ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread: 14-15 Edition

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Re: Trade Thread: 14-15 Edition 

Post#241 » by therealbig3 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 am

Stephenson and Henderson for Lopez is a no-brainer from the Nets POV. We're not cutting any long-term salary, but we get guys that can actually see the court, and we if wanted to, it would be MUCH easier to unload their salaries and get some assets back than it would Lopez.

And I honestly think we play better without Lopez anyway.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#242 » by Zachbretton » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:49 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ojffpco

This is just too improbable right? I'd love to see if we could absorb a salary into AK's TE, it would be the smart move for us salary wise. Is there a player we could move to more suit that trade?

Maybe this?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qfp7n8u

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#243 » by F3LON » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 am

Send the Hornets Lopez for Stephenson and Kidd-Gilchrist.

It sounds like Stephenson is a cancer for Charlotte and that they might have to give up a pick to dump him. The Nets could counter by saying they would take MKG instead of a 1st.

I think Kidd-Gilchrist should be used as an undersized PF in the Thad Young role. he pretty much played PF in college next to Anthony Davis. His game isnt meant for the perimeter. He was meant to be a big but he lacks the height. There is no question he is a special talent but it would take a pair to play him as a PF. Luckily for the Nets we would have a bunch of relatively big wings if they made this trade (CJ,JJ, Bogs, Lance and Karasev).

Garnett - Plumlee - Jordan
Mirza - MKG
Johnson - Jefferson or Karasev
Stephenson - Bogs
DWIll - Jack

Our bench would be like a nascar package with the athletes we would have out there. I think we learned last year that our personnel worked best with longball.

I think Stephenson would thrive on the Nets. KG's leadership would be worth the shot in reigning in bad Lance. I think Lance played his best under Bird because he respects the level of player Bird was. Garnett would probably garner that same level of respect from Stephenson. Plus Hollins has a history of reforming players who were once considered cancers (Z-Bo, Tony Allen).

Lance's contract is so team friendly its definitely worth the risk. At worst we stay with the same game plan. Lance has a team option after next season. If he doesnt work out then we can just walk away from him after next year. If he pans out then we have a good player at a steal value, 9mil/year. Id rather go this route then roll the dice on trying to get Durrant here on a long shot. Lance would be 26 going into the 2016 season and MKG would be 23 and under Nets control. Lance is NY's all time high school scoring leader while MKG was a considered NBA ready at 19. His body will fill out by 2016 and he could be a DPOY candidate.
brooklynoz
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#244 » by brooklynoz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:24 am

F3LON wrote:Send the Hornets Lopez for Stephenson and Kidd-Gilchrist.

It sounds like Stephenson is a cancer for Charlotte and that they might have to give up a pick to dump him. The Nets could counter by saying they would take MKG instead of a 1st.

I think Kidd-Gilchrist should be used as an undersized PF in the Thad Young role. he pretty much played PF in college next to Anthony Davis. His game isnt meant for the perimeter. He was meant to be a big but he lacks the height. There is no question he is a special talent but it would take a pair to play him as a PF. Luckily for the Nets we would have a bunch of relatively big wings if they made this trade (CJ,JJ, Bogs, Lance and Karasev).

Mirza - MKG
Stephenson - Bogs
DWIll - Jack

Our bench would be like a nascar package with the athletes we would have out there. I think we learned last year that our personnel worked best with longball.

I think Stephenson would thrive on the Nets. KG's leadership would be worth the shot in reigning in bad Lance. I think Lance played his best under Bird because he respects the level of player Bird was. Garnett would probably garner that same level of respect from Stephenson. Plus Hollins has a history of reforming players who were once considered cancers (Z-Bo, Tony Allen).

Lance's contract is so team friendly its definitely worth the risk. At worst we stay with the same game plan. Lance has a team option after next season. If he doesnt work out then we can just walk away from him after next year. If he pans out then we have a good player at a steal value, 9mil/year. Id rather go this route then roll the dice on trying to get Durrant here on a long shot. Lance would be 26 going into the 2016 season and MKG would be 23 and under Nets control. Lance is NY's all time high school scoring leader while MKG was a considered NBA ready at 19. His body will fill out by 2016 and he could be a DPOY candidate.

I agree with what you're saying but the argument that he played his best under Bird makes no sense, since he is now playing under MJ. By that argument you would think he would be playing career best ball this season.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#245 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Zachbretton wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ojffpco

This is just too improbable right? I'd love to see if we could absorb a salary into AK's TE, it would be the smart move for us salary wise. Is there a player we could move to more suit that trade?

Maybe this?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qfp7n8u

I think they would rather move Henderson or Marvin Williams rather than Neal.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#246 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Mirza - MKG
Stephenson - Bogs
DWIll - Jack

If we can get Lance and either MKG, Henderson, or Williams I think that will be a coup for the Nets.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#247 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Mkg would be your next tony Allen but I dont see them parting ways...

Marvin or Gerald or whatever, we take it n run.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,653

Post#248 » by yosemiteben » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:12 pm

There is no way that happens.
Zachbretton
Rookie

Post#249 » by Zachbretton » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:12 pm

I was thinking about this more and more. I feel like we may want to include the Suns in this. They need a more ballsy center and have a jam in the back court.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nkwdc9p

I know it seems a bit crazy, anyone have a way to tweak the trade to maybe make that more favorable in general? I like the trade and think it works for all teams involved.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#250 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Zachbretton wrote:I was thinking about this more and more. I feel like we may want to include the Suns in this. They need a more ballsy center and have a jam in the back court.

I know it seems a bit crazy, anyone have a way to tweak the trade to maybe make that more favorable in general? I like the trade and think it works for all teams involved.

we make out like bandits in that deal. :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#251 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:55 pm

yosemiteben wrote:

There is no way that happens.

I agree, that's too much for just Lopez
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#252 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Zachbretton wrote:I was thinking about this more and more. I feel like we may want to include the Suns in this. They need a more ballsy center and have a jam in the back court.

Is Dragic really having that bad of a year that they would get rid of him and their young center for Lopez and Anderson? Can't see the Suns doing that one.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#253 » by DarkXaero » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Lol at people thinking that Dragic would be available that cheap. Not just talking about our fanbase either, its other teams fans too.
F3LON
Banned User
And1: 187

Post#254 » by F3LON » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:51 pm

brooklynoz wrote:

Mirza - MKG
Stephenson - Bogs
DWIll - Jack

I agree with what you're saying but the argument that he played his best under Bird makes no sense, since he is now playing under MJ. By that argument you would think he would be playing career best ball this season.

That's a very good point. The only thing I could say is that MJ is known to be a big prick.
Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Post#255 » by Christine-In-AZ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:54 pm

macgyver893 wrote:

Is Dragic really having that bad of a year that they would get rid of him and their young center for Lopez and Anderson? Can't see the Suns doing that one.

You are correct sir! That is a horrible proposition from the Suns POV.

Suns want Dragic for the long haul, and Len is a year away but showing great promise this season
Zachbretton
Rookie

Post#256 » by Zachbretton » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:47 pm

ChrisInAZ wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:

You are correct sir! That is a horrible proposition from the Suns POV.

Suns want Dragic for the long haul, and Len is a year away but showing great promise this season

Would you do Isaiah Thomas instead?

From your point of view how would you modify that kind of trade to be more even

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#257 » by DarkXaero » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 am

What teams would realistically be interested in Joe Johnson, other than Charlotte and Detroit?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#258 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Maybe we need to add some more aggressive play at the PG. This eats into our 2016 cap space, but it might be a better roster for the foreseeable future. How about this:

- Williams for Bledsoe and Tucker

- Lopez and Anderson for Stephenson and M. Williams

Bledsoe / Jack
Bogdanovic / Stephenson
Johnson / Tucker
Teletovic / M. Williams
Garnett / Plumlee
Draz3n
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#259 » by Draz3n » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Bare with me please.
This was mentioned on the BrooklynGame, a little more than a week ago.
Brooklyn Nets (MOCK) trade Deron Williams to Sacramento Kings for Derrick Williams, Jason Thompson, Ben McLemore

Trade #1: I figured a way to make the deal to make more sense for the Nets. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pebbb4q

- We save $2.7mil, and get a young PG to try out before deciding if he’s in our long term plans.
(+) Jackson, Perkins, Landry (-) Williams, Davies, Brown.

Trade #2: Even if you don’t like Stephenson, this is a huge move to more flexibility for the Nets. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=psp23h2

- We save $11.3mil!!! We get a backup PG in Jameer Nelson, and a Vet wing in John Salmons(expiring).
(+) Stephenson, Nelson, Salmons (-) Johnson, Anderson, Jefferson.

Trade #3: We trade Jarrett Jack for expirings. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=opt8ud5

- We save $1.4mil this year, and $6.3mil next year. Waive Jordan.
(+) Anthony, Singler (-) Jack, Jordan

All together we drop our total salary from $91mil to $75mil. Now, the Nets have reached the tax apron by shedding $16M off of their books.. They will then have the ability in the offseason to make S & T, use the bi-annual exception and full-Mid level exception next season.

Our Lineup this year could look like…

Jackson-Nelson-Morris
Stephenson-Bogdanovic
Karasev-Salmons-Singler
Garnett-Teletovic-Landry
Lopez-Plumlee-Perkins (Anthony)

That’s still a playoff team, and i think Lance and Reggie would complement each other pretty well since Reggie has learned to be effective off the ball i.e. Westbrook.

Next year we would have $41.3mil (coming down from $77mil) committed to Lopez, Stephenson, Bogdanovic, Nelson, Karasev, and Plumlee. If we re-signed Jackson to a $10mil deal, and Teletovic to a $7mil deal, we would be at $58.3mil. If we wanted to we could S&T trade those guys for other assets.

If we didn’t like Jackson after the couple month rental, we could S&T him somewhere, and make a play at Dragic or Rondo.

In 2015 we could also look to sign SF Free Agents like Kawai Leonard, Wesley Matthews, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Iman Shumpert, Mike Dunleavy…but before looking to sign other teams FA this is how our 2015 lineup would be…

2015:
Jackson-Nelson
Stephenson
Karasev-Bogdanovic
Teletovic-Landry
Lopez-Plumlee

$58.3mil we still have cap space/exceptions to work with ( and we still have our 2015 pick)

I LOVE the makeup of that team, and how young it is.
What do you guys think???
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#260 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:25 pm

so the suns want a more "ballsy" center and your solution is to give them one of the softest players in the game?

Return to Brooklyn Nets