ImageImageImageImageImage

Stein: D-Will, JJ and Brook now on the block

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Stein: D-Will, JJ and Brook now on the block 

Post#201 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Look, all arguments aside any deal where we can get back one of their young guys and a pick is a complete fleecing. Lopez stinks to high hell

agreed.

if lopez was an inside presence, a rebounder, and a top 3 type player on a playoff team then we would be keeping him not looking to move him given we desperatly need all those things
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Re: Stein: D-Will, JJ and Brook now on the block 

Post#202 » by Paradise » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:08 am

Prokorov wrote:
I dont know why you are playing dumb as i posted the stats above and in the lopez thread.

he isnt scoring efficenctly = See his PER/FTr/FTA/TS%
he isnt scoring inside = See % of FGA from 3 feet in/% from 16+
he isnt rebounding = see drb%, rpg, reb per36
he isnt getting to the FT line = see FTA/FTr

im not sure what you are disputing, nut saying he has taken 137 mid range attempts compared to 212 in the paint (very few of which are 3 feet and in) is proving my point that he isnt scoring inside.

Shooting 45% on long 2's and not getting to the FT line is NOT scoring efficently. especially when he isnt a good jumpshooter and that 45% is likely to get closer to the 39% he shot his last full season and for his career

You made it a point to say he doesn't produce anything but a 'few long jumpers'. He is clearly taking more attempts in the paint than jumpshots.

You also failed to comment on how shameful it is to try and say that 15/6/50% from lopez is somehow the same as 14/6/50% from deng. as if those numbers are the same despite position. that is like saying jack can replace noah because both score the same and get the same amount of assists. it ignores roles of the positions.

No it really isn't 'shameful'. The point is Lopez will be the third option in Miami just like Loul Deng is right now. There is no way around that.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#203 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:32 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/555929931784282112[/tweet]
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#204 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:07 pm

The attachment to Lopez is confusing to me...we're 16-23 with him! How much worse can we really get without him? He's not really helping us win games anyway...and in our situation, our main priority is to win enough games just to make the playoffs so that we don't send the Hawks a lottery pick, while cutting our long-term salary. Trading Lopez in any of the rumored deals accomplishes both of those things. So I really don't understand the reluctance/bitterness of some fans here. This is exactly what we've been asking for, and exactly what our team needed to do. I get that fans won't ever like when their team has to shed talent and short-term success for long-term goals, but our talent and short-term success were non-existent with Lopez anyway, so this is a really easy choice for me.

Return to Brooklyn Nets