ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 1 PG: The "North" Can't Handle The Truth!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Qhawe
Sixth Man
And1: 1,700

Re: Game 1 PG: The 

Post#881 » by Qhawe » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Image

BITCH.

I chucked, well done.

Boogie Williams: Favourite Raptor
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Game 1 PG: The 

Post#882 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm

JMAINE_PH wrote:"that's what i do" - Paul Pierce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YnwODYGeuM

You can hear KG say "Best in the business right here..." :lol:
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Re: Game 1 PG: The "North" Can't Handle The Truth! 

Post#883 » by Basileus777 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:57 pm

BKN was a plus-18 (55-37) in 23 min. w/ at least 4 starters on the floor yesterday. Minus-11 (39-50) in 25 min. w/ at least 2 reserves.

From John Schuhmann.

Encouraging numbers actually, we just need to hope Kidd figures out what to do with the rotation.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,910

Post#884 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Basileus777 wrote:
BKN was a plus-18 (55-37) in 23 min. w/ at least 4 starters on the floor yesterday. Minus-11 (39-50) in 25 min. w/ at least 2 reserves.

From John Schuhmann.

Encouraging numbers actually, we just need to hope Kidd figures out what to do with the rotation.

This is an indictment on the bench. Plumlee is the only reserve worth a damn at this point
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: NETS @ RAPTORS - Game 1 Saturday, 4/19/14 12:30pm E 

Post#885 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:35 pm

VCRJKidd15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:I cant see anything but toronto blowing us out in game 1:

- on the road
- we have been playing like garbage
- we will be super rusty since no one played
- sloppy play seems likely with kidd no emphasizing we compete the last week or so
- raps will be fired up as will their fans

i see this as alike a 108-100 win for the raps in a game thats never close and they lead by 10-20 for most if the game.

seriously fck kidd
Good job m8

as ive said numerous times in the past.... im glad i was wrong
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#886 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:37 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
Skeezo wrote: NY (Brooklyn) will always be respected, but if you don't wanna give your Little Brother to the North their just due, then we just gonna take it...

#WeTheNorth

You should try harder next time. Cause you didn't take anything today.

seriously... and even if the raps beat us, they wont earn any respect, because no one takes canadia seriously anyhow.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#887 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Basileus777 wrote:

From John Schuhmann.

Kidd doesnt need to do anything with the rotations... this is just how role players play on the road in the playoffs. go back to any long series and that always plays out. its why the home team usually wins when it goes 7. last years spurs/miami series was a perfect example.

inn BK, those shots will go down more, and their role guys who be as good
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#888 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Raptors fans pregame: "experience doesnt matter, our youth will prevail"

Raptors fans postgame: "win or lose we are gaining valuable playoff experience"
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,823

Post#889 » by Rich Rane » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Palmeirense wrote:
Skeezo wrote:What's up Brooklyn fans?

I'll do my best not to come across as a so-called douche-bag to serve my point...

In our eyes, NY (Brooklyn) is Toronto's big brother... Like any sibling rivalry, little brother wants to be noticed & respected by Big Brother... Canadians are known across the world as being some of the most polite & friendly people you could meet, unfortunately unlike our U.S neighbours, Americans have the reputation of being brash & arrogant. I don't say this as a bad thing cause sometimes you need some of that if you want to be the best and obviously over the years America has consistently shown why they are leaders in the world.

When Hip Hop was in it's golden age 85-95, NY artists were aggressive, gritty, and pulled no punches... They apologized for nothing and didn't care what anyone else thought... This was NY where it all started... Believe it or not we were up on all of it... From the humbling beginnings of Def Jam to the crazy amount of different sounds of crew and cliques such as Native Tongues , Boot Camp, Def/Hit Squad, Wu-Tang, DITC, Gangstarr Foundation, BDP, etc etc...

When you share the largest unguarded border in the world with U.S it is very tough not to be influenced by American media, news, politics, sports, business and entertainment. I swear sometimes I think I know more about American history then some Americans do...

On the flip side you know nothing about us, nor do you care to want to know anything about us. I would be shocked if any number of you could name even 5 provinces (no we don't have states)... That's a scary thought... Whether it be education or just being so self involved in the U.S being the center of the universe, I just think it's the pot calling the kettle black when looking at our fan base and saying we are douchebags, trollers, or arrogant...

I think finally Canadians are starting to come out of their inferiority complex a little, and giving NY little dose of their own medicine. We are finally saying F.U and what you think about us we doing some alright things up here. U.S are the leaders of the free world and control a lot of the world economy... Well it wasn't Canadians who F'd this world up as it sits today... It was greedy ass capitialists on Wall Street, in CEO board rooms, and bought and paid for politicians...

Anyways I'm gonna take my Health Care, Gun Control, Mortgage Regulated, Same-Sex Marriage, Weed-Smoking loving ass back to the Raptors board and wait for Game 2... Again I do not mean to offend, nor to troll... You all go to our boards just like we go to yours cause we like to see what the others are saying... NY (Brooklyn) will always be respected, but if you don't wanna give your Little Brother to the North their just due, then we just gonna take it...

#WeTheNorth

What does this have to do with BASKETBALL?

Dat 4/20 Doe. This guy went 4/19.
JMaine518
Starter
And1: 156

Post#890 » by JMaine518 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:32 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
JMAINE_PH wrote:"that's what i do" - Paul Pierce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YnwODYGeuM

You can hear KG say "Best in the business right here..." :lol:

I just noticed that lol. God these two were a god send for this team.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#891 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Basileus777 wrote:

From John Schuhmann.

The scary part is that stat doesn't include the fact Livingston and Joe were on the floor with the bench at times and the bench still sucked. Every run by the Raps was with a bench player on the floor.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#892 » by MGrand15 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:14 pm

I doubt our bench will miss that many open 3s next time. Mirza, Thornton, AA are streaky but 0-12 is not normal. Plumlee had NO dunks. They'll be fine in the long run. It was the first playoff game for most of them. We still won in spite of this. I expect a big game out of one of the MT3 brothers.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#893 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:
Skeezo wrote: NY (Brooklyn) will always be respected, but if you don't wanna give your Little Brother to the North their just due, then we just gonna take it...

#WeTheNorth

seriously... and even if the raps beat us, they wont earn any respect, because no one takes canadia seriously anyhow.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Pierce can get cocky. Brooklyn about to get an attitude adjustment.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#894 » by jeff1624 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

Wasn't that supposed to happen in game 1?

Instead of telling us what we're in for, why don't you go and take these next two days to cry about the officiating for Tuesdays game and/or maybe fridays game if game 2 isn't enough.
Dat Leadership
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,823

Post#895 » by Rich Rane » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:23 pm

jeff1624 wrote:Instead of telling us what we're in for, why don't you go and take these next two days to cry about the officiating for Tuesdays game and/or maybe fridays game if game 2 isn't enough.

Why are you mentioning this? That was perfectly acceptable of them. You saw how fans of every single other team were already crying about the refs before their Game 1s.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#896 » by Komodo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Raps fan thoughts:

JJ abused us
Livingston abused Vasquez and shut DD down
we cant play offense or defense against your small ball
Kidd outcoached us
Anderson and Blatche played well
even Teletovic was ok in limited mins

Expecting Nets to win in 6.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#897 » by NetsWorld » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:28 pm

I think the real ? for Game 2 is whether Toronto can make adjustments. I think they are going to be overwhelmed and Casey is already talking as if Toronto is going to take Game 2. I really hope we seal game 2 as we would go back home 2-0 and can finish them at home. The only reason the game was tight was because we didn't convert on three pointers as we normally do but I don't expect that to be the story in Game 2.

Prediction for Game 2: Nets 105 Raptors 90
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,910

Post#898 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:04 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

When the 3 point bombs connect we'll see who gets an attitude adjustment
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#899 » by Skeezo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:28 am

N Ireland Nets wrote:
Skeezo wrote:What's up Brooklyn fans?

I'll do my best not to come across as a so-called douche-bag to serve my point...

In our eyes, NY (Brooklyn) is Toronto's big brother... Like any sibling rivalry, little brother wants to be noticed & respected by Big Brother... Canadians are known across the world as being some of the most polite & friendly people you could meet, unfortunately unlike our U.S neighbours, Americans have the reputation of being brash & arrogant. I don't say this as a bad thing cause sometimes you need some of that if you want to be the best and obviously over the years America has consistently shown why they are leaders in the world.

When Hip Hop was in it's golden age 85-95, NY artists were aggressive, gritty, and pulled no punches... They apologized for nothing and didn't care what anyone else thought... This was NY where it all started... Believe it or not we were up on all of it... From the humbling beginnings of Def Jam to the crazy amount of different sounds of crew and cliques such as Native Tongues , Boot Camp, Def/Hit Squad, Wu-Tang, DITC, Gangstarr Foundation, BDP, etc etc...

When you share the largest unguarded border in the world with U.S it is very tough not to be influenced by American media, news, politics, sports, business and entertainment. I swear sometimes I think I know more about American history then some Americans do...

On the flip side you know nothing about us, nor do you care to want to know anything about us. I would be shocked if any number of you could name even 5 provinces (no we don't have states)... That's a scary thought... Whether it be education or just being so self involved in the U.S being the center of the universe, I just think it's the pot calling the kettle black when looking at our fan base and saying we are douchebags, trollers, or arrogant...

I think finally Canadians are starting to come out of their inferiority complex a little, and giving NY little dose of their own medicine. We are finally saying F.U and what you think about us we doing some alright things up here. U.S are the leaders of the free world and control a lot of the world economy... Well it wasn't Canadians who F'd this world up as it sits today... It was greedy ass capitialists on Wall Street, in CEO board rooms, and bought and paid for politicians...

Anyways I'm gonna take my Health Care, Gun Control, Mortgage Regulated, Same-Sex Marriage, Weed-Smoking loving ass back to the Raptors board and wait for Game 2... Again I do not mean to offend, nor to troll... You all go to our boards just like we go to yours cause we like to see what the others are saying... NY (Brooklyn) will always be respected, but if you don't wanna give your Little Brother to the North their just due, then we just gonna take it...

#WeTheNorth

I appreciate you taking the time to post a long post here for us to read but dude keep it to the sports.

The real problem is Toronto sports teams just don't perform next or near the level they should be at with their fan support. The Maple Leafs are a complete joke of a franchise with any guy needing a payday who grew up a Maple Leaf fan going home to make huge money. They haven't won a cup since 67 for Christ sake. I'm an Islanders fan and even I feel like it's been to long for us in the wilderness and that includes the dynasty years so I can't imagine what it would be like as a Leafs fan.

The Raptors in their entire 19 year history have won 1 playoff series (against the Knicks, this all laugh at them for a minute). That's just not good enough. For the size of the area the Raptors have control over, size of support, they should be so much better. Maybe Masai Ujiri can turn it around for you guys but like I said, Toronto sports, for the price all you crazy fans pay, get damn all in return.

Toronto FC, great fans support, rubbish team.

Blue Jays, while easily the most successful Toronto franchise in my lifetime, still haven't been great.

I'd be pissed if I was from Toronto. Bloody fantastic city to live in, great for nights out and sports crazy, yet the teams never get near the level they should be at.

Couldn't agree more with you, Toronto is a cursed sports city... Other then the 2 World Series Championships from the Jays in the 90's, there has not been much to cheer about in these parts & as you said it is unacceptable when you look at the size of the market we're in. I appreciate the fact you want to keep it to sports (basketball) & I apologize to Brooklyn fans for taking it somewhere you may have not wanted to take it on your board. I truly was just trying to explain why some of us (Raps fans or Canadians in general) act the way we do & unfortunately the history points to more then just sports. It is however Sports and to a lesser degree Entertainment that drives pride in people, would you not agree? When the U.S won gold in hockey in the Lake Placid Olympics it was headline news & if I am not mistaken Hockey has never really been big in the States unless you are from the North East... Still it was patriotic, so much so it became more then just the game... When Beatle-mania came to North America, do you not think that the British were gushing, saying those are our boys...

For once, some good things are starting to happen and people are finally taking notice that we have a little something up here and we are proud of it is all...

-Love him or hate him, but Drake is one of top guys in the game right now & he reps the T.Dot... (Could never tell me Master P was better rhymer then Jeru or Guru but he sold better then them)...
-27 Canadians played in the Final Four tournament this year... Wiggins, Bennett, Ennis, T.Thompson, C.Joseph, A.Nicholson, Stauskas... Canada might actually have a pretty competitive Olympic team in the next few years
-Only a matter of time before we get a NFL team... The money and market is here, but I think you're right Toronto other teams has to start winning before the NFL starts saying we NEED a team in Toronto...

I hate to say it but I think Brooklyn takes this series... Our young guys need to learn and gain experience, you could just see the deer in the headlights look in Game 1... As long as they fight and they don't back down to the bullying, and take a few shot of their own, I'll be happy. For too long the Raptors have been looked upon as a soft team & for once team has a little edge to them. Over/Under for some sort of a brawl in this series is Game 3... I'll take under...
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#900 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

When the 3 point bombs connect we'll see who gets an attitude adjustment

Bring it on but expect the unexpected.

Return to Brooklyn Nets