Game 3 PG: Brooklyn's Frontcourt overwhelm Hawks

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Re: 

Post#201 » by TheTrooper » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Paradise wrote:Bojan is a godsend

:lol: Even his surname confirms that. It comes from the name Bogdan - meaning God given. :lol:
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Re: Game 3 PG: Brooklyn's Frontcourt overwhelm Hawks 

Post#202 » by Antti22 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Antti22 wrote:I mignt be the only one, but I thought that Deron played quite well in the first half till he took that brutal fall on the charge call. He literally fell hard on his back and after that he was beyond garbage, couldnt move at all. And his shot was off from the start anyways. Jack played ok till the end of 4th, where everyone saw that he just cannot dribble the ball, and is unable to bring it even past half court.

That fall was what Deron needed for an excuse.

He is shooting 7-of-26 for this series.

Not talking about his shooting in particular. He was playing good defense and was running the offence really well. He did lead us to 31-16 first quarter, but that hit he took in the second quarter really bothered him. He was truly awful running the offence after that and started being a turnover machine.

His shooting has been really off this whole season. But generally he has been much better than Jack at running the show. But last night even I who likes D-Will usually, was yelling at the screen and saying that get that stupid Dog off our team in the third quarter, and shortly after Jack got substituted in and started running the show. Then we got our lead back and made a run.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,070

Post#203 » by Dirk » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:04 pm

It's pretty simple - if Bogdanovic is hitting his shots, being dynamic, handling and driving at his 50 year old speed, the Nets are totally different in therms of 'watchability'.

There's a thing with the thread title: "frontcourt overhelm Hawks". I have to ask... what the hell happened to Plumlee who has looked like a end of the bench scrub? You'd think he could be a difference maker off the bench but he doesn't seem to have any sort of role now.Looks lost.
60/21/10
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#204 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:It's pretty simple - if Bogdanovic is hitting his shots, being dynamic, handling and driving at his 50 year old speed, the Nets are totally different in therms of 'watchability'.

There's a thing with the thread title: "frontcourt overhelm Hawks". I have to ask... what the hell happened to Plumlee who has looked like a end of the bench scrub? You'd think he could be a difference maker off the bench but he doesn't seem to have any sort of role now.Looks lost.

He was horrible in last years PO as well. He struggles when the game isn't up tempo and plays better with the starters. He was also being severely overrated coming into the season. But yeah, everything about his game has been garbage since Lopez got reinserted into the lineup.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#205 » by SpeedyG » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:21 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:We need another big man. Plumlee has peaked and he just isn't any good. We should trade him with Deron to Sacto for whatever they offer.

I'm not so sure. His ability to finish at the rim is something that hasn't been utilised recently. I think he's a smart, athletic kid going through an extended slump that's not been helped by his inconsistent role, minutes and touches.

He might well fade out or get upgraded or find more success elsewhere. I'd give him another year here to develop before severing ties. If it's the same story this time next year then I'm in total agreement with you.

It hasn't been there because the Hawks pack the interior with bodies. Its the same problem that limited Thad in Games 1 and 2. Game 3, instead of trying to get all the way, Thad gets the ball about 5 feet in and uses his hooks to score. Money.

Unless Mason can give us that (which I don't think he can), then he really doesn't give us much out there.

The problem is none of our bigs are playing well right now other than Brook. Hopefully Thad has adjusted and keep playing like this. But after those two...

Plumlee doesn't give us much and Mirza looks like a guy who hasn't played in 3 months.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#206 » by SpeedyG » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:It's pretty simple - if Bogdanovic is hitting his shots, being dynamic, handling and driving at his 50 year old speed, the Nets are totally different in therms of 'watchability'.

Our team is not a very good outside shooting team. But when guys are making shots (whether its Joe, AA, Deron, Bojan, or Mirza when he was playing), it really opens up our offense because guys have to close out, which opens things up for Lopez inside.

Honestly, our scorers are all paint scorers: Joe loves his post up into a floater. Brook is an excellent catching and finishing. As you saw in G3, even Thad Young can score inside with those hooks.

If we're not making our shots, then the defense can help and swarm our guys inside.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#207 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:00 pm

The stats have never lied, when Mason goes to the bench his productivity goes into the **** ter.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#208 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Was at the game... my thoughts

- Crowd was pathetic throughout. i dont mind the late arriving but overall it was as dead as a regular season game vs. the sixers. cant blame them though, this team doesnt give you inspired play to get behind. but it was as dead as ive ever seen a playoff game in any sport ive been to live

- LOVE what Hollins and Brook did the sequence the last 6 minutes of the game. Brook had it working... so he looked to dominante. problem was he did so by taking idiotic shots and not attacking - a 22 foot jumper, a dirk reverse pivot step back, and some soft garbage as he fell to the ground. all clankers. Hollins with the quick hook, refocusing him, then right back in. next touch lopez goes hard inside over his shoulder for a short hook shot and a score. good mindset by lopez, good coaching by hollins, and great response by lopez to that coaching.

- As i mentioned all week, in the playoffs role players play well at home and poor on the road and i expected thad/bogs/brown/etc to play better. they certainly did and onthe flip side korver was non exsistant and scott/antic/schroeder did next to nothing. i think that trend continues tonite and we see more good play from thad and bogs.

- Deron really needs to give us something. i dont care if he is hurt or not. if he cant supply decent % on wide open 3s or get in the lane then he shouldnt be on the floor. at all. This narrative that he "runs the offense well" is horse crap. he doesnt, not when he isnt getting in the lane. passing it to guys who then make plays isnt running a good offense. he needs to attack, he needs to score, and he needs to get in the lane or he flat out shouldnt play.

-Defensively we arent playing really well. 50 points in the paint allowed is misleading because close to half of that was par tof theri 25 fast break points. in the halfcourt we have really played well. less layups, less wide open 3s. i think the biggest thing is we arent overhelping and we are switching almost everything. we are better off with a 1 on 1 mismatch in their favor and taking our chances then we are trying to rotate in time/make the right rotations. if we can continue to hold them to 90-95 or so we are in good shape to stay in these games

-Jack really played within himself. i hope that continues. if he is on the floor extended time he cant get shot happy. we cant have possessions were no one touches the ball. him shooting a ton is fine, him shooting a ton without a pass first is not fine.

Return to Brooklyn Nets