitting a wide open Pierce..

Yeah, that was a terrible shot, but he makes them most of the times, though.

it was a bad shot... but i dont really mind it because we used all 24 seconds and joe can make those, especially late
bobbyc
Sixth Man
And1: 138

Post#386 » by bobbyc » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:48 am

We won, but does it doesn't matter that much.

We can't get the 3rd seed, we weren't dropping to 6th.

But, meeting them in the 2nd round will be extra fun. 4-0.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#387 » by therealbig3 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:48 am

MGrand15 wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:If we win this game, it's in spite of D-Will. And if we lose, it's because of him. He's been incapable of creating anything off the dribble, he's been missing his jumpers, he's committed dumb TOs, and he hasn't even hit his FTs.

I think it's pretty concerning how often he disappears against Miami. He's the one guy that consistently plays horrible whenever we play them.

Deron created that Thornton shot. Created the last Plumlee bucket. He got to the line.

Deron was clearly off but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. When he came back in the game in the 4th, he made his presence felt.

He got to the line and clanked 2 FTs. He didn't really create anything for Thornton, he was incapable of breaking down Rashard Lewis off the dribble and put Thornton in a tough spot...Thornton just made a great shot. Ditto with the Plumlee basket, he still needed to make the shot over a couple of defenders IIRC, Deron didn't really set him up all that well.

I'm pointing this stuff out, because Deron has played a lot better since the ASB. He's more or less been that star PG we've needed him to be...but I can't recall a single good game he's played against Miami as a member of the Nets. And it's like his BBIQ disappears, and his shooting ability is gone, and his ability to break people down off the dribble is nonexistent...sure, he'll do some good things out there, but I expect a lot more out of him, and tbh, I was extremely disappointed with the way he played today. He almost gave away the game actually. Horrible TO to end the 1st half which led to a layup for Cole, and then 2 missed FTs that would have put us up...if it wasn't for Thornton, Johnson, and Plumlee making tough shots, we would have lost.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#388 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:48 am

Awesome win! Don't care what it means for the playoffs, just want to enjoy the win.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#389 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:49 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:LOL Lebron crying

What else is new. He always does.
bobbyc
Sixth Man

Post#390 » by bobbyc » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:50 am

True, what is he sooo upset about. The block was clean and the NBA misses calls all the time. What is he thinking?
godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Post#391 » by godkingleonidas » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:50 am

If the Nets beat the Bulls in the first round, the Heat can expect to see them again in the 2nd round. Any predictions regarding a 2nd round meeting?

http://www.nbaplayoffsbracket.com/2014/index.php
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#392 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:52 am

bobbyc wrote:We won, but does it doesn't matter that much.

it was a huge win. not cause it was the heat, cause it was a good team on the ROAD. we need to start playing well on the road and having confidence there.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#393 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:53 am

bobbyc wrote:

True, what is he sooo upset about. The block was clean and the NBA misses calls all the time. What is he thinking?

he was pissed that he shot only as many FTs as the entire nets team. he was hoping to double us up :lol:
Palmeirense
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#394 » by Palmeirense » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:54 am

bobbyc wrote:

He's mad because heat still have not beaten Brooklyn this season. If we do face with them in the playoffs watch out, he's gonna go for blood, hopefully our guys will be ready.

Props to Jeff1624 for the sig
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,834

Post#395 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:55 am

Prokorov wrote:he shot only as many FTs as the entire nets team.

Holy :censored: , he did. Postgame comments are gonna be crazy.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#396 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:55 am

bobbyc wrote:We won, but does it doesn't matter that much.

We need to start working on good habits on the road. This helps with that.

It's also nice to send a message to the East.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,033

PG: Mason Sweeps The Leg 

Post#397 » by exculpatory » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:56 am

Great **** win!!! National TV! 4-0 VS the Heatles.

Wake up, America! What you saw tonight was the team that has gone 33-13 in CY 2014 - NOT what u saw 1 week ago @ MSG! Watch out NBA - Nets are coming in the POs!!!

43-34 & 2 games behind the Bulls & the Raps - unfortunately, too late to catch either one.

Plum was **** awesome & what a **** block on the crybaby Queen at the buzzer!!!
JJ 19 & Jesus clutch.
MT3 also freaking clutch - more than made up for his 3 dumb TOs.
Mrza hit some also.
AA with 2 clutch drives.
Paul 14 on 5-8 before he was foul - ****, clutch 3 in Q4 & 4-1-2-2 & great D. 3 dumb TOs.
SDot struggled.
DWill subpar game & W anyway!!!

PS Paul Pierce now with 24,995 points - >25K mother **** points by this time tomorrow!
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
bobbyc
Sixth Man

Post#398 » by bobbyc » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:56 am

Palmeirense wrote:
bobbyc wrote:

He's mad because heat still have not beaten Brooklyn this season. If we do face with them in the playoffs watch out, he's gonna go for blood, hopefully our guys will be ready.

He was out for blood in the 3rd game that we beat them. I didn't watch the first 3 quarters of this game, but he wasn't taking it easy out there or being passivein the 4th quarter in this game either. I just think its a favorable match up for us.
De8
Junior
And1: 54

Post#399 » by De8 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 2:58 am

dwill play bad and we still won, nice
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#400 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Apr 9, 2014 3:00 am

What I find funny is that guys who know they're hacked don't wait for the replay to go nuts and scream "See..I was hacked!"

There are so many times where LBJ gets a no-call and he runs and screams at the refs because he knows that he was fouled.

It wasn't until everyone gets an high definition, slow motion, up close view that he goes nuts.

It was clear that JJ touched LBJ but people are acting like he ripped his arm off. In real time, he touched his arm and quickly took his hand away.

It was a freaking end of the game situation. They don't make those calls.

On top of that, I hear people screaming that if it was KD, he would've been on the line.

I distinctly remember when LBJ clearly fouled KD in the NBA Finals at the end of Game 1 in 2012. Heat fans were spinning the situation back and forth to make it seem like it wasn't a foul. Anything to fit a narrative.

Return to Brooklyn Nets