Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Milwaukee Kidd's vs Brooklyn Nets - 11/19/14 7:30pm 

Post#381 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:21 pm

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Deron is the least of this team's worries.

The Center stinks to high hell and we have no defense anywhere on the floor.

this.

until we find a big that can give us consistent good minutes we arent beating anyone

You really don't see how we could get better production from Deron? I'll have to log in for a game thread.

not enough to overcome how bad our bigs have been and how bad we are defensively especially protecting the paint (27th in points in the paint allowed)

Deron would have to play at an NBA MVP type level to overcome that, even then i doubt it would. our issues arent deron williams offense. its our defense 1 through 15 and specifically at PF and C

i watched that nets OKC game from last night again, they must have had 40 points off the pick and roll with the big either dunking, getting fouled or having the entire team have to help leaving and easy offesnive rebound for them.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#382 » by kamaze » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
this.

until we find a big that can give us consistent good minutes we arent beating anyone

You really don't see how we could get better production from Deron? I'll have to log in for a game thread.

not enough to overcome how bad our bigs have been and how bad we are defensively especially protecting the paint (27th in points in the paint allowed)

Deron would have to play at an NBA MVP type level to overcome that, even then i doubt it would. our issues arent deron williams offense. its our defense 1 through 15 and specifically at PF and C

i watched that nets OKC game from last night again, they must have had 40 points off the pick and roll with the big either dunking, getting fouled or having the entire team have to help leaving and easy offesnive rebound for them.

Touche the interior defense is horrible BK could use a shot blocker or 2 Hassan Whiteside is an option.

I haven't watched every game closely (it's not worth being frustrated) but in that Milwaukee loss he didn't pass good or defend when they could have won more than once. He hasn't come close to playing up to his contract here; at times not even being decent; making other point guards look better with his lack of defense.
Last year was his best defensively 25 games with a steal or something like that and the offense was better.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#383 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:i watched that nets OKC game from last night again, they must have had 40 points off the pick and roll with the big either dunking, getting fouled or having the entire team have to help leaving and easy offesnive rebound for them.

I was a broken record last night. Yelling at the screen as Reggie Jackson continued to target Lopez in the PnR again and again.

Oh but of course, Lopez had a double-double last night so he obviously must've played well, right? The guy makes a tough, contested shot on one end and then on the very next play on the opposite end, the opposition quickly goes to PnR and gets easy layup at the basket.

If it's hard for you to score on one end but easy for the opposition to score, that's not a good thing. It just makes the Nets tire out easily while the opposition doesn't have to work.

A good team puts them away early. We just beat a 3-10 team by 2 points. I'm happy about the win but there are very few positives to be taken away from that game.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#384 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:45 am

kamaze wrote:
Touche the interior defense is horrible BK could use a shot blocker or 2 Hassan Whiteside is an option.

it has nothing to do with shot blocking. shot blocking is irrelevant. its about guys getting wide open layups, getting beat off the dribble, giving tons of air space, missing asignments, and just allowing guys to get to the rim uncontested. hassan adams isnt even close to the awnser.
I haven't watched every game closely (it's not worth being frustrated) but in that Milwaukee loss he didn't pass good or defend when they could have won more than once. He hasn't come close to playing up to his contract here; at times not even being decent; making other point guards look better with his lack of defense.
Last year was his best defensively 25 games with a steal or something like that and the offense was better.

we lost ot the bucks because we played horrible D and turned it over. Dwill didnt play great but it was more on our bigs on the interior, horrible pick and roll defense and giving them like 15-20 second chance points
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#385 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:47 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Prokorov wrote:i watched that nets OKC game from last night again, they must have had 40 points off the pick and roll with the big either dunking, getting fouled or having the entire team have to help leaving and easy offesnive rebound for them.

I was a broken record last night. Yelling at the screen as Reggie Jackson continued to target Lopez in the PnR again and again.

Oh but of course, Lopez had a double-double last night so he obviously must've played well, right? The guy makes a tough, contested shot on one end and then on the very next play on the opposite end, the opposition quickly goes to PnR and gets easy layup at the basket.

If it's hard for you to score on one end but easy for the opposition to score, that's not a good thing. It just makes the Nets tire out easily while the opposition doesn't have to work.

A good team puts them away early. We just beat a 3-10 team by 2 points. I'm happy about the win but there are very few positives to be taken away from that game.

yeah... which is why all those "FG% at the rim" stats are garbage. anyone who watches can tell lopez isnt some good rim protector. he either gives the gaurd 8 feet where he can pull up for a short one or gets blown right past. its bad and im shocked more teams dont put him in a 1-5 pnr everytime he is on the floor
enetric
RealGM
And1: 169

Post#386 » by enetric » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Please take his jersey down from the rafters. I don't care about bad PR. He is a living, breathing piece of s****

Maybe he was right. He's right now coaching a young team with a wide window of opportunity and players with a future.

Meanwhile, this roster is full of players that can't be traded and play like pussies.

That has not nothing to do with his own actions. What he did was a disgrace to the league.

He wanted the Nets job. He knew what he was getting himself into.

You know several things occurred to me after this game. While I still feel disrespected at how he can so easily disregard his connection to the Nets brand...it's fans his accomplishments here and what that era meant to us, I just don't know what to objectively make of his departure.

First off we have rumors and not much more to go on with regard to his departure. I wish he would have been candid about his side of the story. The part that sucks most is to see that running the worst team in the league in one of its smallest markets with the least upside for the foreseeable future was more appealing than being with our team. All that history the big market and the big pile of cash behind the scenes was not enough. So what was so bad Milwaukee was more appealing?

As easy as it is to dump on him he had this team over achieving last season after Lopez went down. And he has the Bucks winning games. A roster worse that Philly and he is playing .500 ball bearing both NY teams back to back on the road??? Results wise his coaching career has to be considered successful so far.

I don't know if I will ever get over his disregard for his place in our history but I think this current chapter is lacking information. I hope at some point we get to hear both sides of the story.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#387 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:58 pm

enetric wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Maybe he was right. He's right now coaching a young team with a wide window of opportunity and players with a future.

Meanwhile, this roster is full of players that can't be traded and play like pussies.

That has not nothing to do with his own actions. What he did was a disgrace to the league.

You know several things occurred to me after this game. While I still feel disrespected at how he can so easily disregard his connection to the Nets brand...it's fans his accomplishments here and what that era meant to us, I just don't know what to objectively make of his departure.

First off we have rumors and not much more to go on with regard to his departure. I wish he would have been candid about his side of the story. The part that sucks most is to see that running the worst team in the league in one of its smallest markets with the least upside for the foreseeable future was more appealing than being with our team. All that history the big market and the big pile of cash behind the scenes was not enough. So what was so bad Milwaukee was more appealing?

As easy as it is to dump on him he had this team over achieving last season after Lopez went down. And he has the Bucks winning games. A roster worse that Philly and he is playing .500 ball bearing both NY teams back to back on the road??? Results wise his coaching career has to be considered successful so far.

I don't know if I will ever get over his disregard for his place in our history but I think this current chapter is lacking information. I hope at some point we get to hear both sides of the story.

i think it came down to kidd wanting to mold the team to his liking and the franchise choosing players over kidd. i think him wanting lopez gone for sanders was it. not just the move, but the fact he didnt have the input/power to make that call. i dont think milwaukee the team/location mattered... i think he was determined to go somewhere he'd be able to call those shots in the future.

as far as his place in team lore, he was a scumbag i hated as a player, a scumbag i hated as a coach, and now a scumbag who coaches another team. i could care less if he doesnt care for us
kamaze
General Manager

Post#388 » by kamaze » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

it has nothing to do with shot blocking. shot blocking is irrelevant. its about guys getting wide open layups, getting beat off the dribble, giving tons of air space, missing asignments, and just allowing guys to get to the rim uncontested. hassan adams isnt even close to the awnser.

we lost ot the bucks because we played horrible D and turned it over. Dwill didnt play great but it was more on our bigs on the interior, horrible pick and roll defense and giving them like 15-20 second chance points

The lack of athleticism on the team is a problem. The lack of trying is another that's what defense is supposedly all about effort. Kidd had a good scheme with the help defense that worked real good, besides Jerome Jordan who else is a good defender out there..

Shot blocking is irrelevent lol. Point guards are getting by the defender and DUNKING on Lopez. I'd rather see him hard foul to deter guys from going inside but he is who is changing him is the coach's project.

Yup the Joe Johnson turnover in regulation that should have won it for Milwaukee, the Brandon Knight 3 pointer that tied the game up in one of the overtimes were knives to the chest.

Didn't play good it's not all on him but my god changes need to be made.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#389 » by kamaze » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:03 pm

enetric wrote:
Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

There's been a disconnect between GM and the coaches they've had Kidd asking for more power would have brought more stability to the front office since he was supposedly to be the coach. The moves Billy King made and continues to make would have got him fired by now. Look at the roster last year compared to this.

It's also become clear the front office doesn't understand how things are run in the NBA. This team is a mess.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#390 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:39 pm

kamaze wrote:
enetric wrote:
Paradise wrote:That has not nothing to do with his own actions. What he did was a disgrace to the league.

There's been a disconnect between GM and the coaches they've had Kidd asking for more power would have brought more stability to the front office since he was supposedly to be the coach. The moves Billy King made and continues to make would have got him fired by now. Look at the roster last year compared to this.

It's also become clear the front office doesn't understand how things are run in the NBA. This team is a mess.

Sorry but no. Just because the Bucks look competitive doesn't mean Kidd is a GM or a President. We would be destroying management if Kidd took over and made horrible moves or made questionable decisions. Last time I checked, Kidd randomly benched Kirilenko in the first round. His media response after beat writers asked him about it was ignorant. So, his way of handling Kirilenko wasn't any better. Andrei's wife went off on him via Instagram which was the only reason why he played him throughout round 2.

The reality is Kidd made a demand that was out of his jurisdiction after a medicre start and his point of view was making trades while the fact hearing King tell him "no" probably was the tipping point. Plus, King never wanted to hire him. It was all Prokhrov.

The problem with management is they felt they could get by without draft picks as a Plan B in case of mediority or injuries and they are finding out the hard way this is a draft-first league. They were so insecure about fan fare and being #1 in NY, they didn't want to be patient. Now, we're in a predicament where we can't tank or trade any of these guys for picks. Yes, we have a nice following in Brooklyn and built a popular brand but at what cost?

I see both sides of why they were careless and why diehards fans are angry but I don't think there is more in the Kidd situation that correlates to management being unprofessional or shady with Kidd. I understand everyone is upset with the season and the way things are being handled with An but at the end of the day, Jason Kidd was always a snake. The stupidity of King, Rasumov and Proky doesn't change that Kidd is an opportunistic con man.

The NBPA plans to open an investigation on Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz. Which says a lot if they feel his agent was operating illegally during the process. Kidd shouldn't have been hired but I don't blame them at all for letting him go.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#391 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 am

The sad part is with how bad the Knicks have been, we could have been patient

oh well.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#392 » by kamaze » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Paradise wrote:
kamaze wrote:
enetric wrote:

Sorry but no. Just because the Bucks look competitive doesn't mean Kidd is a GM or a President. We would be destroying management if Kidd took over and made horrible moves or made questionable decisions. Last time I checked, Kidd randomly benched Kirilenko in the first round. His media response after beat writers asked him about it was ignorant. So, his way of handling Kirilenko wasn't any better. Andrei's wife went off on him via Instagram which was the only reason why he played him throughout round 2.

The reality is Kidd made a demand that was out of his jurisdiction after a medicre start and his point of view was making trades while the fact hearing King tell him "no" probably was the tipping point. Plus, King never wanted to hire him. It was all Prokhrov.

The problem with management is they felt they could get by without draft picks as a Plan B in case of mediority or injuries and they are finding out the hard way this is a draft-first league. They were so insecure about fan fare and being #1 in NY, they didn't want to be patient. Now, we're in a predicament where we can't tank or trade any of these guys for picks. Yes, we have a nice following in Brooklyn and built a popular brand but at what cost?

I see both sides of why they were careless and why diehards fans are angry but I don't think there is more in the Kidd situation that correlates to management being unprofessional or shady with Kidd. I understand everyone is upset with the season and the way things are being handled with An but at the end of the day, Jason Kidd was always a snake. The stupidity of King, Rasumov and Proky doesn't change that Kidd is an opportunistic con man.

The NBPA plans to open an investigation on Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz. Which says a lot if they feel his agent was operating illegally during the process. Kidd shouldn't have been hired but I don't blame them at all for letting him go.

Give him credit despite his personality he was a great player and he's a good coach.

Return to Brooklyn Nets