Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

2014-15 Bold NBA Predictions 

Post#1 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:17 pm

List your top 5 bold predictions for the NBA season:

1) LBJ has reached his peak and we'll start to see a very, very small but noticeable decline (including a FG% reduction for the first time in 7 seasons).
2) Due to injuries to key players (and chemistry issues), the Cavs won't make the Finals.
3) Dallas will make the WCF (and if they win the WCF, they will win the title).
4) The Wizards will regress despite FA additions and (at best) be the 6th seed.
5) Portland will regress badly and fight to make the playoffs.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Re: 2014-15 Bold NBA Predictions 

Post#2 » by F3LON » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:23 pm

1. Chicago - Rose doesnt need to be MVP for this team to be the top team in the East. Gasol and Noah are too much quality size and their backups are good enough to start, Gibson and Mirotic

2. Brooklyn - Call me a homer but Lopez and DWill are healthy and ready to make this team elite. Johnson keeps up with his stellar play. KG bounces back for his swan song season. Jack plays at 6th man of the year level. Plumlee and Bogdanovic are breakout young players. AK47 plays at a very high level.

3. Cleveland - Lebron has to carry a mismatch team with no size, poor defenders, and inexperience. Poor chemistry causes the Cavs to get off to a poor start.

4. Miami - Miami is the surprise team of the NBA. Bosh proves to be a franchise level big not playing in the shadow of Lebron. Wade's lost weight help him only miss a handful of games. Deng proves to be a good fit on this veteran team. Rookie James Ennis proves to be a steal from last years draft.

5. Washington - The loss of Ariza hurts this team more then expected. Beal's wrist injury sets the Wiz back early in the season as they fight their way out of a poor start.

6. Toronto - The Raptors lack of a superstar keeps this team from being elite.

7. Charlotte - Lance Stephenson becomes one of the top SGs in the NBA as he leads a young, talented Hornets team.

8. Pacers - Veterans on this team will the Pacers to the final playoff spot.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#3 » by Zachbretton » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:31 pm

1 - Cavs, nor Bulls make it to the finals

2 - Dallas makes WCF

3 - Brooklyn is one of the healthier teams this season, we are a top 4 in the east

4 - Bosh goes back to Raptors numbers but Wade can't keep up, they fall to 6th seed

5 - Lowry can't maintain his elite level, but raptors keep growing and makes it to the second round.

6 - chemistry issues and poor roster build cause the Rockets to miss the playoffs

7 - Pelicans make the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#4 » by jeff1624 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:59 am

-The Heat barely make the playoffs.

-Phoenix regresses and turns into a sub-500 team.

-Derrick Rose is going to be a bottom 10 starting PG this season.

-The Grizzlies make it to the WCF.

-Pelicans makes the playoffs by narrowly beating out Portland.

EC:

Chicago
Cleveland
Brooklyn
Charlotte
Toronto
Washington
Atlanta
Miami

WC (revised now that KD is out two months):

San Antonio
LA Clippers
Memphis
Oklahoma
Golden State
Dallas
Houston
Pelicans
Dat Leadership
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#5 » by Paradise » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:46 am

1. Nets - Will get off to a hot start this season and will be #1 in the Atlantic for the majority of the season as the 3rd seed. Another tight race between Toronto for the Divison.

2. Washington - Will not finish Top 3 and will be an inconsistent offensive team. I expect inconsistent health and production from Beal, Pierce, Nene which will result into a 40-44 win team (6 or 7th seed).

3. Bulls - Derrick Rose will not return to 2010 form and the Bulls will not live up to expectations but will make it to the ECF led by Gasol/Noah.

4. Memphis - Grizzlies finish 3rd in the West ahead of OKC. Mike Conley makes his first all-star game.

5. Clippers - Blake Griffin wins his first MVP award leading the Clippers to the 2nd best record in the West.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#6 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Calamity won't say anything bad about his Nets team.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:58 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:List your top 5 bold predictions for the NBA season:

1) LBJ has reached his peak and we'll start to see a very, very small but noticeable decline (including a FG% reduction for the first time in 7 seasons).
2) Due to injuries to key players (and chemistry issues), the Cavs won't make the Finals.
3) Dallas will make the WCF (and if they win the WCF, they will win the title).
4) The Wizards will regress despite FA additions and (at best) be the 6th seed.
5) Portland will regress badly and fight to make the playoffs.

1) Hornets will win 50 games and be a top 3 seed in the East
2) Heat will make the conference finals
3) Pelicans will be a top 4 seed in the West
4) Kobe will win MVP, lakers will make the playofs
5) Pacers will lose 60 games
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#8 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:49 pm

F3LON wrote:2. Brooklyn - Call me a homer but Lopez and DWill are healthy and ready to make this team elite. Johnson keeps up with his stellar play. KG bounces back for his swan song season. Jack plays at 6th man of the year level. Plumlee and Bogdanovic are breakout young players. AK47 plays at a very high level.

What's your prediction for our season record wise?[/quote]

4. Miami - Miami is the surprise team of the NBA. Bosh proves to be a franchise level big not playing in the shadow of Lebron. Wade's lost weight help him only miss a handful of games. Deng proves to be a good fit on this veteran team. Rookie James Ennis proves to be a steal from last years draft.

Personally, I feel like the Heat will only go as far as Wade will take them. Bosh is a great player but he doesn't have that 'take over a game by himself' level of play in him.

I used to really like seeing Wade take over and I'm kinda sad that it looks like he won't be healthy enough for the rest of his career to do it again.[/quote]

5. Washington - The loss of Ariza hurts this team more then expected.

I definitely agree about this.

Every time I watched the Wizards last season, Ariza was the steady source of production and defense that was needed to make them a dangerous team.

Idk how some Wizards fans are tricking themselves into believing that Pierce is an upgrade over Ariza.

I didn't think they'd finish as well as they did last year even before Beal's injury. Now, it's solidified in my mind even more so.[/quote][/quote]
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#9 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 pm

Zachbretton wrote:1 - Cavs, nor Bulls make it to the finals

Who would make it to the Finals from the East then?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#10 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:00 am

jeff1624 wrote:-Phoenix regresses and turns into a sub-500 team.

There's always a team that surprises one season, then everyone expects them to repeat their success but they end up doing poorly.

I can so see that being the Suns. In fact, that's a team I've been thinking about and completely forgot to put them in my bold prediction list.
-The Grizzlies make it to the WCF.
Really? I just can't see it. I feel like they should've broken it up ater last season and tried a rebuild. Z-Bo and Gasol are only getting older and I just can't see them anchoring that team down low for too much longer.

I could be completely wrong though. :lol:

EC:

Chicago
Cleveland
Brooklyn
Charlotte
Toronto
Washington
Atlanta
Miami

My EC rankings are:

Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Charlotte
Brooklyn (if healthy)
Miami (if healthy)
Washington
Atlanta/Brooklyn (not healthy)/Miami (not healthy)/Knicks

WC (revised now that KD is out two months):

San Antonio
LA Clippers
Memphis
Oklahoma
Golden State
Dallas
Houston
Pelicans

SAS
LAC
DAL
GSW
OKC
HOU
MEM
DEN (if healthy)/POR
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#11 » by jeff1624 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:55 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Really? I just can't see it. I feel like they should've broken it up ater last season and tried a rebuild. Z-Bo and Gasol are only getting older and I just can't see them anchoring that team down low for too much longer.

I could be completely wrong though. :lol:

They were a hair away from beating OKC last season. They're also the best defensive team IMO and got better offensively now that they've added another shot creator/maker in VC. I don't think there is a single team that wants to face them.

My EC rankings are:

Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Charlotte
Brooklyn (if healthy)
Miami (if healthy)
Washington
Atlanta/Brooklyn (not healthy)/Miami (not healthy)/Knicks

I think Toronto got some unbelievable play out of Kyle lowry that I doubt he'll be able to match. They were unbelievvably lucky in the health department and they still have Dwayne Case as HC and I think he's terrible. And Demar DeRozan has to be the worst 20+ scorer in the league. I think they take a step back but still make the playoffs.

The Knicks got worse player wise (Chandler is such a huge upgrade over Dalembert and while Calderon is absolutely a better PG than Felton they get even worse defensively with him) and have a rookie head coach with an entirely different system.

SAS
LAC
DAL
GSW
OKC
HOU
MEM
DEN (if healthy)/POR

Not sure how Houston has a better record than memphis. Memphis was 40-19 when Gasol played which equals to a .677 win percentage. Better than a full Houston squad (.654%). Now Houston is worse off since they lost Asik, Lin and Parsons.
Dat Leadership
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#12 » by Zachbretton » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:11 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Zachbretton wrote:1 - Cavs, nor Bulls make it to the finals

Who would make it to the Finals from the East then?

I honestly think the east is going to crazy this season, I see it being an Atlantic team and Possibly the Wiz or Hornets. I think the questions marks around the Cavs and Bulls make me feel **** won't go their way in the post season.

Between the two I see the Cavs having a better chance, as long as they can organize their chemistry and Love/Kyrie can adapt to the playoffs quickly.

The Bulls are tested but Thibs always runs down his teams come playoff time, Rose will be rested a lot and I still doubt he can return to full form. They have a lot of good pieces but I still doubt them.

I'm expected some craziness from the east

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#13 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:11 am

1. Mozgov will double-double.
2. KCP will be amazing on both ends of the floor.
3. The Pistons will find a taker for Brandon Jennings.
4. Horford will be involved in trade talks.
4b. Payne will actually look very good.
5. Turner will look like an NBA player with the Celtics.
6. MKG wont improve much.
7. Jack will be very valuable for you guys.
8. Bogut will be in the running for DPOY.
9. Terrence Jones will have to compete hard to stay in the starting line up all year.
10. Wall will be, rightfully, discussed as the top pg in the league.
11. Derozan adds another aspect to his game and score around 25 a game.
12.Trey Burke will look good and considered a top 20 PG.
13. Embiid will play some games.
14. Aaron Gordonw ill suprise and look very good.

Return to Brooklyn Nets