ImageImageImageImageImage

AK-47 Has Left The Team

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: AK-47 Has Left The Team 

Post#41 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:15 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:If it wasn't for our need of a starting SG, I'm pretty sure all of our rookies would be DNPs. None of our young guys are getting burn, which is terrible for the future of the Nets. How can you expect these guys to get better if they never play or have the ability to learn through their mistakes?

I really dont follow you on this....

our "young guys" are who.. CJ who was what the 59th pick in the draft? how many guys taken that late get minutes over vets like garnett or teletovic?

MArkley brown was also a second rounder, and is buried behind jacks/anderson/bogs.

its not like we have some mid first round pick racking up DNP-CDs.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#42 » by kerry kittles » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:14 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:If King gives up a young asset just to make AK go away, ugh...fire him on the spot.

How many times have we said this before though?

Considering all that King has done already, the fact that he's still here is a testament of how blind ownership is.

GMs must light up when they see him call. Hey it's Billy King of the overpay how many future assets can I extract from him. It's rumored now that Hinkie wants compensation in the form of picks in addition to Karasev to eat AK's salary.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#43 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:10 pm

therealbig3 wrote:It's not King's fault. It's Hollins's fault. Why didn't AK47 see the court at all, especially when everyone else was sucking it up?

Hollins has a history of alienating/ignoring good players that could definitely help a team out. He has a history of having a bad offense. He has a history of stubbornly sticking with what doesn't work. He has a history of playing 2 big-man lineups despite the entire league shifting to a more small ball lineup.

These were all the legit concerns that people had when we hired him...it was certainly why I was against hiring him in the first place. It seemed he changed for the better at first, but it looks like he's still the same mediocre coach he always was.

Hollins fault?

AK to me didnt earn any playing time. the few times he saw the court he was awful. his shooting and FT shooting make him a major liability on offense and late in games. his defense has really regressed to where he is now just an average defender who hopes to win out on gambles.

Hollins has also gone small a ton. we've seen joe play plenty of PF this season and we've even seen mirza at Center. Its hard for us to go small since we just dont have the personel for it. It isnt like we stil have pierce. And with lopez at center hollins si kind of forced to go with KG at PF because brook is so bad on the glass and on defense... and even there hollins has to be credited for benching lopez often in 4th quarters.

blaming hollins makes no sense. he is kind of forced with the roster he has logjams at C and not much at PF. playing the corpse of andrei kirilenko wasnt going to change anything
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#44 » by jbeachboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:56 am

hollins sees kirilenko in practice and obviously has no reason to see him to play him in games, this is much i can guess and doesnt see where he fits in if he cant shoot, catch ball or do things he used to
Shook Jones
Junior
And1: 75

Post#45 » by Shook Jones » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:11 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Paradise wrote:He sees the clean surface and not the layers of poop under it. Teletovic, Bogs, Plumlee, Johnson all being productive and this core reaching the playoffs is considered a good enough accomplishment. Prok doesn't see the squandered picks, slow starts, inept "Big 3" as a failure. It won't register until we finish with 50+ losses in these next two seasons.

I do honestly believe Proky truly means well but he shares the same clouded mindset of the other conglomerate of Nets fans. They refuse to admit this core sucks. We have good role players.
That's it.

Dude...I checked the comments on that other site a few days ago and people were saying that it's too soon to say that the Nets are not championship contenders because we're only 11 games in.

I'm sitting there thinking 'In what world is it in conceivable that the Nets are even a top 4 team in the East, let alone championship contenders'. I had us pegged between 6-8 in the best case scenario.

Championship contenders? :lol:

That's because anyone who dares to speak the truth about the situation will be bullied and then subsequently banned by Robert Windrem and the rest of the nazis that run that outfit. Those guys have insider access to the Nets organization and receive kickbacks from the franchise, and in return they have Orwellian thought police style moderating dictating the tone of the discourse.

That particular place is and has been for years the mouthpiece of The Brooklyn Nets. You won't see any articles or posts taking the front office to task. Telling the truth is too risky.

They kicked me off of there for the dumbest reasons. Its the dude Jigga thats a Nazi.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#46 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
After the first few games of the season Hollins himself came up and said, "Andrew, I do not see your role in the team."

via http://translate.google.com/translate?d ... ews/50950/

What happened to the old saying of "You have to always stay ready because you never know when your number is going to be called?"

How can you say he has no role on the team after the first couple of games in the season?

Hollins is still that stubborn guy who believes that he's always right. Memphis fans did warn us about his unwillingness to play rookies.

If it wasn't for our need of a starting SG, I'm pretty sure all of our rookies would be DNPs. None of our young guys are getting burn, which is terrible for the future of the Nets. How can you expect these guys to get better if they never play or have the ability to learn through their mistakes?

Huh? Bogdanovic is seeing minutes. Plumlee is seeing minutes but he has completely regressed to the point where Jerome Jordan is better than him.

The way Hollins is handling this Kirilenko situation is awful but nothing else has happened to indicate he doesn't and won't play rookies. That's pretty absurd to say when Bojan is an actual focial point.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#47 » by ChosunX » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:10 am

I like how a lot of people think he will go to the Spurs.
godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Post#48 » by godkingleonidas » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:25 pm

No disrespect intended when I say the Nets front office is in disarray. It's too early but, at some point ownership needs to start looking @ replacements for Billy King.
Shook Jones
Junior
And1: 75

Post#49 » by Shook Jones » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Ak47 looked god awful in preseason but I still think they should give him some looks b4 moving him. He has talents this team needs but on offense and its hard to say this but he was even worse than Gerald Wallace.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 pm

godkingleonidas wrote:No disrespect intended when I say the Nets front office is in disarray. It's too early but, at some point ownership needs to start looking @ replacements for Billy King.

No disrespect taken, you are preaching to the choir.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
enetric
RealGM
And1: 169

Post#51 » by enetric » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:46 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Paradise wrote:
macgyver893 wrote:Is it sad that I wish AK the best and somewhat hope the Nets continue to fail? Is there something wrong with me? I've become so jaded as a fan of this piss poorly run franchise.

Unless AK did something awful to disrespect the coaching staff or team, I can't see how the hell this is happening.

Really? I can. He's looked like Gerald Wallace 2.0 since preseason and dating back to last season. Having said that, there is no excuse to keep garbage like Anderson in the rotation and not giving Kirilenko a chance.

AK has played a total of 36 minutes in 7 games. 17 of those minutes came within the first two games and he hasn't touched the floor in the last 3 games.

Wallace was a 2 season nightmare that cost us $40mil and a 6th overall pick.
AK dropped $7mil+ just to come to the Nets.

The least management could do is tell Hollins to give him some burn for being a good citizen especially while the team is playing like hot garbage. There's no reason for Hollins to be so stubborn when none of the players (with the exception of Bogs) is playing well.

It's a PR mess all around that could've easily been avoided.

I think it's OK to stop calling it a #6 pick and call it Damian f-ing Lillard. Or if you want to base it on the spot we occupied in the draft order before making the trade and you believe in karma the #4 pick which became the #1 through the lottery process so Anthony Davis.

Either way one of the dumbest most impulsive trades in history.
enetric
RealGM

Post#52 » by enetric » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Paradise wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Paradise wrote:The phrase is basketball dumb. Management is only good for promoting, signing deals, creating a business brand and there is nothing wrong with that but when it comes to the logistics of basketball related duties, they are stupid as can be and Proky is responsible.

This franchise will continue to do dumb s*** until a Doc Rivers or Phil Jackson authority figure steps in with full control over basketball operations.

And you know what bothers me the most?

When Proky was present at the game, he specifically mentioned how fantastic a job King is doing.

It's mindblowing and sad how inept management has been since Proky became owner especially considering his willingness to spend.

This guy is a billionaire and he can't even see that the return on his player investments has been absolutely horrible but he praises King for being a good asset manager. SMH...

He sees the clean surface and not the layers of poop under it. Teletovic, Bogs, Plumlee, Johnson all being productive and this core reaching the playoffs is considered a good enough accomplishment. Prok doesn't see the squandered picks, slow starts, inept "Big 3" as a failure. It won't register until we finish with 50+ losses in these next two seasons.

I do honestly believe Proky truly means well but he shares the same clouded mindset of the other conglomerate of Nets fans. They refuse to admit this core sucks. We have good role players.
That's it.

This was pretty much my frustration in our arguments the previous two seasons when I felt you came off as blaming Reggie Evans the coach and other low level factors first rather than seeing an incredibly flawed core starting with Dwill.

I am glad you have come around here.

All the depth and support players in the world cannot fix a lack of strength at the top in a superstar driven league.
enetric
RealGM

Post#53 » by enetric » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:03 pm

kerry kittles wrote:the rumored deal is AK and Karasev to Philly for a TPE. SMH, unbelievable - please can King

If that deal happens I am sure King will find a way to give away another pick as well. Philly will want compensation and King treats all picks like mints on the front counter. Oh please...help yourself...
enetric
RealGM

Post#54 » by enetric » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Paradise wrote:
kerry kittles wrote:the rumored deal is AK and Karasev to Philly for a TPE. SMH, unbelievable - please can King

We're not getting anything great for AK. A TPE is not a bad idea but Kerasev included would be a stupid overpay.

And again I say...if you hate adding a prospect people are REALLY going to hate when a pick is added too!
enetric
RealGM

Post#55 » by enetric » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:It's not King's fault. It's Hollins's fault. Why didn't AK47 see the court at all, especially when everyone else was sucking it up?

Hollins has a history of alienating/ignoring good players that could definitely help a team out. He has a history of having a bad offense. He has a history of stubbornly sticking with what doesn't work. He has a history of playing 2 big-man lineups despite the entire league shifting to a more small ball lineup.

These were all the legit concerns that people had when we hired him...it was certainly why I was against hiring him in the first place. It seemed he changed for the better at first, but it looks like he's still the same mediocre coach he always was.

His history is predicated on the personnel he had to work with. The Grizzlies were bad offensively, because they did not have any talented scorers. That two big man lineup has Memphis 10-2, Chicago 8-2.

No matter who we hired, we were stuck with a KG/Lopez frontcourt. Either one would never come off the bench and If Hollins was such an avid hater of small ball, we wouldn't see Deron/Jack/Joe/Mirza/KG closing out games.

The way Hollins is handling this is pretty ridiculous but using this situation as an anti-Hollins agenda overall is equally as ridiculous.

Hollins is the last thing to point blame at. Maybe the AK situation is handled badly, but that is small potatoes compared to how god awful the defense is and how awful Brook Lopez has been.

If you don't have the horses, you can't run a race. Hollins doesn't have the horses.

At the LEAST...I would like to see him give some other guys a chance. We have lost 5 in a row with this rotation. I want to see what Brown and Jefferson can do.

I agree. I don't blame Hollins for what's wrong. But I will tell you what. He sure ain't helping! This guy is going to end up alienating the entire team before he is fired and sent out of the NBA head coaching pool for a long long time if he doesn't make some changes in how he carries himself.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#56 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:02 pm

enetric wrote:
Paradise wrote:

We're not getting anything great for AK. A TPE is not a bad idea but Kerasev included would be a stupid overpay.

And again I say...if you hate adding a prospect people are REALLY going to hate when a pick is added too!

these trades dont make sense. moving AK for a TE or cap space doesnt gain us anything cap wise. we are better off just sending him home until either we get a good offer or we really need to use that 15th roster spot.

just letting him expire saves us the assets. if they can mvoe him 1 up for a similar contract sure, but at his money he isnt a guy you pay to make go away
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#57 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:33 pm

enetric wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
His history is predicated on the personnel he had to work with. The Grizzlies were bad offensively, because they did not have any talented scorers. That two big man lineup has Memphis 10-2, Chicago 8-2.

No matter who we hired, we were stuck with a KG/Lopez frontcourt. Either one would never come off the bench and If Hollins was such an avid hater of small ball, we wouldn't see Deron/Jack/Joe/Mirza/KG closing out games.

The way Hollins is handling this is pretty ridiculous but using this situation as an anti-Hollins agenda overall is equally as ridiculous.

Hollins is the last thing to point blame at. Maybe the AK situation is handled badly, but that is small potatoes compared to how god awful the defense is and how awful Brook Lopez has been.

If you don't have the horses, you can't run a race. Hollins doesn't have the horses.

At the LEAST...I would like to see him give some other guys a chance. We have lost 5 in a row with this rotation. I want to see what Brown and Jefferson can do.

I agree. I don't blame Hollins for what's wrong. But I will tell you what. He sure ain't helping! This guy is going to end up alienating the entire team before he is fired and sent out of the NBA head coaching pool for a long long time if he doesn't make some changes in how he carries himself.

I think that Hollins telling AK47 that he has no place on the team was unprofessional as all hell.

I don't blame the guy one minute for wanting out.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#58 » by jbeachboy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:44 am

at least hollins told him and straightforward, hollins is old school, if its alienates you then they will be gone or traded
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#59 » by Paradise » Mon Dec 1, 2014 11:23 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/uuords/status/539481115074265089[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/andy_vasquez/status/539475435151978497[/tweet]
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#60 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Dec 2, 2014 1:19 am

Did AK break his policy with only having 1 groupie a season lol?

Return to Brooklyn Nets