Non-Nets Playoff Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Re: Non-Nets Playoff Thread 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:22 am

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:harden's game is complete trash. he snaps his head back on EVERY drive and throw shis forearm into peoples back. that is such trash.

Agreed.

24 points on 4-11 shooting and 17 ft attempts. Sorry but I can't vote for a guy as an MVP who literally relies on officiating to bail out his crappy performances. He hasn't shot 50% or better in a playoff series.

its worse then that... its not even looking to be bailed out its his entire game plan. he drives the lane and the first thing he does before even going into his stride is to snap his head back like he got shot with a rifle. not every now and then but every drive

its disgusting.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,896

Re: Non-Nets Playoff Thread 

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Yeah, I've been telling people that for awhile about how fraudulent Harden's numbers are. The dude is skilled but in the playoffs he's trash. The idea that people want to declare him MVP over Curry is a joke.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#23 » by Lamak » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:13 pm

If D-Rose can stay healthy in the playoffs, Bulls are a threat again.
Brooklyn Nets
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#24 » by jeff1624 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Shaun Livingston with the Jack-esque -21 in 13 minutes played.
Dat Leadership
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#25 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Gotta respect the way how Boston is playing. Stevens has them playing without fear. They might still lose in 4-5 games but they will be hard fought games.

Of course, Billy King's hubris that they we would be better and they would suck in 2017 made it easy for him to do a pick swap. Now, we have to sit here with bated breath over the next 3 seasons as we hope we don't gift them lotto picks for 3 straight seasons.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#26 » by Lamak » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Celtics playing Cavs close and they did snap the 18 game home win streak
Brooklyn Nets
SIC
Senior
And1: 208

Post#27 » by SIC » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Man I wish we had Nets had the Celtics GM, Coach, players and NETS picks. They are scrappy and confident. Their coach is really good. Ainge has done a very good job.

Unless BKing revamps this Nets team, Celitcs will be drafting more young players to add to this group.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#28 » by kerry kittles » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 am

I'm all aboard the Grizzles bandwagon when we ultimately get knocked out. It was awesome they got us in and love the brand of basketball they play.
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#29 » by kerry kittles » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:33 am

Conley is a warrior and such an underrated player. I'd love to sign him in 2016 if he was willing to come here
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#30 » by jeff1624 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:08 am

We were the closest game of the day. I'm disappointed with the loss, because this game was very winnable, but I'm glad we didn't embarrass ourselves.
Dat Leadership
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#31 » by therealbig3 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Other than the Nets, I'm on the Warriors/Cavs bandwagon. The two most entertaining teams to watch imo.

Still shocked at how many excuses Rondo gets btw. Dude was always massively overrated in Boston, but it's even more obvious now how much of a liability he is offensively...and he still gets a pass from everyone in the media. Deron Williams gets KILLED when he falls off, before any of these questions about his effort and motivation came up, he was just legit not playing as well as he was before...but Rondo falls off an already unimpressive cliff, and the media still gives him the benefit of the doubt. And it's not like he hasn't had his own share of character issues over the years. He's just one of those players that's just protected I guess. Certain guys attract hate, certain guys get a pass.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#32 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Other than the Nets, I'm on the Warriors/Cavs bandwagon. The two most entertaining teams to watch imo.

Still shocked at how many excuses Rondo gets btw. Dude was always massively overrated in Boston, but it's even more obvious now how much of a liability he is offensively...and he still gets a pass from everyone in the media. Deron Williams gets KILLED when he falls off, before any of these questions about his effort and motivation came up, he was just legit not playing as well as he was before...but Rondo falls off an already unimpressive cliff, and the media still gives him the benefit of the doubt. And it's not like he hasn't had his own share of character issues over the years. He's just one of those players that's just protected I guess. Certain guys attract hate, certain guys get a pass.

well rondo has had 1 bad season, and it was after an injury much worse then any dwill has had. rondo also isnt coming into camp out of shape, and rondo also hasnt sucked balls in the playoffs(if anything he has stepped it up in a major way in the playoffs). he has a ring and has always done well in the post season. his highs are higher then derons and his lows have not been as lengthy. talk to me when rondo has had a 3 year stretch like derons last 3.

to me it isnt close. deron is 10 times more disappointing and for more unacceptable reasons
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#33 » by therealbig3 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Rondo's performances in the playoffs are so overblown. For every good game he has, people ignore all of his terrible ones. I don't think Rondo has ever been the same caliber of player as D-Will, and I say that as someone that hates D-Will. Maybe now they're about the same level, because Deron has fallen off in a major way, but Rondo has just never been that good of a player, even before his injury. Boston historically played just as well or better without him, and after they traded him, they got better and made the playoffs, while Dallas played WAY worse. It's time to stop acting like all of these occurrences are mere coincidences and call a spade a spade: Rondo sucks right now, and he never really was all that good.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#34 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:17 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Rondo's performances in the playoffs are so overblown. For every good game he has, people ignore all of his terrible ones. I don't think Rondo has ever been the same caliber of player as D-Will, and I say that as someone that hates D-Will. Maybe now they're about the same level, because Deron has fallen off in a major way, but Rondo has just never been that good of a player, even before his injury. Boston historically played just as well or better without him, and after they traded him, they got better and made the playoffs, while Dallas played WAY worse. It's time to stop acting like all of these occurrences are mere coincidences and call a spade a spade: Rondo sucks right now, and he never really was all that good.

you are going on a half season sample size for both boston and dallas and you are doing it in rondo's first time back off a major injury. that is extremely flawed sample.

as far as rondo never being in deron's class, there is really nothing to back that up. you can even make the case rondo has been better at times.

As far as Rondo in the playoffs, you are greatly exagerrating his bad vs. good. people dont remember the bad games as much because there are far fewer then them. in addition rondo's numbers have increased in the playoffs every season. he is just flat out a better player in the playoffs as he raises his game.

looking at his playoff game logs, it is pretty riddiculous to insinuate he has had just as many bad games as good ones. it isnt close actually.

Further, in the biggest games he also steps up. his numbers in either elimination games or games when boston can close out the opponent rondo has been phenominal.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#35 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:21 am

The Raptors were mouthing off before the playoffs started and look at them now
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#36 » by Born_Ready » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:54 am

Boston's future is bright. That's a young but solid corps of talent they have assembled. Respect.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Re: 

Post#37 » by Zachbretton » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:54 am

Paradise wrote:The Raptors were mouthing off before the playoffs started and look at them now

I had them winning in 6 or 7, now I'm worried its going to be a sweep, they just can't get anything going so far
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#38 » by jeff1624 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at the Raptors.
Dat Leadership
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Post#39 » by Zachbretton » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:05 am

jeff1624 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at the Raptors.

and :o :o :o at the wiz just shredding them on defense and then scoring with ease on offense
MirzaIsGod
Senior
And1: 206

Post#40 » by MirzaIsGod » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:05 am

Realgm is running so slow right now... raptor fans must be all over each other and their team on the forum... got to love it :D :D :D

Return to Brooklyn Nets