Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Milwaukee Kidd's vs Brooklyn Nets - 11/19/14 7:30pm 

Post#341 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) tweeted at 6:15pm - 19 Nov 14:

Jason Kidd said that he believes the Nets wanted him fired after a slow start: "Shows you the kind of people you're dealing with."

devin kharpertian (@uuords) tweeted at 6:14pm - 19 Nov 14:

Jason Kidd on the way he left: "It shows you the type of people I was dealing with (in Brooklyn)."

Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) tweeted at 6:14 PM on Wed, Nov 19, 2014:

Jason Kidd said that we used to count how many times he picked up the clipboard. "Do you guys do that with coach Hollins?"

Andy Vasquez (@andy_vasquez) tweeted at 6:42 PM on Wed, Nov 19, 2014:

Jason Kidd:" As a player you get traded & as a coach you have the opportunity to get traded... So we move on. Unfortunately one side hasn't."

Please take his jersey down from the rafters. I don't care about bad PR. He is a living, breathing piece of s****

Maybe he was right. He's right now coaching a young team with a wide window of opportunity and players with a future.

Meanwhile, this roster is full of players that can't be traded and play like pussies.

Kid is a complete D-bag for sure... but not for anything that had to do with this recent coaching stuff. everyone of those comments is correct and his assesment of this team was correct.

he wanted lopez aka mr.softee gone. they let him move brook for sanders he would still be here, probably pierce too and we likely arent 4-7 going on 4-78 :banghead:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#342 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:04 pm

jeff1624 wrote:We haven't won a game since Joe decided to "get off dis s***." Maybe "winning" is what "dis" was referring to.

we havent won a game since we started playing teams with .500 or better records.

our record vs .500+ teams: 0-5

our record vs. sub .500 teams: 4-2

Joe's comments where bad, but anyone who thinks we are losing game because of what Joe said clearly doesnt get it. He was right, this team was playing bad basketball which was masked by playing awful tank commander lotto scrubs. now that we play average or better teams we arent going to win. and that wont change. if joe said nothing we'd be the same 0-5 during this stretch.

the problem wasnt words... the problem is defense, offense, effort, pride, and motivation.

Other then bad publicity and fueling haters joe's comments really had no effect
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#343 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:That has not nothing to do with his own actions. What he did was a disgrace to the league.

He wanted the job. He knew what he was getting himself into.

He knew what he was getting himself into, and he got the **** out when the writing was clearly on the wall

Look at this team bro.

Look at this ****.

Kidd saw the smell coming from this pile of horse **** 10 miles away. **** this team

Writing on what wall? He left due to his own greed. He admitted it today.

Stop giving him credit for absuotely nothing.

it was though... kidd was there day to day. he knew what he did(nt) have we these guys. he knew he wasnt winning with someone like lopez. whcih is why he pretty much gave an ultimatum . they wouldn trade brook, kidd bounced and he is much better off for it.

Lionel Hollins is a guy who usually gets the most effort out of his team. if he cant get this team playing with even mediocure effort its clearly the players.

How long to deron williams and brook lopez get a pass for being the top players on the team and not being able to lead us anywhere? Joe Johnson's pass is clearly up after his comments. those 3 have proven it wont work together, need to move one of them
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#344 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:10 pm

F3LON wrote:How many minutes does Lopez need to get 10 rebounds? Lets see

7 Rebounds / 44 minutes = .159 reb/min
10 rebounds / .159 reb/min = 62.89 min

Yes people Lopez needs 62.89 min to get to 10 rebounds. Get him off this team. I use to love Lopez but his time has passed. He isnt getting it done.

chirs paul, kyle lowey, damian lillard, rajon rondo... all better rebounders then brook this year

Lopez had 13 inches and 100 pounds on chris paul
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#345 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Quiet-Dude wrote:One of the main problems with this team start at the 4/5 combination... Either Lopez or KG should go to the bench with Mirza taking the 4 position. I think if Lopez go to the bench the team would be more balanced since he wouldnt take shots from willians and jj

I agree out best bet is some combo of:

Dwill | Bogs | JJ | WHOMEVER | KG

i dont know if mirza can start, honestly the rebounding has been really bad when he is in and his defense has been lacking. id honestly give CJ a start. what can it hurt? if anything it will at least help our rebounding and give us some energy
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#346 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:12 pm

macgyver893 wrote:5 Biggest issues so far this season:

1. Defense is atrocious
2. We cannot rebound on either side of the ball
3. We are way too turnover prone
4. We lack a real identity
5. Brook Lopez is overpaid and not worth it

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#347 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:22 pm

WhateverBro wrote:I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Brook Lopez is really, really awful right now.

There's way too much iso'ing going on offensively. Joe Johnson and Lopez are ball stoppers, there's no movement offensively when they're both on the floor.

And the defense continues to be a joke.

i just can compare johnson ISO's to Lopez Iso's.

When Johnson ISO's he is a very willing passer and whent he double comes he finds guys and when he gets in the paint he finds guys. he had a couple lobs to lopez a few passes out for open 3's out of the post. he had like 8 or 9 assists.

Lopez is a black hole. when it goes into him it isnt come back out. lopez has 6 assits on the SEASON and before the last couple nights he had 1 on the season.

I just cant lump lopez and Joe's isolation together, they are 2 very different animals. Joe has certainly had some really bad efforts of late, but his ISO's arent ball stopping by any means
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#348 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:22 pm

0-5 since JJ went off this sh*t
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#349 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:43 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:0-5 since JJ went off this sh*t

0-5 since we started playing teams with .500+ records.

whats more logical, that we are losing because we started playing good teams, or that we started losing because sticks and stones break bones? :banghead:

year 3 of this mess and nets fans are still making excuses and scapegoating while being in denial that we just arent that good and dont play hard enough consistently. No team led by Dwill/Lopez will ever be a contender. and Joe johnson might get you to the playoffs if you ride him as your horse, but he aint getting you much further then 1 round.

we dont have a top 20 player on this team. and we have like maybe 2 player on the entire roster who play both ways.

But hey we'd probably be 7-4 if joe kept his mouth shut amiright? :crazy:
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#350 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:so i had to DVR the game and watch it when i got home, i set it to record and extra 15 minutes in case of OT but didnt expect 3 OTs. i cut out on me after the second OT.

can anyone give me the lowdown on how we blew it in the 3rd OT? i assume it cant be worse then joe johnson throwing an outlet pass to brandon knight to try and lose it in the second OT

ilyasova made two close range shots and Joe decided not to pass, ended up missing every shot attempt. Bogdanovic made a huge three to cut it to a two point lead and Jarrett Jack made Middleton look like Kobe in the final minutes.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#351 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:so i had to DVR the game and watch it when i got home, i set it to record and extra 15 minutes in case of OT but didnt expect 3 OTs. i cut out on me after the second OT.

can anyone give me the lowdown on how we blew it in the 3rd OT? i assume it cant be worse then joe johnson throwing an outlet pass to brandon knight to try and lose it in the second OT

ilyasova made two close range shots and Joe decided not to pass, ended up missing every shot attempt. Bogdanovic made a huge three to cut it to a two point lead and Jarrett Jack made Middleton look like Kobe in the final minutes.

Glad it cut off when it did. thanks for the breakdown
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#352 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Yes people Lopez needs 62.89 min to get to 10 rebounds. Get him off this team. I use to love Lopez but his time has passed. He isnt getting it done.

This is appalling.

Lopez needs to be hit with DNPs. He added nothing to this team last night.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#353 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:We haven't won a game since Joe decided to "get off dis s***." Maybe "winning" is what "dis" was referring to.

we havent won a game since we started playing teams with .500 or better records.

Joe's comments where bad, but anyone who thinks we are losing game because of what Joe said clearly doesnt get it. He was right, this team was playing bad basketball which was masked by playing awful tank commander lotto scrubs. now that we play average or better teams we arent going to win. and that wont change. if joe said nothing we'd be the same 0-5 during this stretch.

the problem wasnt words... the problem is defense, offense, effort, pride, and motivation.

how do you know Joe's comments didn't change the way our guys are thinking on the court now? Maybe Deron took them to heart? Maybe that's why he's been more passive lately? IDK, just playing devil's advocate. I don't think Joe's comments are why we're sucking, I think it's 90% of the reason you stated about playing crap teams, but to dismiss that his outburst to the media had no effect on the team is just ignoring something that could really be an issue. I very well think it could have had an impact on the guys.

We have so many problems with this team though.... rebounding, defense, and lack of identity are the biggest ones. Having a pansy for a big man doesn't make any of these problems easier.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#354 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:13 pm

macgyver893 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

how do you know Joe's comments didn't change the way our guys are thinking on the court now? Maybe Deron took them to heart? Maybe that's why he's been more passive lately? IDK, just playing devil's advocate. I don't think Joe's comments are why we're sucking, I think it's 90% of the reason you stated about playing crap teams, but to dismiss that his outburst to the media had no effect on the team is just ignoring something that could really be an issue. I very well think it could have had an impact on the guys.

We have so many problems with this team though.... rebounding, defense, and lack of identity are the biggest ones. Having a pansy for a big man doesn't make any of these problems easier.

there guys play in NY and have been in the spotlight here and other places. they have been called out before and killed by the media before. joe speaking up couldnt have had that big an effect on them, and if it did they are so fragile it wouldnt have mattered anyway cause your never winning with someone so mentally weak they fall apart if someone calls out bad team play(especially not naming specific players).

deron isnt being less agressive either, its the most aggressive we have seen him in a really long time. he is just a greatly diminished player without a high motor. he has hit the phase of his career where he takes more jumpers and cant be counted on to carry you. he'll chip in but his days of dominating are long gone.

i think you just really overlook how bad this team is talent wise on defense, how big a hole we have at PF, how poor our bigs are, how low our typial effort is. joe notices, and he said something. and he knew once we played good teams we were gonna get smacked.

nothing joe said effect our bottom line with wins and losses. that all had to do with a low effort team with major issues finally starting to play teams that dont suck.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#355 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

This is appalling.

dont go over to ND, they have him as someone who had a bounce back performance and played well :banghead:
JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Post#356 » by JudBuchler » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Looking back its extremely shocking this team was able to beat toronto in the playoffs and reach the 2nd round, and Toronto had homecourt
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#357 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

This is appalling.

dont go over to ND, they have him as someone who had a bounce back performance and played well :banghead:

That's because Robert Windrem and the rest of the thought police there will ban people for speaking the truth.

I had high hopes for this team and I am very disappointed in what I've seen.

The one thing? I refuse to toss Deron under the bus. This guy has been aggressive and that's all I ask from anyone.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#358 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:31 pm

JudBuchler wrote:Looking back its extremely shocking this team was able to beat toronto in the playoffs and reach the 2nd round, and Toronto had homecourt

No it was not shocking. We had size at every position and Joe Johnson destroyed Derozan and Ross.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#359 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

there guys play in NY and have been in the spotlight here and other places. they have been called out before and killed by the media before. joe speaking up couldnt have had that big an effect on them, and if it did they are so fragile it wouldnt have mattered anyway cause your never winning with someone so mentally weak they fall apart if someone calls out bad team play(especially not naming specific players).

deron isnt being less agressive either, its the most aggressive we have seen him in a really long time. he is just a greatly diminished player without a high motor. he has hit the phase of his career where he takes more jumpers and cant be counted on to carry you. he'll chip in but his days of dominating are long gone.

i think you just really overlook how bad this team is talent wise on defense, how big a hole we have at PF, how poor our bigs are, how low our typial effort is. joe notices, and he said something. and he knew once we played good teams we were gonna get smacked.

nothing joe said effect our bottom line with wins and losses. that all had to do with a low effort team with major issues finally starting to play teams that dont suck.

I still have no issue with his comments because the guy knew damn well once we started playing teams that have their **** together we would start piling up losses and here we are, 5 game losing streak with no relief in sight.

What irks me now is that Johnson has been playing like **** since making the comments.

Can't blame Deron folks. Deron is at least trying. Bogs is trying. KG is trying. Can't say that for everyone else on this roster. Brook Lopez is a punk bitch, and last night The Greek Freak OWNED Joe Johnson.

I think that Hollins needs to let AK47 and the kids play. We need a change of pace, and some youth and energy. Let Jefferson, Brown, and Karasev get some burn.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#360 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:0-5 since JJ went off this sh*t

0-5 since we started playing teams with .500+ records.

whats more logical, that we are losing because we started playing good teams, or that we started losing because sticks and stones break bones? :banghead:

year 3 of this mess and nets fans are still making excuses and scapegoating while being in denial that we just arent that good and dont play hard enough consistently. No team led by Dwill/Lopez will ever be a contender. and Joe johnson might get you to the playoffs if you ride him as your horse, but he aint getting you much further then 1 round.

we dont have a top 20 player on this team. and we have like maybe 2 player on the entire roster who play both ways.

But hey we'd probably be 7-4 if joe kept his mouth shut amiright? :crazy:

Theres no doubt the comments made by JJ offset any momentum the team was gathering. One bad loss, ok.... Two in a row, disappointing. 3? Come on fight back.... But 5.... And its not like portland or Miami were at full strength. Then Milwaukee?....

JJ intentions were good but to me it shows the team isn't feeling or clicking like they look before.

Not to mention JJ himself isn't helping.

7-4 or 4-7 if he said nothing.... He went public in a vague way which casted doubt n 2nd looks among the team.... Obviously the team isn't proving him wrong... Its not out of reason to think n see the players not playing cohesive or themselves individually
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to Brooklyn Nets