ImageImageImageImageImage

Suggestions?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Suggestions? 

Post#1 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:00 pm

What do you guys think Hollins should try differently?

Leaving trades out of it for now (even though we mostly agree that we should trade Lopez), what do you guys want to see happen with this current roster?

----------------

How about shaking up the starting frontcourt and move Lopez to the bench. Slide KG to center, and put Mirza next to him (sorry Felon).

Run the offense through Deron and JJ early on.

Bring Lopez in halfway through the first quarter for KG, then Plumlee for Mirza. Then slow the game down with the halfcourt sets and run through Lopez when their starting centers are out of the game. Let JJ, Deron, and Bogs continue to play out the first quarter.

Start cutting minutes for Anderson, and give Brown and AK a shot. Out of the second quarter, let Jack, Brown, AK, Plumlee, and Lopez start. Bring JJ back in before the other starters, a few minutes into the second. By the end of the second, close it out with our starters, maybe even with Mirza on the bench and Lopez still in.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Suggestions? 

Post#2 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Clean everything up.

#1 option is Deron
#2 option is Joe

If Joe tries to freeze anyone out, bench him. Immediately.

Let Brook get touches via pick and roll. Limit his isolation plays.

Bench rotation: Jack at PG, Kerasev at SG, Teletovic at SF, Plumlee at PF and Jordan at C. Bench Anderson. Indefinitely.

Slide KG to Center at the 5 minute mark to close out quarters.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#3 » by kerry kittles » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:38 am

Have Marcus Lutrell come in and give a speech to this lifeless bunch. If that doesn't get them playing with effort than nothing will.
And here's the speech in referencing: http://yellowhammernews.com/faithandcul ... ill-floor/
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:06 am

kerry kittles wrote:Have Marcus Lutrell come in and give a speech to this lifeless bunch. If that doesn't get them playing with effort than nothing will.
And here's the speech in referencing: http://yellowhammernews.com/faithandcul ... ill-floor/

thanks for sharing that. That will most likely be better than watching the Nets play a game tonight.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#5 » by jeff1624 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:08 am

Paradise wrote:Clean everything up.

#1 option is Deron
#2 option is Joe

If Joe tries to freeze anyone out, bench him. Immediately.

Let Brook get touches via pick and roll. Limit his isolation plays.

Bench rotation: Jack at PG, Kerasev at SG, Teletovic at SF, Plumlee at PF and Jordan at C. Bench Anderson. Indefinitely.

Slide KG to Center at the 5 minute mark to close out quarters.

Karasev looked like he was terrified of even touching the ball in the few minutes he played. I'd rather throw Markel Brown in there to see what we have.
Dat Leadership
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:18 pm

macgyver893 wrote:What do you guys think Hollins should try differently?

Leaving trades out of it for now (even though we mostly agree that we should trade Lopez), what do you guys want to see happen with this current roster?

----------------

How about shaking up the starting frontcourt and move Lopez to the bench. Slide KG to center, and put Mirza next to him (sorry Felon).

Run the offense through Deron and JJ early on.

Bring Lopez in halfway through the first quarter for KG, then Plumlee for Mirza. Then slow the game down with the halfcourt sets and run through Lopez when their starting centers are out of the game. Let JJ, Deron, and Bogs continue to play out the first quarter.

Start cutting minutes for Anderson, and give Brown and AK a shot. Out of the second quarter, let Jack, Brown, AK, Plumlee, and Lopez start. Bring JJ back in before the other starters, a few minutes into the second. By the end of the second, close it out with our starters, maybe even with Mirza on the bench and Lopez still in.

Other then sitting lopez i really dont see what he can do. i mean he is playing a 10 man rotation as is. he ahs mixed and matched lineups. he has even given jordan some burn. i think we are in too big a tail spin to start giving rookies big minutes, but i guess i wouldnt mind seeing CJ.

I'd move lopez to the bench, KG to center and run everything through deron and joe. let lopez chuck with the second unit vs. back up bigs
Quiet-Dude
Analyst
And1: 1,676

Post#7 » by Quiet-Dude » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Start Mirza at the 4 ... and play Garnett at the 5. Bring Lopez off the bench so he can play pick and roll game with Jack and draw fouls from scrub centers

Deron has to be the main guy.
Klaw basketball
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#8 » by kamaze » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Trade AK47 and whoever else to get a power forward to come off the bench and move Mirza back to small forward.

Trade Deron Williams.

Edit-we should get a new GM before we make any moves imo
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#9 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Quiet-Dude wrote:Start Mirza at the 4 ... and play Garnett at the 5. Bring Lopez off the bench so he can play pick and roll game with Jack and draw fouls from scrub centers

Deron has to be the main guy.

yup, KG HAS to play center. he has been beyond awful defensively this year
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm

So a few people agree that we should try starting with KG at center and Tele... or Plume at PF? Then have Lopez get 30 mpg off the bench.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:47 pm

macgyver893 wrote:So a few people agree that we should try starting with KG at center and Tele... or Plume at PF? Then have Lopez get 30 mpg off the bench.

id rather lopez play 15-20 minutes. only extend him if he is killing it on offense. otherwise play him only against opposing teams bench. right now his defense is an enormous liability that will cost us games.

what is the difference between starting lopez and playing him 30 minutes vs. brinigng him off the bench for 30 minutes? thats still a ton of time with/against starters. all it changes is he doesnt play the first 6 minutes

i dont care who starts at PF, go with whoever is holding up the most on D
kamaze
General Manager

Post#12 » by kamaze » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Lopez is shaking the rust off he missed a year it's too early to give up on him by sending him to the bench. The media would be all over that.

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#13 » by jbeachboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:55 am

we need to play jerome jordan, markel brown and cory jefferson more, our roster is tired and needs more in rotations
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 pm

I don't think we can use Lopez "shaking off the rust" as an excuse any more. He's had great chances to prove he can be a true center, and just continues to fail. He should be protecting the paint and playing close to the basket on offense. He should be rebounding and abusing other centers. He does none of these things. Move him to the bench and limit his minutes is the best solution now.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#15 » by MGrand15 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:06 pm

I don't get why people see sending Lopez to the bench as this giant demotion. Bontempts thought I was crazy on twitter and said it would NEVER happen. Manu Ginobili and James Harden were 6th men. Lineups with more than 2 guys that need the ball in their hands are giving you diminishing returns. Starters should be Deron, BB, JJ, Mirza, KG. Let Deron do his thing with PNRs and let JJ get post ups. Outside of that, we can just run the flex. These starters also give JJ PLENTY of room to post up and for Deron to drive in. 5 shooters on the floor.

When Brook comes in, we can take out Deron or/and JJ, and start calling post ups for him. He's REALLY good at scoring points in bunches. That's awesome for the 2nd unit. It lets Brook be the focal point without having to worry about taking touches away from JJ or Deron. Last 5 minutes of the half can be based on performance on matchups. If Lopez is playing well, keep him in - if not, roll with the starters.

Outside of that, re-introducing AK47 and having him take all of the backup SF minutes would be helpful. On nights where Hollins wants to play JJ at PF - he should be putting AK47 there. Also, less of Jack and Deron next to each other unless the matchups are right. I really hate seeing Deron guarded by 2s. Jack's been playing really well so I don't really want to cut his minutes. But having guys like Danny Green guard Deron puts him in a tough position.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#16 » by kamaze » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 pm

macgyver893 wrote:I don't think we can use Lopez "shaking off the rust" as an excuse any more. He's had great chances to prove he can be a true center, and just continues to fail. He should be protecting the paint and playing close to the basket on offense. He should be rebounding and abusing other centers. He does none of these things. Move him to the bench and limit his minutes is the best solution now.

We should. You think it's easy for a 7 foot 250-275 pound man to come back from not playing a season after having another foot surgery? We already know he's not a mobile player take away his health what do you expect?

Funny how understandable some are with Deron's health but there's such a small leash for Brook.

Quiet-Dude
Analyst
And1: 1,676

Post#17 » by Quiet-Dude » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Can the Nets simply just trade Lopez to the Lakers for Ed Davis and sign Okafor?
Klaw basketball
SV1113
Junior
And1: 84

Post#18 » by SV1113 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Start Tele / bring Lopez off the bench / start giving AA's minutes to Markel

We will be better defensively and have better ball movement with this starting line-up. Lopez can anchor the second unit and his lack of passing wont hurt as much with him being the primary option in the second unit

Kg Lopez
Tele / Plumlee
Joe
boj / Brown
D-will / Jack
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Teletovic has been working his tail off and Lopez has been getting a lot of criticism from Hollins. I think we might actually see a switch soon. How much can it hurt to try it?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#20 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:59 pm

kamaze wrote:Lopez is shaking the rust off he missed a year it's too early to give up on him by sending him to the bench. The media would be all over that.

i dont think the D part of it is rust. he has just never been a good defender and now that he has less around him its even more obvious. teams know we cant defend the 1-5 pick and roll, and you are seeing it more and more against him.

his offense might come around, but im not sure thats enough to warrant starting him with as bad as his D and rebounding are. KG is just a beetter choice at center right now

Return to Brooklyn Nets