ImageImageImageImageImage

Getting to barclays from nj

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

BK nets BK
Sixth Man
And1: 605

Getting to barclays from nj 

Post#1 » by BK nets BK » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:00 am

Hello everyone. I got 3 free tickets to the raptors nets game on the 3rd and I'm very excited. Yes we suck ass but it's my first time going to barclays. My only concern is that I have never taken public transportation in my life. I have no idea what trains to take and how early to leave to get to the game. I live in Garfield. Bergen county. I heard driving there is impossible so this is my only option. Thanks in advance
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Getting to barclays from nj 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:28 pm

your best bet is probably to drive to like edgewater or wherever you can park and take a bus to the port authority. the 158 goes there from edgewater. then walk over to time square and take the #2 to barclays.

Where exactly are you coming from. google maps has a cool feature where you can tell it where you are going to and coming from and tell it you want to take public transportation and it will give you the trains and buses to take
brigadierjerry
Senior
And1: 53

Post#3 » by brigadierjerry » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Take NJ transit train to Penn station. Then take subway to Atlantic avenue where Barclay's is

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#4 » by isekii » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:18 pm

There are direct buses into port authority from garfield. Just take the njtransit to Port Authority and take the subway to Barclays.
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#5 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 pm

isekii wrote:There are direct buses into port authority from garfield. Just take the njtransit to Port Authority and take the subway to Barclays.

Bingo.

Just make sure the buses run late night though.
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#6 » by isekii » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:27 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
isekii wrote:There are direct buses into port authority from garfield. Just take the njtransit to Port Authority and take the subway to Barclays.

Bingo.

Just make sure the buses run late night though.

Yea buses run pretty late. I'm pretty sure Garfield has Turnpike express buses too so he'll get back to garfield super quick.
I normally take mine to ridgefield and it takes me like 15-20 minutes to get back to town from Port Authority.
Bynum = Future Olowokandi

Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
bucketz
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#7 » by bucketz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:20 pm

If you're tying to go full PT, take the bus to PABT then get on the downtown Q train towards Brooklyn. Q will take to straight to Barclays in about...20-25 mins? Be sure its the Q. The N and R are on the same line but are local and will take much longer.
If you want to drive part way, this is what I do. The parking around 30th and Broadway is commercial only until about 7ish. Find a spot early and sit in your car until then. The area fills up with taxi drivers on break REAL quick. Get to the 32nd st subway and take the Q from there. You will miss a minute or so of the first quarter but it wont take you 2 hours to get home.
This is not a not burner account

Return to Brooklyn Nets