ImageImageImageImageImage

NETS/Cavs PG: Joe remembers how to play basketball!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Re: NETS/Cavs PG: Joe remembers how to play basketball! 

Post#41 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:06 am

Earl Clark played hungry. I suppose if he replaces what Mirza was supposed to give us, he's someone to keep around.

And please don't get me started on Dog Williams. I can't fathom how this guy has zero pride in his craft. He sucks balls but people defend him and for what? He doesn't play like he wants to win

We won because the bench brought it, Brook continued his high level of play(and got back on the boards tonight), and Joe decided to actually earn that six figure per game pay.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#42 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:09 am

hey mgrand

Dog Will:

2-6FG, 5PTS, 5ASTS, 5REBS, 5TOs

So now, please tell me, where is the bar at?? Where have you set the bar at for this piece of **** player? How low have you set it?

At the earth's core???

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#43 » by DarkXaero » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:12 am

Hornets lose, so we gain a step on them.
Swav718
Senior
And1: 138

Post#44 » by Swav718 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:18 am

YESSSS!!!!! Another great win against a top team. Now we NEED these next 3 wins no excuses. we cant afford to lose against bad teams after a great effort like tonight. We need to blow the knicks and lakers out and pull off another win against the pacers. I cant go though what happened last time after we beat the Warriors again.
Swav718
Senior
And1: 138

Post#45 » by Swav718 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:30 am

Again, hollins cannot play deron and jack together.if one is having a bad game take him out and leave the other in like tonight.

earl clark played very well for the first time being on the team, hope he keeps it up so we can maybe keep him. he just seems too hype and a little trigger happy, he needs to settle down but maybe he was nervous for playing in the nba again. Is he playoff eligible if we sign him for the rest of the year?

Joe finally woke up and brook had another solid game. Our bench was a big reason why we won and it is one of our advantages, anderson played great defense and drew alot of charges, he was getting in Lebrons head and he is a key part of this team, we need him to play well.

The big 3 of the cavs all had a good game but everybody everybody else played bad or sub-par, maybe thats the key to beating them lol
Shook Jones
Junior
And1: 75

Post#46 » by Shook Jones » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:37 am

Just make the playoffs so the pick swap doesnt hurt as bad. Thats all i'm asking.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Re: NETS/Cavs PG: Joe remembers how to play basketball! 

Post#47 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:16 am

Shook Jones wrote:Just make the playoffs so the pick swap doesnt hurt as bad. Thats all i'm asking.
that's the main reason why I care about the end of the season.

Watching ATL getting our lotto pick and potentially draft a beast is sickening.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#48 » by jeff1624 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:09 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Shook Jones wrote:Just make the playoffs so the pick swap doesnt hurt as bad. Thats all i'm asking.
that's the main reason why I care about the end of the season.

Watching ATL getting our lotto pick and potentially draft a beast is sickening.

Same here. That Lillard/Wallace trade makes me cringe whenever it's brought up. I don't want to have ANOTHER one of those to avoid. Go Brooklyn! Make the playoffs and get swept by the Hawks.... I don't care, just make it.
Dat Leadership
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#49 » by MGrand15 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:26 am

MrDollarBills wrote:hey mgrand

Dog Will:

So now, please tell me, where is the bar at?? Where have you set the bar at for this piece of **** player? How low have you set it?

At the earth's core???

He played badly and I can admit he played badly.

This is far different from him playing 30 minutes, dishing out 14 assists and turning it over only twice. Or do you think the games are comparable?

I'm not sure you understand the bar concept. :lol:
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by MGrand15 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:27 am

Just make the playoffs, then beat Atlanta in the 1st round so everyone forgets about the pick swap. Thats all I ask
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by MGrand15 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:30 am

Earl Clark should bring a nice dimension to the team. Big athletic dude with perimeter skills. Nice to see him contribute. Hollins should be good for him. Please though - no heat checks
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#52 » by Paradise » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:49 am

MGrand15 wrote:

Dog Will:

At the earth's core???

This is far different from him playing 30 minutes, dishing out 14 assists and turning it over only twice. Or do you think the games are comparable?

Yeah but he still isn't playing to his potential. One 14 assist game doesn't change the fact he is inconsistent.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:28 am

^inconsistent and not very engaged on either side of the ball. Zero aggression. Defensively a sieve. Zero leadership. He's just worthless.

Meanwhile, Lopez has averaged nearly 27pts, 9rebs and 3blks and is giving this team some very consistent basketball as of late.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

NETS/Cavs PG: Joe remembers how to play basketball! 

Post#54 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:43 am

I haven't really been participating much lately or even posting in the game threads but I'm curious, what does Prokorov have to say about Lopez's amazing recent stretch of games? Chalk it up as luck, or just a good stretch to be followed by terrible play, or hasBrook been redeeming himself? Or is Javale McGee still an upgrade over Brook?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#55 » by Prokorov » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:24 pm

Dog Will:

At the earth's core???

yep and thats basically the same game he played the last 2 games... only difference is those easy passes to brook who took the push shot off them didint go in and dwill didnt get those easy gimmie assists

6 FGA wont cut it. glad hollins stuck with jack who looks to attack.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#56 » by Prokorov » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Swav718 wrote:YESSSS!!!!! Another great win against a top team. Now we NEED these next 3 wins no excuses. we cant afford to lose against bad teams after a great effort like tonight. We need to blow the knicks and lakers out and pull off another win against the pacers. I cant go though what happened last time after we beat the Warriors again.

the laker and knick games worry me a bit.... those teams stink but both have been playing their butts off. the knicks nearly took down boston and LA looked good too. We often struggle vs teams that bring extremely high effort. we need to put those games out of reach early and really take it to them for 48 minutes
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#57 » by Prokorov » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:28 pm

MGrand15 wrote:

Dog Will:

At the earth's core???

The boston/charlotte games and this game are very comporable. brook had 30+ points in those games and deron got 4-6 assists on those games off easy dumps to lopez who was hitting that push shot. last night brook couldnt get that shot to fall down. had those shots gone down and dwill got another 5 assists his stat line looks similar.

6 FGA aint gonna cut it. he needs to be scoring and getting in the lane and causing problems. it isnt tough to come and hand the ballt o lopez 10 feet out on pick and rolls and hope he hits a flip shot
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#58 » by Prokorov » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:34 pm

macgyver893 wrote:I haven't really been participating much lately or even posting in the game threads but I'm curious, what does Prokorov have to say about Lopez's amazing recent stretch of games? Chalk it up as luck, or just a good stretch to be followed by terrible play, or hasBrook been redeeming himself? Or is Javale McGee still an upgrade over Brook?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

he has been playing great the last week+ and has had an excellent month. I still hate that he takes that push shot. the only reason he scored 20 last night and not 30+ like the previous 5 games is because that push shot stopped falling. and that is kind of what is going to happ, the numbers are going to average out and those arent always going to fall. If he took a dribble and attack the rim when he catches at 8-12 feet those 25-30 point games would increase as would his FT attemps.

but overall the guy has been awesome. he is hitting the boards and last night we were able to keep him on the floor even when they put kevin love at center which was really big for us. I'm not on the bandwagon of "brook is a beast and is the best player on this team by a mile and we need to sign him to an extension" but he is having an outstanding month and if he keeps it up and dwill or joe chip in we might actually make the playoffs.

I can get behind the 20/9 brook who takes 1 long jumper a game. (march brook) im still down on the 15/6 brook who takes 4 jumpers a game(nov-feb brook)

I'm hoping hollins has gotten through to him and this is the guy we see moving forward.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#59 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:27 pm

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#60 » by Prokorov » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Paradise wrote:
Yeah but he still isn't playing to his potential. One 14 assist game doesn't change the fact he is inconsistent.

I just dont get why the bar has been set so low for the guy or how he got beyond criticism.

On that other site people are bashing hollins for benching him, blaming derons woes on hollins. We just beat the cavs, mainly because we took them down in the 4th, where jack played really well. Yet somehow that turns into "hollins hates dwill, and is a terrible coach who has ruined dwill"

no one needs deron to be a 20/10 player. but it would be nice if he could at least be a 16/8 player, or someone who can OCCASIONALLY give you 22+ points.

instead its "hollins hates him and he ruined dwill".

Dwill simply hasnt responded to being held accountable for his play, and he has lost a step. he needs to work harder now to do what came easier before and he just hasnt been able to do that.

The best we have seen from him IMO was the stretch he was coming off the bench. he seemed to play harder. problem with that means jacks starts and plays 38 minutes which really isnt a good thing. wish we had like a jameer nelson or someone who could start and not be quite as shot happy as jack and let dwill/jack earn it off the pine

Return to Brooklyn Nets