ImageImageImageImageImage

Brook Lopez Injures Foot Again, Out At Least 10 Days

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Re: Brook Lopez Injures Foot Again, Out At Least 10 Days 

Post#81 » by F3LON » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:05 am

macgyver893 wrote:Maybe phx takes Brook and gives him the magic medicine that extends the career's of all players, lol.

Gasol would be too much of a reach IMO.

Horford would be more realistic I think bc of his injury history too. But then again it's never been foot related.

Hibbert would be more realistic too than Gasol I think. But would Indy take a flyer on Lopez?

Best, and only, thing to do now is to wait it out and see how Brook plays when he comes back. But I think it's safe to say he's going to continue to be a 20/6 type player who needs a strong PF presence to make up for his rebounding and defense, like a Faried type guy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Id rather get Horford. He is a good mid range shooter who would pair up with Plumlee nicely. I dont see Atlanta wanting Lopez to play next to Milsap though. I could see a 3 way trade.

Lopez to Indy
Horford to Brooklyn
Hibbert to Atlanta

Lopez and West make a nice pairing and Lopez's scoring will help the loss of George and Lance

Hibbert's size pairs nicely with Milsap's mobility.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#82 » by MGrand15 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 am

Hibbert is the anchor to their defense and a healthy guy. He collapsed last year but his value isn't that low. NO chance they trade him for someone like Lopez. If they trade him, it would be for young guys, draft picks, etc. Not for someone on the same exact contract.

Again, Lopez is more valuable to us than to any other team. Every other team is going to only offer pennies. We're going to want an okay return for him. It's just not going to happen. Our best bet is to ride his contract out and hope he can stay healthy. That's all we can do. I'm fine with that over trading him for nothing. Even if he gets hurt.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#83 » by therealbig3 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:36 am

I think I'd rather have nothing over Brook at this point, if nothing = salary coming off the books in 2016. Pure cap space is more valuable than Brook at this point. Unlike most, I do have some serious doubts about his actual impact as a player, but even if he was as good as the majority of this board believes...what's the point if he can't even stay on the court? He's officially Andrew Bynum status now. Those feet of his are gonna carry a huge black mark for the rest of his career.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#84 » by F3LON » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:49 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I think I'd rather have nothing over Brook at this point, if nothing = salary coming off the books in 2016. Pure cap space is more valuable than Brook at this point. Unlike most, I do have some serious doubts about his actual impact as a player, but even if he was as good as the majority of this board believes...what's the point if he can't even stay on the court? He's officially Andrew Bynum status now. Those feet of his are gonna carry a huge black mark for the rest of his career.

Unfortunately you are right. I hate when I read people post that Lopez is a good defender because of his opponents FG% at the rim over the handful of games he played last year. Anyone who watches the games know that only an idiot would try posting Lopez up when all you have to do is put him in PnR to get easy baskets. Id love to see what opponents are shooting in PnR when Lopez is defending it.

Besides the bad D, the rebounding is a huge issue. I still dont understand how a 7'2" guy cant get at least 8 rebounds. Despite getting good rebounding position by boxing out, Lopez cant move his feet fast enough to get a rebound only a few feet away.

I love that Lopez is a dominate post scorer. He is pretty much the only one left in the NBA. But that style of play will lead to people landing by his feet often. He will always be a high risk player with his style of play and I think it's best to just get rid of him like you said.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#85 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Hibbert is the anchor to their defense and a healthy guy. He collapsed last year but his value isn't that low. NO chance they trade him for someone like Lopez. If they trade him, it would be for young guys, draft picks, etc. Not for someone on the same exact contract.

Again, Lopez is more valuable to us than to any other team. Every other team is going to only offer pennies. We're going to want an okay return for him. It's just not going to happen. Our best bet is to ride his contract out and hope he can stay healthy. That's all we can do. I'm fine with that over trading him for nothing. Even if he gets hurt.

Exactly, no team is giving any kind of real asset for a guy with all kinds of major injury red flags who is owed 32 million.

And for the nets, they are committed to lopez. we just got rid of our head coach over a our GM refusing to move lopez.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#86 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:04 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I think I'd rather have nothing over Brook at this point, if nothing = salary coming off the books in 2016. Pure cap space is more valuable than Brook at this point. Unlike most, I do have some serious doubts about his actual impact as a player, but even if he was as good as the majority of this board believes...what's the point if he can't even stay on the court? He's officially Andrew Bynum status now. Those feet of his are gonna carry a huge black mark for the rest of his career.

this is what i was saying all offseason, we would be dumb not to move him for a late pick and whatever cap relief we could get,
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#87 » by Indomitable » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:09 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Hibbert is the anchor to their defense and a healthy guy. He collapsed last year but his value isn't that low. NO chance they trade him for someone like Lopez. If they trade him, it would be for young guys, draft picks, etc. Not for someone on the same exact contract.

Exactly, no team is giving any kind of real asset for a guy with all kinds of major injury red flags who is owed 32 million.

And for the nets, they are committed to lopez. we just got rid of our head coach over a our GM refusing to move lopez.

Is that what happened?
:banghead:
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#88 » by Paradise » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:25 am

Indomitable wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Is that what happened?

No, that's not what happened.

Kidd was let go because he made a laughable all or nothing ultimatum to be President of Basketball Operations and his first trade idea was taking on the salary of Larry Sanders and Ersan ilyasova for Teletovic and Lopez. Prokhorov wants total cap space in 2016 to rebuild the roster while Kidd's idea puts the Nets in further long term cap restrictions and taking back lesser productive players.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#89 » by MGrand15 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:49 am

Indomitable wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Is that what happened?

Just to re-emphasize - no, that's not what happened. Not even close. That poster likes to twist facts when it comes to certain things.

Management and Kidd disagreeing on a specific trade was an example of some tension between the coach and front office. He wasn't fired over that disagreement nor did the front office care too much about the incident. It's something that was only uncovered months later because Kidd wanted more power. Kidd decided to leave, Kidd wanted Billy King fired, Kidd made all the calls. The Nets didn't get rid of him.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#90 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Some people have been calling it for a few years *cough* but people weren't listening.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#91 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:

Some people have been calling it for a few years *cough* but people weren't listening.

yes, this isnt some new revelation for everyone here. even while he was healthy/putting up numbers some of us questioned his actual impact
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#92 » by jbeachboy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:42 pm

if brook develops another career type ending foot injury, do we develop our big man to replace him or look in draft or free agency
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#93 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:47 pm

jbeachboy wrote:if brook develops another career type ending foot injury, do we develop our big man to replace him or look in draft or free agency

you go with plumlee. the guy is already better then some starting centers. i was of the opinion we move lopez to start plumlee as is.
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,274

Post#94 » by laploutocratie » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:24 pm

This guy might be the most injury prone player I've seen in years.
☘ x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#95 » by kamaze » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:39 am

jbeachboy wrote:if brook develops another career type ending foot injury, do we develop our big man to replace him or look in draft or free agency

Front office should've been ready for this. Hollins' game plan is centered around Brook.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
jerseyjac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34

Post#96 » by jerseyjac » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:01 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

It's a make-or-break year for Brook...
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#97 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:37 am

jerseyjac wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

It's a make-or-break year for Brook...

I see what you did there.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#98 » by kerry kittles » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:04 pm

@nydninternets: One discouraging sign for Lopez: he's still feeling pain in his foot when "he goes hard," Hollins said.

That's very discouraging. All signs were if he doesn't play tonight, which obviously he is not, he would play Saturday. Don't know if that's possible now, just another step back
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#99 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:24 pm

kerry kittles wrote:@nydninternets: One discouraging sign for Lopez: he's still feeling pain in his foot when "he goes hard," Hollins said.

That's very discouraging. All signs were if he doesn't play tonight, which obviously he is not, he would play Saturday. Don't know if that's possible now, just another step back

i think we've learned from the past you cant take the nets word on health situations with lopez.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#100 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 pm

love hollins comments regarding brook being out:

"I have no idea what progressing means. Is he pregnant, or not pregnant?" Hollins said. "He's not playing. He can't play. When he can play then he will have progressed the way I would like him to progress. When Brook's soft tissue heals, he'll be able to play."

no BS. i dont care about this crap... when he can play he can play im concentrating on who i have available.

no excuse making there

Return to Brooklyn Nets