Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

The ATL/BRK pick swap 

Post#1 » by Hawk Eye » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:55 am

Hawks fan here..

I promise I'm not here to bash the nets,derail, troll, or anything like that.

I just wanted to get a realistic idea of where the most likely position the nets will begin (pre-lotto) in the lottery. I figured who better to ask then nets fans rights?

The nets are just so hard to get a read on because only about a week or two ago they had impressive wins over Dallas, GSW, etc post-all star break. However Dallas seems to have fallen off a cliff as of late.

It's just that all season long it will be like one minute it looks like we will have a top 3 pick and the next it looks like a 13,14, or 15 pick.

Thanks
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: The ATL/BRK pick swap 

Post#2 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:44 am

:nonono:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:37 pm

First of all, congratulations to your team. Your GM has built a solid roster and you play a style of basketball that we envy over here after years of watching a bunch of overpaid pieces of crap go through the motions. Good luck in the post season, I have no ill will towards the Hawks fans.

To answer your question, I think you guys will luck out and get a top 10 pick from us. We are abysmal and the only reason we won last night is because Philly is a d-league team. The losses will continue to mount and you'll be able to add another young piece to the East's best team.

I'm actually jealous. You guys built the right way.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#4 » by kerry kittles » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:First of all, congratulations to your team. Your GM has built a solid roster and you play a style of basketball that we envy over here after years of watching a bunch of overpaid pieces of crap go through the motions. Good luck in the post season, I have no ill will towards the Hawks fans.

To answer your question, I think you guys will luck out and get a top 10 pick from us. We are abysmal and the only reason we won last night is because Philly is a d-league team. The losses will continue to mount and you'll be able to add another young piece to the East's best team.

They are one of my favorite teams to watch. Unfortunately, due to King's ineptitude we are in position where it's been best for them to lose all season, though obviously not happening.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,070

Post#5 » by Dirk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:First of all, congratulations to your team. Your GM has built a solid roster and you play a style of basketball that we envy over here after years of watching a bunch of overpaid pieces of crap go through the motions. Good luck in the post season, I have no ill will towards the Hawks fans.

Not long ago they were labelled a treadmill team with hardly anyone excited about them or singing their praises. You've got to give them credit for getting rid of Johnson and Smith, but other than that, I feel the credit is down to their coaching staff. They hit the jackpot. They're giving hope to teams who lack a 'superstar' - you can be legit in this league by playing team basketball.
60/21/10
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#6 » by Wonderllama » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:15 am

Go to http://www.tankathon.com/ and click the button a lot. You will see the possibilities.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:52 am

PMOTT3 wrote:Hawks fan here..

I promise I'm not here to bash the nets,derail, troll, or anything like that.

I just wanted to get a realistic idea of where the most likely position the nets will begin (pre-lotto) in the lottery. I figured who better to ask then nets fans rights?

The nets are just so hard to get a read on because only about a week or two ago they had impressive wins over Dallas, GSW, etc post-all star break. However Dallas seems to have fallen off a cliff as of late.

It's just that all season long it will be like one minute it looks like we will have a top 3 pick and the next it looks like a 13,14, or 15 pick.

Thanks

we wont make the playoffs. thats a lock. we will be in the lotto. once hollins waives the flag and shuts dwill/joe/brook down for the year and plays the kids we might win a few games vs bad teams on effort alone. id say somewhere from 10-13 sounds right
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#8 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:17 pm

I swear its going to be a ridiculous top 3 pick in the end lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:37 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:I swear its going to be a ridiculous top 3 pick in the end lol

I think that it will be the first pick in the draft

I am praying that it happens, seriously. I want the Nets ownership and front office to be humiliated in the most brutal manner possible.

This is what they've resorted me to...praying that the Hawks get the 1st pick in the draft just to see this ownership BURN.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Pachoo5
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Pachoo5 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 pm

It seems like destiny that the Knicks will get that first overall pick. The NBA doesnt want the Knicks to be terrible for a long time.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#11 » by Wonderllama » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:I swear its going to be a ridiculous top 3 pick in the end lol

I think that it will be the first pick in the draft

I am praying that it happens, seriously. I want the Nets ownership and front office to be humiliated in the most brutal manner possible.

This is what they've resorted me to...praying that the Hawks get the 1st pick in the draft just to see this ownership BURN.

lol I know right. I have nothing against the Hawks anyway. Nets are stupid and they simply exploited it. But it would be pretty crazy if this pick makes Atlanta a new dynasty

Return to Brooklyn Nets