Re: Bojan Bogdanovic Discussion 

Post#61 » by jbeachboy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:14 pm

he seems to be a weak rebounder, passer, and defender which worries me
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#62 » by Paradise » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:21 am

Bojan vs Lithuania: 24 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists on 10-15 FG, 5-9 3PT in 23 minutes.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,890

Post#63 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Seems like our euro guys are having good summers. Let's hope all of this translates to excellent showings, we need Bogs to be a factor.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#64 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:21 pm

a stat line like that would great to see from Bojan.... hope he gets the opportunities and not be intimidated by the aggressiveness of the NBA.

A lot of positive results would come to the Nets should Bojan meet expectations n delivers.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#65 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:34 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:a stat line like that would great to see from Bojan.... hope he gets the opportunities and not be intimidated by the aggressiveness of the NBA.

A lot of positive results would come to the Nets should Bojan meet expectations n delivers.

What are his expectations?

for me, i really have no clue? anything from starting to being a 9th man would not suprise me.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#66 » by jeff1624 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:a stat line like that would great to see from Bojan.... hope he gets the opportunities and not be intimidated by the aggressiveness of the NBA.

for me, i really have no clue? anything from starting to being a 9th man would not suprise me.

This is a really weird team. I have no idea who starts at PF. No idea if Joe will be a SF or SG. If he's a SF who starts at SG? Anderson? Bogs? If Joe starts at SG who starts at SF? Kirilenko?

I know Jefferson, Brown, Teague and Karasev will ride the pine... but the other 11 all have potential to play 25+ min a night.
Dat Leadership
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#67 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Hauling 20 pts would to be tough to expect at the beginning.... hopefully he can bring in 12-14 pts regularly...

as long as the guy helps more than he disappoints, I think we all could be ok with that? I don't see him helping defensively(this is where he could surprise) so offensively that's where I am holding him accountable for.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise

Post#68 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:

His expectations would probably be the 10th man off the bench (behind Jack, AK, MT, KG) shooting atleast 36% from three to start off his NBA career.

I don't see anything beyond that but his learning curve should be alot smoother with Mirza here and with a coach that will play him.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#69 » by MGrand15 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Really looking forward to our 2nd unit potentially being:

(Jack comes in at the 4 minute mark)
Deron
Bojan
AK47
Mirza
Plumlee/KG

Ton of shooting and passing. Deron can run a high screen centered offense or AK47 can run things from the high post. Once again, I think this unit'll be a strength.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#70 » by Jstock12 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Bogdanovic with a monster game against the Philippines to clinch a win after overtime.

Bogdanovic 26 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals.
Blatche 28 points, 12 rebounds, 1 steal.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#71 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Bogdanovic with a monster game against the Philippines to clinch a win after overtime.

im glad he is playing well... but how he plays is really irrelevant to whats going to happen in the NBA. I mean delfino and barrea and mirza are like international studs. in the NBA role players or bench fodder.

im really interested to see how he fits in. year 1 i expect to be rocky, with inconsistent playing time. but hopefully he can find a niche. he will need to play defense to crack the rotation. we also have like 75 options on offense, so playing him with units where he can get his shots will be a task for hollins.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#72 » by Jstock12 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:Bogdanovic with a monster game against the Philippines to clinch a win after overtime.

im glad he is playing well... but how he plays is really irrelevant to whats going to happen in the NBA. I mean delfino and barrea and mirza are like international studs. in the NBA role players or bench fodder.

im really interested to see how he fits in. year 1 i expect to be rocky, with inconsistent playing time. but hopefully he can find a niche. he will need to play defense to crack the rotation. we also have like 75 options on offense, so playing him with units where he can get his shots will be a task for hollins.

I really like Bogdanovic, I think he's a guy who's game will translate to NBA much more smoothly than say Mirza's or Delfino's. I think he's capable of becoming a #3 option on a playoff team (maybe even a #2, although that might be stretch).
Paradise

Post#73 » by Paradise » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Hks efficiency is the most impressive thing about his game today. He looks like he is definitely taking his game to a higher level.

9/18 FG, 2/4 3PT, 6/6 FT.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#74 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I really like Bogdanovic, I think he's a guy who's game will translate to NBA much more smoothly than say Mirza's or Delfino's. I think he's capable of becoming a #3 option on a playoff team (maybe even a #2, although that might be stretch).

i think as a #2 or #3 option he can be a really good player. my concern is as a #4 or #5 option can he be a good player. because here he doesnt have a chance to be a #2 or #3 option. I think he'd be a really good fit on like a bulls or pacers team.

its hard to have the same killer mentality when you are lower in the pecking order... some guys can do it, some cant, we'll see... hopefully hollins can find a role where he can be agressive, thast his strength
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#75 » by Jstock12 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i think as a #2 or #3 option he can be a really good player. my concern is as a #4 or #5 option can he be a good player. because here he doesnt have a chance to be a #2 or #3 option. I think he'd be a really good fit on like a bulls or pacers team.

its hard to have the same killer mentality when you are lower in the pecking order... some guys can do it, some cant, we'll see... hopefully hollins can find a role where he can be agressive, thast his strength

Why can't he become a #3 option though? :) From a talent standpoint there shouldn't be a problem really. I guess it all depends how well his game translates to the NBA.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#76 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

Why can't he become a #3 option though? :) From a talent standpoint there shouldn't be a problem really. I guess it all depends how well his game translates to the NBA.

Because he is on the same team as deron williams, brook lopez, and joe johnson.

I dont see him making a smooth transition here unless its a gunner off the bench, which i think(hope) will be his role. Hopefully he can have good chemistry with jack.
Bro Johnson
Banned User
And1: 330

Post#77 » by Bro Johnson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 pm

His transition won't be as great as Mirza's. Mirza was significantly more ball dominant while abroad, Bogdanovic has cycled through a variety of roles and played well in all of then.
Paradise

Post#78 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Bojan vs Argentina: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 6-11 FG, 2-4 3PT.

Croatia should make it out their pool. I'm hoping for a matchup with the US. It would be the perfect test for him on National TV.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#79 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 1, 2014 11:36 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Hauling 20 pts would to be tough to expect at the beginning.... hopefully he can bring in 12-14 pts regularly...

as long as the guy helps more than he disappoints, I think we all could be ok with that? I don't see him helping defensively(this is where he could surprise) so offensively that's where I am holding him accountable for.

id be pretty excited if he had 10+ ppg as a 6th man/spot starter.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#80 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 1, 2014 11:38 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

His expectations would probably be the 10th man off the bench (behind Jack, AK, MT, KG) shooting atleast 36% from three to start off his NBA career.

I don't see anything beyond that but his learning curve should be alot smoother with Mirza here and with a coach that will play him.

AK/KG/Mirza all kind of play the same position(rotation bigs). id think at worst bogs would be the 8th or 9th man off the bench and the first or second wing off the pine(depending on if ak plays any SF).

Return to Brooklyn Nets