Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: 2014 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread Part II 

Post#521 » by Prokorov » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
What slow plodding bigs did KG get abused by?

Nene abused him in our first game vs the wiz. David West did whatever he wanted our first game vs the pacers. aldridge dominated him. Greg monroe embarassed him our vs meeting vs the pistons.

sure, maybe those guys arent oliver miller, but they arent super quick athletic PFs either. monroe and west arent guys who are going to hit you with a double cross over step back jumper.

LG cant defend the 4.. and its highly likely his decline continues this year.

You're right but the interesting thing is KG usually had the lowest defensive rating out of everybody during that stretch when you check the game by game box scores. So, it may not be a black/white thing as him being the primary reason for that per say. Besides, he didn't get alot of minutes anyhow.

I just think he should get a fair chance in preseason before we kill off any possible scenarios with him at the 4. It was a small sample size back then and everyone for most part, stunk it up on defense around that time.

Besides, is KG's defense going to be any worse than Mirza at PF or Plumlee? I can't imagine that. We don't have a terrific starting option either way at that spot.

In my opinion,... yes, i think KGs defense would be worse then mirza or plumlee at PF. i thought he was really awful at times defensively last season, and was often bailed out on reputation. his pick and roll defense is still outstanding, and he can rebound his position. outside of that, he has some big flaws.

and i think everyone is ignoring he will likely take a pretty big stap back this year being a year older.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#522 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Nene abused him in our first game vs the wiz. David West did whatever he wanted our first game vs the pacers. aldridge dominated him. Greg monroe embarassed him our vs meeting vs the pistons.

sure, maybe those guys arent oliver miller, but they arent super quick athletic PFs either. monroe and west arent guys who are going to hit you with a double cross over step back jumper.

LG cant defend the 4.. and its highly likely his decline continues this year.

You're right but the interesting thing is KG usually had the lowest defensive rating out of everybody during that stretch when you check the game by game box scores. So, it may not be a black/white thing as him being the primary reason for that per say. Besides, he didn't get alot of minutes anyhow.

I just think he should get a fair chance in preseason before we kill off any possible scenarios with him at the 4. It was a small sample size back then and everyone for most part, stunk it up on defense around that time.

Besides, is KG's defense going to be any worse than Mirza at PF or Plumlee? I can't imagine that. We don't have a terrific starting option either way at that spot.

In my opinion,... yes, i think KGs defense would be worse then mirza or plumlee at PF. i thought he was really awful at times defensively last season, and was often bailed out on reputation. his pick and roll defense is still outstanding, and he can rebound his position. outside of that, he has some big flaws.

and i think everyone is ignoring he will likely take a pretty big stap back this year being a year older.

He ranked #1 in DRPM. We were giving up 95 points PPP when he was on the floor.

Even if he takes a step back, he still will be very good at defending, rebounding, passing and mid-range shooting.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#523 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 pm

I was on the Plumlee for PF hype-train... oh well. Would still like to see if he can play the PF at some point.

I just think pairing the front courts like Plumlee/Lopez and Mirza/Garnett would be better b/c of their strengths and weaknesses.

And putting a savvy defensive vet like KG with a bench unit of Jack, Bogs, AA or AK, and Mirza would be pretty smart. A true leader with that group, a guy that can direct the defense... instead of Blatche who just turned his head as guys drove by him.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#524 » by SpeedyG » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:24 pm

macgyver893 wrote:I was on the Plumlee for PF hype-train... oh well. Would still like to see if he can play the PF at some point.

I just think pairing the front courts like Plumlee/Lopez and Mirza/Garnett would be better b/c of their strengths and weaknesses.

And putting a savvy defensive vet like KG with a bench unit of Jack, Bogs, AA or AK, and Mirza would be pretty smart. A true leader with that group, a guy that can direct the defense... instead of Blatche who just turned his head as guys drove by him.

There's really not an "ideal" pair. Plumlee/Lopez can possibly push Lopez out to high post, which is really not where we want him to be, offensively. Garnett/Mirza probably works better defensively (since KG can anchor our bench defense), but offensively, we won't have any semblance of interior scoring since KG has been a horrible finisher and we'd likely camp Mirza out by the 3 line.

Basically, each of our front guys (as with most teams) have their own weaknesses. There will be some give and take, and we'll need to decide if we want more offense or more defense with our first or second unit.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#525 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:57 pm

25lbs of added muscle for Jennings.... Roid much? or is it HGH?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Paradise

Post#526 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:04 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:25lbs of added muscle for Jennings.... Roid much? or is it HGH?

McDonalds?
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#527 » by jbeachboy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Brandon jennings?
Paradise

Post#528 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 pm

We're only three weeks from preseason, two weeks from training camp, a week away from media day and Blatche still hasn't been signed and nobody is even interested. He had several offers on the table last season and even going back to when we first signed him, the Spurs and Heat wanted him.

Whatever happened in the locker room last season must've been really serious for the Nets and other teams to pass on him. It's sad because he was fun to watch when he was focused.
SIC
Senior
And1: 208

Post#529 » by SIC » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:I was on the Plumlee for PF hype-train... oh well. Would still like to see if he can play the PF at some point.

There's really not an "ideal" pair. Plumlee/Lopez can possibly push Lopez out to high post, which is really not where we want him to be, offensively. Garnett/Mirza probably works better defensively (since KG can anchor our bench defense), but offensively, we won't have any semblance of interior scoring since KG has been a horrible finisher and we'd likely camp Mirza out by the 3 line.

Basically, each of our front guys (as with most teams) have their own weaknesses. There will be some give and take, and we'll need to decide if we want more offense or more defense with our first or second unit.

I agree.

We really dont know what a Plumlee / Lopez combo would look like. I think Plumlee could be a good Passer in the High Post.

I expect Plumlee to play a lot with Lopez, but IMO Plumlee is going to be Lopez' main backup.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#530 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:27 am

Oh snap, SIC!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#531 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:25lbs of added muscle for Jennings.... Roid much? or is it HGH?

McDonalds?

Sorry, my notifications are just not coherent these days....

If only McDonalds gave me muscles... I would be Mr Universe with flawless skin lol...
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#532 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Paradise wrote:We're only three weeks from preseason, two weeks from training camp, a week away from media day and Blatche still hasn't been signed and nobody is even interested. He had several offers on the table last season and even going back to when we first signed him, the Spurs and Heat wanted him.

Whatever happened in the locker room last season must've been really serious for the Nets and other teams to pass on him. It's sad because he was fun to watch when he was focused.

He was a good backup C for us... his creativity, good/worse, was something different from the rest of the teammates. That helped us a lot when our "high expectation" players went into draughts.

He rebound well enough and altered some shots... but I guess his attitude may be a problem?
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#533 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:49 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Oh snap, SIC!

this post goes really well with your avi lol....

read your reply first then your avi....perfect!
The ModFather

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#534 » by MGrand15 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:33 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Paradise wrote:We're only three weeks from preseason, two weeks from training camp, a week away from media day and Blatche still hasn't been signed and nobody is even interested. He had several offers on the table last season and even going back to when we first signed him, the Spurs and Heat wanted him.

He was a good backup C for us... his creativity, good/worse, was something different from the rest of the teammates. That helped us a lot when our "high expectation" players went into draughts.

He rebound well enough and altered some shots... but I guess his attitude may be a problem?

I bet you part of it is that he went out of his way to make the Wizards pay more money. And out right said he'd be taking the minimum to make the Wiz pay as much as possible. These owners are part of a little club and if you disrespect one guy, you're going to make enemies around the league.

We had a very professional locker room last year, so I'm not surprised nothing leaked. But Blatche is a good player. A guy who was good during the playoffs. A guy who took over games at times. I find it hard to believe that one team won't take a chance on him. He definitely has lapses, defensive issues, and you may need to monitor him for conditioning during the season - but his combination of size, low post offense, shooting, ball handling and rebounding is rarely seen around the league.

A lot of teams are starting to really value culture tho - so maybe he'll get squeezed out and sign in China.
deepblueday
Bench Warmer
And1: 48

Post#535 » by deepblueday » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:50 pm

you cant name 20 better centers than andray blatche in this league. he's been a top five back up big man for 2 years. he doesn't get hurt. he plays both ends. he can take over games. i mean there must be some bad **** floating around out there, because the fact that he is not signed right now baffles my **** mind.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#536 » by Zachbretton » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Has anyone seen the Jazzfan and Floppymoose Brooklyn prediction thread in the shithole that is the GB? It's just a hunk of pure crap, these guys have the Wolves having a better record than us... Yes they have us going in the 30's and have no sense of our roster at all.

If anything to remind me not to go to the GB

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#537 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:41 am

Blatche has so much talent... If he only put in the work and had the right attitude 100% of the time :banghead:
Paradise

Post#538 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Zachbretton wrote:Has anyone seen the Jazzfan and Floppymoose Brooklyn prediction thread in the **** that is the GB? It's just a hunk of pure crap, these guys have the Wolves having a better record than us... Yes they have us going in the 30's and have no sense of our roster at all.

All of the predictions have been garbage. They have the Hornets winning 30 games. The Nets write up made no sense whatsoever. Just a bunch of nonsensical rambling.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#539 » by Prokorov » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Paradise wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:Has anyone seen the Jazzfan and Floppymoose Brooklyn prediction thread in the **** that is the GB? It's just a hunk of pure crap, these guys have the Wolves having a better record than us... Yes they have us going in the 30's and have no sense of our roster at all.

All of the predictions have been garbage. They have the Hornets winning 30 games. The Nets write up made no sense whatsoever. Just a bunch of nonsensical rambling.

if you are farmiliar with there posts in general, it isnt suprising. they are typical GB posters
Paradise

Post#540 » by Paradise » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:46 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sportando/status/513335416851025920[/tweet]
He should have never opted out.

Return to Brooklyn Nets